Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Multishot Change Mentioned In Devstream 59 [Megathread]

Invalid_Infinity

I always wondered why it didn't always work that way.

Then it's basically just a square-scaling fire rate boost instead of a square-scaling damage boost.

I assume it will draw the extra ammo from the clip, in which case bows and the Vectis don't really suffer at all. (Obviously, this depends heavily on exact implementation)

Edited by http404error

They're not nerfing damage. Did you pay attention to anything?

Multishot is a must in almost every good build, in this way hungry ammo weapons are gonna be almost unusable with it.

Options:

1. You use it but you basically run out of ammo after 5 enemies killed

2. You don't use it but you do literally half of the damage

It's an implicit damage nerf

Interesting, seems the consensus among most people in this thread so far is that this is actually probably a good idea. 

Only because people are still watching the devstream. This is going to erupt with displeasure soon enough.

I stopped as soon as I heard about the nerf. Too pissed off to watch it for another second.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

I agree, things should have been like this from the beginning. But they werent. Now we have a full game where enemy scale and balance is designed around a mistake from the start. Now they are going to try to rebalance some weapons after the change, but the rest of the game stays relatively the same.

I see this turning into a mess. Actually, I see this just adding to our already existing mess and making things even more complicated.

its only good if they rebalace ammo consumption on some of weapons, for example this change will completly kill synnoid gammacor since after nerf it already become not very popular and with this change it will become trash tier.

Nope. All weapons. No exceptions. 

Multishot is a must in almost every good build, in this way hungry ammo weapons are gonna be almost unusable with it.

Options:

People said that when the Synoid Gammacor got nerfed. Those people just need to bloody equip a Mutation mod and it's all groovy. This lets other not so top tier fire rate weapons catch up in the DPS race. 

Options:

It's not. You don't use the mod, you do less damage. You use the mod, you do more damage. The damage of the mod is not changed, and you missed the bit where they said weapons will be rebalanced for it.

Options:

Not really. 

You don't do literally half the damage. For starters Split Chamber is not as good on some weapons to begin with, but more to the point, that's a 90% multishot chance, not 100%. So it's not reliable for a consistent "twice the damage". Secondly, even if it were, most people would be replacing it with a DPS mod or perhaps a fire rate mod, so their dps wouldn't suffer nearly so much as you are claiming. 

This is kneejerkism at it's finest. 

Multishot now uses more ammo

But somehow this is going to nerf damage

The kneejerk reactions...

On weapons that will have ammo problems after change you will either have to drop multishots mods or equip ammo mutation instead of another damage mod which means direct damage drop.

The result will be a pool of viable weapons will shrink.

Edited by igo95862

Options:

Except you still keep your damage, but it has a tangible downside considering it basically allows to attack twice in oneshots. The multishot change won't change your damage, only if you decide you want to remove it.

I don't like it. People complain about weapons effectively having 5-6 slots instead of 8 due to required mods, but rather than address that, we're being forced to spend more for the same effectiveness peak.

But this is making multishot less of a required mod and more something you choose to have with a drawback.

It has the serration problem.