Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Multishot Change Mentioned In Devstream 59 [Megathread]

Invalid_Infinity

I find it absolutely hilarious that people who asked for a change to damage mods being mandatory will get their wish on form of Multishot actually consuming more ammo thereby making Multishot mods no longer mandatory.

Hilarious because I'm pretty sure what these people wanted was to do away with 'mandatory mods' to up their pewpew/Dakka.

Except it is still mandatory you fool!

What is going to give us back that damage if we do not have multishot on there!?

I can't even comprehend what is happening on this thread. We've got people saying ALL weapons need nerfs and OP saying serration should be changed so it is a bad mod to use. I don't get it. Did I enter the twilight zone or something?

You have entered the Twilight Zone. This is where I like to hang out.

Seriously though, the current mod balance has destroyed so much of this game. It's about time they start fixing it.

I can't even comprehend what is happening on this thread. We've got people saying ALL weapons need nerfs and OP saying serration should be changed so it is a bad mod to use. I don't get it. Did I enter the twilight zone or something?

You didn't take the pills on your doorstep this morning?

But they make the bad feelings go aways... o 3o

Take the pills...

one of us

one of us

one of us 

o 3o

I think you missed the point. Serration is a MUST have mod for endgame. The point is to encourage players to make different selections, not make mods have drawbacks.

Serration is a sense of progress. You level up in other rpgs. Guess what, you level up your serration in Warframe.

Any mod in Warframe has been a "progress" like level up in other rpg games.

Mod diversity cool, but I dont think DE gets it.

Edited by Acidulant

Except it is still mandatory you fool!

What is going to give us back that damage if we do not have multishot on there!?

You don't need the damage. That's the point.

Have you never thought being able to oneshot everything with automatic weapons in the highest tier of content (outside of the absolutely broken raids) was a little bit strange? Weapons are far too powerful right now, even the Mk1 Braton is.

Where is the drawback on Serration? Mmm?

Slot used and mod pts drained are its drawbacks

If you didn't know

;)

That's not really a drawback since every mod has mod point drain and any mod point drain is negated by forma.  Multishot is top tier doesn't have any drawbacks that aren't inherent to every other mod. 

This would certainly make reload, clip size and ammo mutation mods more desirable.  However, I think if this Multishot change is implemented, then I can see it would further justify removing serration and such.

It would also justify increasing the base status chance mods (those 15% I think).  Since some players would want higher status chance without having to deal with multishot consuming more ammo.

In short, Multishot nerf by itself => no.  Package deal with other mods getting buffed => YES!

Edited by Hueminator

But it doesn't change anything. Boltor P will still use it and have top DPS, use ammo restores in emergencies, and Amprex will just be terrible even after 7 forma.

Lol you're seriously deluded if you think weapons will have same dps as before

Youll have to reload 2x times more

This happens every change/nerf, or ideas of either. There are constant threads that go "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY FOTM FARMING FRAME/ POWERFUL WEAPON GOT NERFED, I WANT MY CORES, POTATOES, AND FORMA BACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I mean, you're not wrong. 

I'm tired of people feeling entitled to refunds or compensation because an item receives a nerf. Learn what a EULA is, people.

Wow the amount of dumb and closed mindness is to the 100th level. This is not a whine post as this currently a mod that would affect all weapons, not just the FOTM weapons, even the MK1-Bratoned if forma'd would have to be examined again. So people with large collections of weapons would have to grind again just to make their fun weapons not ammo-hogs.

I mean there wasn't even any calls for "I'm quitting" or such. It was just a suggestion.

Someone posts a suggestion that I don't care/disagree with they are obviously a whiner/baby.

Edited by Oishii

You don't need the damage. That's the point.

Have you never thought being able to oneshot everything with automatic weapons in the highest tier of content (outside of the absolutely broken raids) was a little bit strange? Weapons are far too powerful right now, even the Mk1 Braton is.

#1. You cant oneshot everything.

#2. If you think the Mk1 Braton is "too OP" then you are mentally insane.

There goes that magazine size advantage for the vaykor hek.

Wouldn't this hurt the regular Hek more though? Since it uses a mod that adds another 200% multishot? 

I would think weapon with 290% mulitshot (scattered justice + split chamber) and four round mag, would still use way more ammo and need to reload way more often than 90% multishot with 8 round mag... 

Edited by Tesseract7777

People are gonna rage so hard, while forgetting weapons will also be rebalanced for it.

Multishot doesn't have a drawback, so it makes sense to change it. Especially if it was always meant to consume ammo.

I 100% agree, we should go to EVERY mod in the game and give it a drawback. Lets make shot speed mods increase reload times. Okay, now i'm being serious. Not EVERYTHING needs a drawback, where did you get that idea?

Here's the problem.

Multishot needed a drawback. This is not the drawback it needed. Because if you just want to put more rounds into an enemy faster, you put on Speed Trigger. Vile Acceleration. Shred. Gunslinger.

If anything, they should have reduced the chance to about 50% and made the cost 9 or 11. Or reworked it entirely into a mod that gives shots a chance to not consume ammo, a la Mass Effect 3. Or made one of the stats - damage or crit - split between the bullets. I would gladly have taken any of these options.

It's not about whether it needed its power limited. It's that multishot will now do... effectively nothing useful.

Wouldn't this hurt the regular Hek more though? Since it uses a mod that adds another 200% multishot? 

oh i bet it will it includes multishot

i think multishot is fine where it is it made weapons with very poor ammo economy useful like the twin grakata and other fast weapons.now the ammo will fly even faster to the point of breaking some weapons and not even make them useful.I think this is a very very bad choice and i hope it does not go through. 2 years of haveing awesome multishot and now just now they want to take it away.I use to love the game but now its really slipping.Please tell me the multishot nerf is a very bad joke.

Edited by Noctiferous