Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

71 "failed" Incubation Trying To Get Chesa, Been Trying Since U17 Launch

Adaptor-Face

@Adaptor-Face. I think we can currently safely say two things. (third thing below is just my opinion)

1. The drop rate on Chesa is lower than the other breeds. My guess would be in the vicinity of 5%.

2. The math associated with the implications of this is now reasonably well cross-checked; see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/494054-the-math-of-farming/. For example, if my 5% chance is a reasonable estimate then you might be looking at 44 runs to have a 90% chance of getting your Chesa. Note that is not a guarantee....just a 90% chance. As you say, all your previous fails have nothing to do with your odds next incubation.

3. I think your project is an exercise in futility - ultimately the only thing you are doing is destroying your enjoyment of the game.

I find the topic of psychology of rewards (i.e. drops) very interesting. The reason i.i.d. (independent and identically distributed) drops persists is because it has been shown to be one of the most successful methods of extending game play. Ironically your current project seems to support this view.

that's not what OP is set out trying to do.

He is setting out to point at the EXTREMELY OBVIOUS if a F2P game.

You going the free path? Prepare to wait.

This is not a sub game, i repeat, this is not a sub game. And on top of that, in sub games there are things that have this ridiculous low drop rate.

In all the time i spent in WoW i never got the little green dragon pet.

You are not making a point when you are playing a F2P game.

Specially when through normal play you can get plat and actually get the animal you want.

Eggs sell for 10 plat, right? That's one rare mod. The DNA bp could sell for 30 if you dont care about colors or patterns.

You are have 3 options to get this pet.

1. all free. Which is, of course, going to take longer.

2. Farming and selling. May take a bit of time.

3. Purchasing it. As quick as the plat gets into the account.

It's up to you how long you want to spend on it.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

^ this.. i bought chesa 2 imprints for 30p each, one week after release.. have a chesa since then. the 30p were traded plat.

Edited by CruelMaiden

I'm seriously starting to wonder if something is wrong with their random number generator at this point, we could potentially have another Asheron's Call situation where some players have seeds which are much better than others. It seems more and more likely as I play the game and interact with other players. I have friends who are the "lucky" ones and those who can't ever seem to get anything. 

We know that the drop tables are weighted, and that very rarely does DE ever give us fair chances on new things. But even considering that, the amount of times I've run void missions and gotten the same drops in the same order over and over again, and the screen shots and stories I see and hear from other players makes we wonder if they actually have a really bad PRNG or just a terrible implementation.

to anyone saying RNG is RNG please think about this for a second. IMO it's not so much about the RNG layer but about how it's applied and the seed. Like the above poster i also have friends that seem to be extremely lucky all across the board all the time (rare resources, mods, parts etc) and others that are unlucky most of the time. IMHO it all boils down to this seed. fun story: after spending ~1000p on various things in the game and market my usually unlucky status did a 180 and i was extremely lucky all across the board. i got rare resources from extractors almost every day for about a week (this after running them nonstop since they came out and usually getting rare resources 1/mo at best), got almost all the new prime parts in less then 10 runs each. idk if there's any relation with the spending but damn it's very strange to say the least. my luck ran out abruptly while i was farming t4keys on jupiter interception (first few runs i did getting 10+ NS / 4rounds ... after that 0-2)

not a solution, its a band aid fix from the players. If it was sold finished in the market this would be another story, but as it is now you PUNISH an unlucky player by FOCING HIM/HER to REWARD a lucky player. not a good system.

@Adaptor-Face. I think we can currently safely say two things. (third thing below is just my opinion)

1. The drop rate on Chesa is lower than the other breeds. My guess would be in the vicinity of 5%.

2. The math associated with the implications of this is now reasonably well cross-checked; see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/494054-the-math-of-farming/. For example, if my 5% chance is a reasonable estimate then you might be looking at 44 runs to have a 90% chance of getting your Chesa. Note that is not a guarantee....just a 90% chance. As you say, all your previous fails have nothing to do with your odds next incubation.

3. I think your project is an exercise in futility - ultimately the only thing you are doing is destroying your enjoyment of the game.

I find the topic of psychology of rewards (i.e. drops) very interesting. The reason i.i.d. (independent and identically distributed) drops persists is because it has been shown to be one of the most successful methods of extending game play. Ironically your current project seems to support this view.

1: <5% is a good estimate

2: i am well aware of this, but you cant throw my math out the window either, you need to look at both numbers at the same time

3: IDC really

i am well aware of F2P mechanics, and ways to keep me playing. this neither keeps me playing nor makes me not want to play.

80+ hours for a singular generic item which is spaced out with a 24 hour "cooldown" should bother any dev.

not a solution, its a band aid fix from the players.

Call it what you want, there are 2 options that guarantee the dog you want. 

If it was sold finished in the market this would be another story, but as it is now you PUNISH an unlucky player by FOCING HIM/HER to REWARD a lucky player. not a good system.

It's a F2P game.

It seems like this has not sunk into certain people's head.

If you are going for a totally free option be prepared to wait. 

And i dont know why you would do that since through standard play you should be able to get enough plat to guarantee the dog you want.

You are not being punished you are playing a free-to-play game.

BTW, you do know that you can get 2 DNA prints from the dog you buy and sell them to some one else, right?

You can even sell them for profit.

All the prints from the dogs created in this test could've been sold and you could've actually bought some rare color Chesa Kubrow.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

@Adaptor-Face: it sounds like you are determined to do things the hard-way. Fair enough - your choice.

One thing I have said before and I will say again (and again....and again....):

There should be broad classifications of item rarity (e.g., ultra-rare, rare, uncommon, common) that actually corresponds to said item's drop chance. This can give players realistic expectations on how they want to approach acquiring an item. Example numbers: common (<20%), uncommon (<10%), rare (<5%), ultra-rare (<2.5%). I really don't care about the name of these labels or the exact values - the idea is just to have a scheme to let players make informed decisions.

I think what caused a lot of people to get angry with respect to Chesa was the assumption that kubrow breed chances were equally weighted. So much plat and credits were spent buying eggs, rushing and consigning - with the view that you would probably get the Chesa within a dozen attempts.

Best of luck in your quest.

I never got a Chesa from random incubation and that's over the same period as the OP. It feels like the original Forma droprate (look it up on reddit).

Buying the prints from the lucky raffle winners is the only reasonable way.

-irrelevant-

You were so opposed to the idea that they fix the [Trinity] Prime Access packages. You must have got real mad when they fixed them. We can't have nice things because of people like you. Doesn't matter if unfair or unethical, you will always support it. Good job. 

You were so opposed to the idea that they fix the [Trinity] Prime Access packages.

I wasnt opposed i just think it wasnt necessary because the access pack brought the same amount of cosmetics it has always had.

I even gave the idea that they should bring the kit on the next PA and put it on the access pack.

You must have got real mad when they fixed them.

No. This doesnt affect me in any way.

We can't have nice things because of people like you. Doesn't matter if unfair or unethical, you will always support it. Good job.

There is nothing unfair or unethical about nothing in both these situations.

I gave in both situations several options to a solution.

The only thing i see from this posts is that there are some people that get a thrill out of popping what they want. It must be some kind of gambling thing.

People here are calling the amount of times the created a Kubrow to show how bad it is.

When i hear that i just see plat.

Seriously, 63 kubs selling both print at 10p each, which is extremely cheap, would've given him 630 plat.

With that he could've bought 2 rare color Chesas.

Some one just mentioned stopping at 20. At 10 each that's 200plat. That's one rare color Chesa.

Actually, you should sell them for 20 at least so you can purchase an egg.

The solution to your dilemma is there if you really want the dog.

I REEEALLY hope that he got prints out of each Kub cause if he didn't he threw away a lot of plat.

Now, if you are some gambler ... sorry but i have no answer to that. But im pretty sure the odds here to get what you want arent the worst in the world when it comes to getting something.

There is nothing unfair or unethical about nothing in both these situations.

I gave in both situations several options to a solution.

The only thing i see from this posts is that there are some people that get a thrill out of popping what they want. It must be some kind of gambling thing.

People here are calling the amount of times the created a Kubrow to show how bad it is.

When i hear that i just see plat.

Seriously, 63 kubs selling both print at 10p each, which is extremely cheap, would've given him 630 plat.

With that he could've bought 2 rare color Chesas.

Some one just mentioned stopping at 20. At 10 each that's 200plat. That's one rare color Chesa.

Actually, you should sell them for 20 at least so you can purchase an egg.

The solution to your dilemma is there if you really want the dog.

I REEEALLY hope that he got prints out of each Kub cause if he didn't he threw away a lot of plat.

Now, if you are some gambler ... sorry but i have no answer to that. But im pretty sure the odds here to get what you want arent the worst in the world when it comes to getting something.

Creating game systems that prey on gambling addicts is not considered unethical. Okay.

Edited by Judgebanks

I concede with the point that DE needs to seriously improve this part of RNG for obtaining the type of kubrows or provide alternate method of obtaining it. Hoping someday, they fix it this part as well in the upcoming update. 

The only ways I see that they can fix it is either setup a system that looks into each players kubrow drop rates and consigns list and alters their next choice to lesser spawning type or just change the drop rates to 100/ K = drop rate of Kubrows  (where K is the number of Kubrow types to choose from.) As of right now, most folks wished the drop rate was 20% per kubrow, but sadly DE decided to run the numbers the way they felt.

Creating game systems that prey on gambling addicts is not considered unethical. Okay.

Kay but this isnt one.

Low drop rate stuff is all over the game in all online games.

On top of that, you are actually getting money from each try. If you bother to make and sell the prints.

Sharing is Caring :

i can say i was one of the first batch of people selling gold lotus chesa in first week of U17 in trade forum..

i had nothing but chesa on first week all lotus and all bulky for the rest of the 1st month..

selling each for 800 -1.2k plat after a month i stopped breeding so i got like 15 empty chamber now aside my 5 priced lotus kubs for myself

beside after one month the price for bulky lotus chesa dropped..

i understand if u guys wanna do it the hard way and avoid spending plat on lotus to breed them

but while u guys experimenting and wasting time to RNG

breeder will always get the most out of it..its very simple to breed..u can replicate 1 lotus into 2 if ur lucky

so heres how i do it incase any of u wanna breed in future,,i dont mix lotus with any stripe breed..something to do with dominance

i usually do it with patchy , merle , hound everything else is irrelevant to me..not even domino makes my list

this is if im mixing a lotus with non lotus and they are different breed

left template

usually i put 

the pattern

the size

right template

usually i put

the colors

breed

again this is how i breed mine...and i find more success and failures at the same time...so dont blame me if ur unlucky hehe

also i just realised that i have used 750 000+ credits ON CONSIGNING ALONE

This right here is why I'm not even going to bother trying. Not only do you have to grind your face off for the chance to roll dice uphill, but you have to actively pay for each failed attempt?

And when you combine that with kubrows being complete S#&amp;&#036;e in general, with this one being particularly poopy, I have no motivation to even try. I've no idea how much effort the art, sound and AI people put into this particular item, but the "efforts" of the RNG master mean that I'm not even going to pretend to look at your work. Same goes for the Knux, the research costs for which are so expensive, and the stats so mediocre, that nobody in my clan cares about putting anything in for it.

This right here is why I'm not even going to bother trying. Not only do you have to grind your face off for the chance to roll dice uphill, but you have to actively pay for each failed attempt?

And when you combine that with kubrows being complete S#&$e in general, with this one being particularly poopy, I have no motivation to even try. I've no idea how much effort the art, sound and AI people put into this particular item, but the "efforts" of the RNG master mean that I'm not even going to pretend to look at your work. Same goes for the Knux, the research costs for which are so expensive, and the stats so mediocre, that nobody in my clan cares about putting anything in for it.

If you sell the prints made from the kubrows you can use that plat to buy credits from the market. They sell credits, right?

Or get a credit boosters.

You are actually losing nothing from continued breeding of Kubrows.

The only argument here is for people that want the thrill of hatching the dog.

Nothing else around it has a serious detriment.

If you sell the prints made from the kubrows you can use that plat to buy credits from the market. They sell credits, right?

Or get a credit boosters.

You are actually losing nothing from continued breeding of Kubrows.

The only argument here is for people that want the thrill of hatching the dog.

Nothing else around it has a serious detriment.

I find it hard to believe you can get much plat for generic kubrows.

"WTS normal Kubrow with nothing special"