Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Multishot Change Mentioned In Devstream 59 [Megathread]

Invalid_Infinity

That's why serration will likely be looked at as well, so they stop being mandatory mods.

Before doing that, they'd need rework the game scaling/progression system in its entirety in the same vein as Mass Effect 3, where weapons, player abilities and enemy stats are balanced in relation to a few static difficulty levels (bronze, silver, gold, etc.), with the game not scaling beyond those.

As the game is now with dynamic enemy scaling, more damage is ALWAYS gonna be mandatory. This multishot nerf is just gonna kill the weapons with poor ammo efficency and reduce weapon variety for late-game/end-game content.

Edited by Duralumin

Sustained DPS and burst DPS take into account magazine size (as well as fire rate and a mess of other stuff but that's not the point).  If you keep magazine sizes the same you're decreasing the number of shots before needing to reload both decreasing your damage and increasing the amount of time spent reloading which on some weapons is already 50%+, 

Edited by jinsaotomex4

It's good because it properly attaches a cost to the benefit. You want to put more rounds downrage? well, now you'll have to reload more often.

You mean taking up 11-15 points and a slot isn't a disadvantage? With all multishot mods being rares, compared to +ROF mods that are generally uncommon? How do you address the fact that multishot is basically just another form of ROF mod with this change?

Where is the drawback on Serration? Mmm?

Slot used and mod pts drained are its drawbacks

If you didn't know

;)

The serration mechanic as a whole needs a whole revision as it is the most mandatory mod needed in the game. But it not having downsides doesn't prevent DE from adding downsides to other mandatory mods.

Why? Changing the functionality of a single type of mod has never prompted a refund in the past, as far as I can remember.

This happens every change/nerf, or ideas of either. There are constant threads that go "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY FOTM FARMING FRAME/ POWERFUL WEAPON GOT NERFED, I WANT MY CORES, POTATOES, AND FORMA BACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Edited by HealingMind

This won't be an option because things in game changing still this game in beta so don't expect refunds for builds. I know this first time sounds a bad decision from them to nerf useful stuffs but they are the devs and they should be creative to solve the problems.

My opinion is they aren't enough creative to solve problems but hope someday they learn to.

Wait and let's see how this changes will work in game.

I can't even comprehend what is happening on this thread. We've got people saying ALL weapons need nerfs and OP saying serration should be changed so it is a bad mod to use. I don't get it. Did I enter the twilight zone or something?

Problem isnt that you will have lower dps, that wouldnt hurt anyone tbh.

Problem is that again it will only affect certain group of weapons.

Bows will be unaffected, launchers slightly affected(more frequent reloads), semi auto weapons slightly affected.

All it really does is nerf automatic weapons.

If they just add a aura like slot and plus 2 slot then they could improve the variety of builds and buff the old mods which suffer from uselessnes. The multishot and pure damage mods need in every build because they doesn't want fix that damn AI and not try to improve their tactics instead they buff their armor and damage dealing on higher levels to the sky.

This seems to me another bandaid.

The only good what I heard still the mastery rank rework which needed long times ago.

Ive had this discussion some time ago, to really allow for variety in builds we would need over 40 slots per weapon, otherwise thats how many mods i will categorize based on dps provided and throw them into my cookie cutter build.

Edited by Davoodoo

You mean taking up 11-15 points and a slot isn't a disadvantage? With all multishot mods being rares, compared to +ROF mods that are generally uncommon? How do you address the fact that multishot is basically just another form of ROF mod with this change?

What is there to address? Obviously it's another form of ROF. ROF mods weren't free ammo, multishot was. Now that will be fixed.

And the point cost of a mod that gets used nearly 100% of the time is completely irrelevant. Automatic mod choices are bad. This is a step towards removing them from the metagame.

This happens every change/nerf, or ideas of either. There are constant threads that go "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY FOTM FARMING FRAME/ POWERFUL WEAPON GOT NERFED, I WANT MY CORES, POTATOES, AND FORMA BACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I mean, you're not wrong. 

I'm tired of people feeling entitled to refunds or compensation because an item receives a nerf. Learn what a EULA is, people.