Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invalid_Infinity

Proposed Multishot Change Mentioned In Devstream 59 [Megathread]

I stopped as soon as I heard about the nerf. Too pissed off to watch it for another second.

That's hilarious.

I find it absolutely hilarious that the people who asked for a change to damage mods being mandatory will get their wish in the form of Multishot actually consuming more ammo thereby making Multishot mods no longer mandatory.

Hilarious because I'm pretty sure what these people wanted was to do away with 'mandatory mods' to up their pewpew/Dakka.

Edit: typos

They broke another lever they used to make lesser weapons cool again.

(goodbye hek-like buffs)

If they just add a aura like slot and plus 2 slot then they could improve the variety of builds and buff the old mods which suffer from uselessnes. The multishot and pure damage mods need in every build because they doesn't want fix that damn AI and not try to improve their tactics instead they buff their armor and damage dealing on higher levels to the sky.

This seems to me another bandaid.

The only good what I heard still the mastery rank rework which needed long times ago.

Everything used multishot. So they're effectively nerfing everything.

Bad weapons will become even worse.

Top-tier weapons will just become mediocre.

On weapons that will have ammo problems after change you will either have to drop multishots mods or equip ammo mutation instead of another damage mod which means direct damage drop.

The result will be a pool of viable weapons will decrease.

They said they are going to re-balance some weapons because of ths change, it's would be very short sighted to see how this change will cripple some weapons such as the Kohm.

So they're converting into a corrupted mod, but it's still one of those 'required' mods, especially with pistols. We're effectively getting punished for complaining.

Time to make Ammo restores!

Makes no real difference to me.

What did annoy me was their reason for not making Vacuum universal. Because "pros" don't use it. Least that's what it sounded like.

Not really. 

You don't do literally half the damage. For starters Split Chamber is not as good on some weapons to begin with, but more to the point, that's a 90% multishot chance, not 100%. So it's not reliable for a consistent "twice the damage". Secondly, even if it were, most people would be replacing it with a DPS mod or perhaps a fire rate mod, so their dps wouldn't suffer nearly so much as you are claiming. 

This is kneejerkism at it's finest. 

BarrelDiffusionModU145.png   ScatteredJustice.png 

Btw, fire rate mods make you also consume ammo faster.  It's not like the game has endless missions where you need ammo efficiency but also good damage because of the stupid enemy level scaling, right?

One of the worst decisions they've ever made.

So essentially ammo hungry weapons that already require ammo mutation mods will be useless after being fired for 5 seconds. They were talking about never running into ammo issues currently (I'm sure they've tried the Twin Grakata or high fire rate weapons in actual survival missions...). And I'm glad that I now need to forma my other weapons to slot in an ammo mutation mod which is gonna waste yet another slot.

But most importantly, instead of addressing the overarching issue (necessary dmg mods just take up space/guns are useless without them) they simply make one of them worse and call it "balanced". What in the world would make this more balanced? It's not like Multishot won't be mandatory anymore because enemy scaling and damage mitigation is still completely broken.

The entire game and modding system would tremendously benefit if DE would just finally take a look at enemy scaling and simply take out Serration, etc. entirely. But instead they're using those temporary solutions.

EDIT: Ammo 2.0... I'm waiting

Where is the drawback on Serration? Mmm?

Slot used and mod pts drained are its drawbacks

If you didn't know

;)

Rip twin grataka

I already unload 120 rounds in 2 seconds, now I'll unload 120 rounds in less than 1.

For those that don't realize it this change will make them have to rebalance a lot of weapons. It gives automatic weapons a HUGE nerf, while doing almost nothing to single/ semi auto weps. So any auto weps there are barely useable will now be unusable, and any that are kind of good will now be barely usable.

Even worse for secondary weps because you can get over 200% multi shot.

Yes this change makes a lot of sense because you are shooting 2 bullets instead of 1, but they ether need to buff auto weapons in damage, up the amo capacity a lot, or buff the amount of ammo you get from drops.

This just makes sense, in a few ways:

Literally, it makes no sense for these rounds to proc out of nowhere.

From a balance point of view, multi shot mods are more than near auto include. As the game develops, we should all be prepared for these auto include mods to be mitigated, somehow and at some point.

This particular nerf is a reasonable. I welcome the new issue of ammo consumption and how we all deal with it.

This is always such a silly comment. Why isn't everything just OP and thought-free?

Aw ok ok...its my problem i guess... i just can't enjoy the nerfing, why don't they fix the real problems of the game?

I repeat if you are happy when things are nerfed because for you "it makes sense" good for you man, thats my humble opinion...

before they do such drastic change fix your danm rng and scalling...

cause that rng the scaling and now weapons like gammacor grakata even faster empty anf surv stops at 20min alike and you back to spam your abilities....

yea fix it well i ok with such change BUT if you ignore the rest it fixes nothing then break more

That change doesn't make it less mandatory. It just nerfs all the weapons, it might as well be an inconsistent rate of fire mod now.

People are gonna rage so hard, while forgetting weapons will also be rebalanced for it.

Multishot doesn't have a drawback, so it makes sense to change it. Especially if it was always meant to consume ammo.

Multishot's drawback is taking up a slot and 15 mod points in case of split chamber.

This nerf basically turns it into another version of speed trigger.

Literally, it makes no sense for these rounds to proc out of nowhere.

Gameplay should beat "sense" in any game.

This particular nerf is a reasonable. I welcome the new issue of ammo consumption and how we all deal with it.

Now what about those of us who like high ROF weapons? Prisma grakata, for instance? :(

If you are going through with this multishot nerf as many weapons are going to be examined again in how they are modded. It's going to be a ridiculous wait/grind otherwise to reforma every weapon again. The function doesn't have to permanent, but at least make it a one time deal for weapons forma'd before the patch.

The one major question I have is how this would even work with shotguns.

Because say you have 10 pellets per shot.
With hells chamber you now always fire 22 (120% multishot), or the equivalent of 2.2 shots.
So would you only use 2 shells or 3?  Because using an entire extra shell for only 1/5th of a shot would just be unfair.

Multishot just doesn't work the same way on shotgun type weapons so I'm just curious how they will make this change affect them.

See, my biggest fear is that they're just going to not do anything to buff the weapons and go "Here, Multishot's nerfed now, have fun", because that's not going to give people the chance for more variety, it's just going to make people add another requirement for "le top-tier endgame weapons", and people aren't going to bother with ammo inefficient ones at all.

You don't increase variety by nerfing something with nothing to compensate, you increase variety by making the worse choices better. Hell, look at the buffs for shotguns, I'm seeing more shotguns of all kinds now more than ever, because they are an actual choice now, they can pull their weight. You didn't have to nerf the Boltor Prime to make them useful, now did you?

If they buff the weapons to the damage that Multishot/Damage mods would deal, then let the mods burn, I'd love to see them go, then. But if they're just gonna go "lel, this is worse now" and think the hardcore meta players are just gonna go "Well, maybe I should just do S#&$ damage after a while so I actually have ammo after firing twice", that's an extremely bad idea. And I fear that DE's just gonna choose the easier path of "Nerf the ultimate meta things" instead of looking at something like this, asking WHY people consider multishot an "essential mod", and change things based on that.

I believe they did say they would look into rebalancing certain weapons in order to make the changes go more smoothly. Most likely that means tweaking a lot of ammo consumption/magazine sizes so some weapons don't become literally useless with the mods.