Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot Change Good? Or Bad?

-Aza-Gorod-

Not sure I understand what you mean by "what's the difference."

You just hose down more bullets and pick up more bullets

Not to mention this change makes multishot mods to firerate 2.0

And if you dont increase ammo pickups, like I said bullet hose weapons that are supposed to benefit most suffers most

And if they dont, just pop more ammo pizzas

Nothing changes, you just have to put more pizza down and reload 2-4x times often

This change is necessary.  When DE said "year of quality" they didn't necessarily promise those quality changes would be loved by the community.  To be fair, quality means doing things players might not appreciate.

Though their proposed "fix" for multi-shot essentially turns it into an alternate form of a rate of fire mod.  It would be more defining if the mod always added an extra round, but each rank reduced the chance of that round being consumed.  Like a rank 0 split-chamber might have 6% chance to NOT consume an extra round, so a rank 5 would then have a 36% chance NOT to consume an extra round.

Low numbers because you KNOW a primed split chamber wouldn't be asking for too much then.

And as always, if you're concern is any scaling getting out of whack and eventually beating you through sheer attrition, just remember - THAT'S THE POINT.

Edited by Littleman88

And as always, if you're concern is any scaling getting out of whack and eventually beating you through sheer attrition, just remember - THAT'S THE POINT.

Issue is that the player base has been asking for less bad RNG and every single decision they've made has increased the bad RNG for the most part. You could work around the bad RNG by doing extremely long void sessions and squeeze the most out of each key where applicable, lower overall weapon DPS just means more grinding (until starchart 3.0, if that even fixes anything) so a lot of people aren't having it because they're seeing that DE is just trying to put breaks on how fast players can acquire new gear over and over by "fixing" things that are needed to deal with the broken aspects of the game that they won't fix/made worse with updates.

I'm all for this, but it'll definitely bring a bunch of ammo-related issues.

- What about weapons that chew through ammo too fast already? Ammo mutation will never keep up with multishot. Hell, on some weapons like the Wraith Vipers and Glaxion, ammo mutation doesn't even keep up right now.

- What about efficient weapons like Bows that can slap on multishot and mutation and go about doing high damage indefinitely as usual?

- What about the minmaxers who are loaded with credits who can just spam ammo pancakes so they can have multishot without a downside?

Hoping these issues will be addressed in some way. These are already problematic to an extent; I hope that the multishot change can make these problems even worse. Not 'cause I want to see the game burn or anything, but so they get brought to the surface and see a swift fix.

Its bad and honestly not even needed change. Its also wont fix what its supposed to fix, it just drops whole punch of weapons in to thrash can. Brilliant. It also makes lethal torrent one of worst mods. GG DE.

And by this way ALL fire rate bonus mods becomes unwanted unless you are using charge mechanic weapon. More diversity? lol instead much less.... and will you next nerf ammo mutations because everyone will use them?

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

So basically... I might as well start looking for another game at this point. Because given what I have to go off of... the only weapons of mine that won't be absolutely SHREKT by this change are my Lex and Latron Primes, everything else just got put into the needs to be reforma'd or trash chuted.

And oh man, if you think the Sicarus Prime is bad now? Just imagine how bad it will be with THIS change.

Its bad and honestly not even needed change. Its also wont fix what its supposed to fix, it just drops whole punch of weapons in to thrash can. Brilliant. It also makes lethal torrent one of worst mods. GG DE.

And by this way ALL fire rate bonus mods becomes unwanted unless you are using charge mechanic weapon. More diversity? lol instead much less.... and will you next nerf ammo mutations because everyone will use them?

^ Please, this makes so much sense, DE!!!! Why??? Why did you not simply and directly nerf the multipliers???? SO WHAT THIS REALLY IS IS A STEALTH/FORCED RELEVANCY BUFF FOR AMMO MODS. Just admit it.

Oh, and Ill just be toggling between Primary, 2ndary, and melee more now because I refuse to have ammo mods forced on me...

dear god no. there are FAR better ways to handle this. rather than reducing damage, why not affect a gun in a different department, like Recoil for example? reducing damage outright is just going to annoy everybody, and will just force people to use Ammo Mutation on many weapons.

Until ammo mutation nerf arrives for same reasons why this thing is coming.... and also bye-bye fire rate mods.

So, a change, a blow, a nerf - whatever you inevitably wish to call it - to the meta that evolved to deal with a poorly implimented scaling system.

Given the recent proposed and added changes - regardless of the feedback prior to implimenting them - I can't say I'm surprised or impressed.

Forgive the lack of confidence, but i've seen this is a bandaid and a paint job dance before - you need to tackle the system beneath it, not make it an ever more apparent frankenstein held together by poor patch jobs.

We need an elegant solution here and this isn't it.

Making multishot consume more ammo makes high ammo consuming weapons like the Amprex, Synoid Gammacor and Wraith Twin Vipers no longer a viable option for long missions.

Seriously who even complained about Raw damage and multishot mods anyway? No matter what you do there will always be an "essential" mod for your builds, besides no-one is forcing you to use them...

I seriously hope DE reconsider this change

I guess the real problem with DE is that they pander way to much to the fans, and because of that, the instant DE tries to change to core features of the game in order to explore options, people instantly get on the hate bandwagon.

It is not that they pander too much with their fans, but that they pander too much with the wrong fans, I'm talking about people who complain about absolutely everything and barely have any time played in Warframe

Well, now I really have to take a good powerful weapon to long t4 missions now. Looks like I can shake off all the dust off my boltor prime now.

Also, darn. This might mean more forma'ing of weapons so I have something to put in that v polarity slot.

Edited by uncreativeray