Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot Change Good? Or Bad?

-Aza-Gorod-

as the title says i say bad because a good number of weapons need it to get abit better ammo to damage.Also @DERebecca @30:50 on the recent stream i could name a few guns but let me put the main one that is a monster with ammo.

the twin grakata (dual machine gun pistols) 2 rounds per shot and 20 rounds per sec = 40 total rounds per second.

But wait theres more, with the multishot nerfs lets say you have maxed lethal torrent and barrel diffustion and get about 1.8 multishot. soooo 2 x 20 = 40 x 1.8 = 72 rounds per second. :( serious? you literally pull the trigger and your whole clip flys out. Other machine and chain gun like weapons aswell as beam weapons will feel a major hit from this and ammo econ will drop very hard if not make some weapons impossible to maintain.I have played warframe for about 2 years now and multishot feels fine to me it makes weapons have slightly better economy and abit better damage.If people think it is too powerful then why not simply take the mod out it is not that hard.

oh also since scattering justice is 200% multishot lets do some more quick math. 4 rounds per clip, 1 round per shot x 320% multi shot (with maxed scattering justice and hells chamber.) = 3.2 rounds per shot after nerf. Again whole clip goes bye bye. This nerf is not worth it.

in short i fairly believe multishot nerf will be one of the worst ideas and will change ammo econ in a bad way.

(note: the math is done in abit of a simple term but still should be in the rough ball park of what would be if this nerf goes through.)

but what are your thoughts?

multishot poll ( http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=55ea1510e4b0c3d16faaaf73 ) if link causes trouble then it will be taken down asap. But lets see what people really think and maybe show DE our voice since they seem to hear us.

Edited by Noctiferous

It seems it's time to either be conscious about your ammo consumption or just not put on the mod. The idea of fixing multishot and making it how it was supposed to be/how it should be tho? Amazing.

Edited by Xiusa

Good. Why ? because like serration and hornet strike, multishot was on 90% of weapons, without any downside.

Mods that are a straight damage upgrade like that are so bad for a "moding" game.

Puting a mod on your weapon should have consequences else than "more damage".

For exemple elemental mods increase your damage but offer you to plan against what enemies you're playing, it's not good in 100% of the case.

It'd be a good change if DE seriously went back and altered the backup ammunition and ammo consumption of MANY of the games current guns.

We already have loads of guns that are very difficult to sustain (amprex, quanta) and some that are outright nearly impossible to use (almost every single automatic secondary gun in the game) because they run out of juice far too fast even with ammo mutation mods.

If DE fix those issues before this multishot nerf, then yes. This would be an ok change.

But we all know they will forget to do that.

Kiss your Kohms, Amprexes, Grakatas, Heks, Atomos, and Boltos goodbye kids.

They are going right into the same trashcan that Hydroid has made his home.

Good in general (reduces the issue of mandatory mods) but....

Weapons are already weaker than ability spam. Putting an additional penalty on them makes ability spam an even better choice

(one can hope ability spam - and more importantly, the NEED for ability spam - nerfs are coming)

and now the bigger issue:

Some weapons already struggle with ammo.

For this change to really shine ammo drops need to be normalized, and give A PERCENTAGE VALUE (1-5%) of TOTAL AMMO CAPACITY instead of a numerical value.

10 shots on an opticor is plenty. 10 shots on a grakata is a joke.

Edited by Shifted

Instead of:

1. making Multishot mods useless for like 80% of the weapons

2. making almost every weapons extremely ammo inefficient

They would've been much better of with simply taking a look at enemy scaling. If this overarching issue would finally be addressed at some point they'd be able to remove mandatory mods like Serration and free up a couple of slots for the player base but nnnnnope they're going down the ridiculous route.

If this nerf is to simply balance out the warframe abilities vs guns then it's obviously not going to work.

Most people like modding for damage, damage & more damage. Simply put, some will probably still use multishot regardless of the ammo drain but will just have to stack on ammo restores 100 times more. And that = more grinding.

Edited by Oranji

Not really. Not when I don't give a rat's arse about min/maxing. I can mod more freely.

Your opinions on min/maxing are irrelevant. The weapons without multishot will be severely weakened, considering how enemies scale in this game. Multishot needed a change, but this is not the best way to fix it.  

They said with the multishot change they are also gonna do some weapons rebalance, didn't they?

So you can't just say this weapon and that weapon and some other weapons are gonna be crap and such things.

Everyone just heard about multishot nerf becouse it's a good hate material and the weapon rebalance just slipped trough everyone's ears.

Yes, the multishot nerf on the weapons in the current state is a bad change, but they are not doing this. But will it be a good change when they do it along with the other changes? It might or might not be. Only blind guesses can be given.