Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot Change Good? Or Bad?

-Aza-Gorod-

Freaking good. I now have 7 mod slots on my weapons. 

how is it good when most weapons will run out of ammo so quickly ammo is nearly impossible unless you spam restores? also late game so unless people want to tickle the mobs to death you need more damage.

Edited by Noctiferous

They said with the multishot change they are also gonna do some weapons rebalance, didn't they?

Let me stop you right there

Count how many frames and weapons are obsolete even now without multishot fiasco..

That needs rebalancing...

DE rebalancing all weapons after multishot nerf...

Not happening

Moment of truth

Edited by Acidulant

Count how many frames and weapons are obsolete even now without multishot fiasco

Moment of truth

alot i dont even use 90% of them but now i may not even try to be honest :S

They said with the multishot change they are also gonna do some weapons rebalance, didn't they?

So you can't just say this weapon and that weapon and some other weapons are gonna be crap and such things.

Everyone just heard about multishot nerf becouse it's a good hate material and the weapon rebalance just slipped trough everyone's ears.

Yes, the multishot nerf on the weapons in the current state is a bad change, but they are not doing this. But will it be a good change when they do it along with the other changes? It might or might not be. Only blind guesses can be given.

maybe so but i know some fast firing weapons or low clip weapons will feel this.

Edited by Noctiferous

how is it good when most weapons will run out of ammo so quickly ammo is nearly impossible unless you spam restores? also late game so unless people want to tickle the mobs to death you need more damage.

I dunno man. I have ammo mutation mods on all my ammo hungry weapons. I don't have problems. Also helps that I do this thing called aiming for the head a lot. :/

I dunno man. I have ammo mutation mods on all my ammo hungry weapons. I don't have problems. Also helps that I do this thing called aiming for the head a lot. :/

funny that i do to but you know what the problem is some weapons dont like to hit the head or the target likes to run all over (infested) or the head is just at a weird spot (infested charger) not all of us are marksmen and if you dont have ammo problems then yay for you. But what weapons do you use for like 40 - 60 min T4 orokin? or lvl 70 enemies? prolly a bow or other weapon that has decent econ already and may not feel the hit of this.But people are different to each other.Besides you have to admit 3.2 rouns or possibly a full clip on a hek is bloody insane.

Yes, now imagine your ammo consumption increases by 90%, 120%, 180%, or 320(!!!)%.

Now imagine you want to use a really cool gun like, say, twin grakatas.

This change effectively meganerfs all automatic weapons.

Multishot is still a required mod, this seems like just a very bull-headed decision to justify the terrible choice of the Veykor Hek. I agree with Noctiferous, this seems like a terrible idea for ammo effeciency in the game. If the enemies had a plateau of growth that had a clear beginning and end that was in line with the players, such a rediculous idea for multishot mods might make sense as it would become a choice similar to a multibarrel shotgun and a single barrel in Borderlands 2. Note that those particular guns were rarely used because they would burn all of a player's ammo in seconds for only temporary bursts of damage. This however is not Borderlands 2, our guns are not swapped out like garbage when we find a new gun, the mods are honestly our only room for weapon improvement. In this case, it seems the dev decision is that players need to get by with less ammo and massive waste.

Well if you can headshot 100% of the time I guess you're golden then. You don't have problems now because there is no current multishot change...

Count how many frames and weapons are obsolete even now without multishot fiasco..

That needs rebalancing...

DE rebalancing all weapons after multishot nerf...

Not happening

Moment of truth

You're making an assumption you can't prove.

Yes, now imagine your ammo consumption increases by 90%, 120%, 180%, or 320(!!!)%.

To be fair, it also completely destroys already mediocre weapons like the latron series that has a small clip and only ok damage. Or the sybaris which already used 2 ammo per shot. Dual pistols are going to be the wave of the future simply because of magazine size.

Basically what DE's fix does:

Screw over every single weapon that is a bullet hose

Which are supposed to be most benefitted from multishot mod

If you want to mention rebalancing read my previous post

You're making an assumption you can't prove.

I cant prove but I can make a fairly accurate guess Edited by Acidulant

The people claiming that they now have "7 mod slots" in their weapon are lying. Now they have 5, because they need an ammo mutator. Nerfing multishot isn't going to change that you still need to shave that time off of your TTK and now you can't do it without running out of ammunition.

This is a shortsighted change that is probably because of knee-jerk fear of how powerful a Hek with Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber is, which could have been implemented just fine by using the same system that Mobility mods do, and making Scattered Justice block the use of Hell's Chamber and vice versa.

For bonus points, it doesn't actually solve the problem it claims to fix, which is the fact that there are so many required mods to have a decent TTK in T3 voids, high-level planets, and the raids.

Indecisive

When I first started playing I thought that's how it worked so if it happens I'm fine with it. I don't see how this is gonna fix the problem with mandatory mods on weapons. If they take serration out and let a weapon increase with its rank before they do that to multi shot for primaries I'd be fine cause I'd have an open slot for ammo.

But secondaries have 2 multi shot mods and already have low ammo...that's gonna hurt.

To be fair, it also completely destroys already mediocre weapons like the latron series that has a small clip and only ok damage. Or the sybaris which already used 2 ammo per shot. Dual pistols are going to be the wave of the future simply because of magazine size.

Basically what DE's fix does:

Screw over every single weapon that is a bullet hose

Which are supposed to be most benefitted from multishot mod

If you want to mention rebalancing read my previous post

You guys know that they're doing rebalancing, right? Meaning that they may increase weapon clip size.

I like the change being proposed. I can't say whether or not it's a good change until it's implemented and when all the details about how things will be rebalanced are known. Yet I see way too many people screaming their heads off as if they KNOW FOR SURE that it will be a bad thing. They act as if though they know all the details and they act as if though their opinions and assumptions are fact. 

Not really. Not when I don't give a rat's arse about min/maxing. I can mod more freely.

Yes, feel free to mod out 50% of the damage from of all your weapons.  No one is stopping you even now.     Using Multishot has nothing to do with your feared min/maxing, it is required to use just about every weapon. 

The issue was not "oh I'm forced to use Multishot please nerf the everloving crap out of it so I can be happy"   It was please change the whole way base damage is increased on weapons.   Like for example, scale the base damage with weapon level and have no serration/multishot at all.

I think people wanted a big change and DE balked.  They went with breaking mods further instead of fixing how they work.

If they aren't willing to make a better system for base damage, what makes anyone think they are will be willing to rework all the weapons destroyed by massive ammo consumption from this change?

It's a flat out bad idea unless they've already completed the work, or at least have a clear path to fairly compensating for this devastating change.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

Also low clip/magazine weapons can potentially benefit from the change anyways.

depends on how big of a change other wise i doubt it.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "what's the difference."

i hope that was sarcasm

Edited by Noctiferous