Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot Change Good? Or Bad?

-Aza-Gorod-

So basically... I might as well start looking for another game at this point. Because given what I have to go off of... the only weapons of mine that won't be absolutely SHREKT by this change are my Lex and Latron Primes, everything else just got put into the needs to be reforma'd or trash chuted.

And oh man, if you think the Sicarus Prime is bad now? Just imagine how bad it will be with THIS change.

While this is a step in direction of DE trying to get the insane damage players do under-control, I do agree with being upset over having to reforma every single weapon I own, due to being shrekted by polarities, especially pistols.

Terrible, actually. Our weapon damage is essentially halved on rifles, cut to a third of what it would be on secondaries (not to mention slower fire rate because no more lethal torrent), and I don't even wanna think about how badly shotguns will get fked. And with how ridiculously enemies scale in this game, we need all the damage we can get. And there's not enough damage mods in the game to replace it.

Corrosive Projection will essentially become the only viable aura, and Viral damage will become the only viable elemental combo. We're pretty much already at that point, but this will just seal the deal. Ammo restores will become the most used consumable next to energy restores cus everything that's above level 20 is gonna feel like a damn bullet sponge.

I like the change a lot. Its not for every gun obviously. Its balanced and how it should be. Next they need to look at serration.

Also it'll make Telos Boltor and Vaykor Hek that much more better then Hek and Boltor Prime with their clip sizes increased

ESPECIALLY with how the Scattering Justice mod will essentially be complete and utter garbage after this change to Multishot.

I think crit weapons in general will become the new meta now.

Edited by Diarist

I really, really think they are going to mess this one up badly. Many guns will have their damage completely plummet (Amprex for example) because of this change. They will probably give these weapons something silly like +400 ammo reserve which in no way can compensate for the amount of ammunition they will be guzzling. There is going to be a huge list of guns that are going to go straight into the "no longer viable pile" with pistols being worse since the weapons are dependent of 2 multi shot mods as base builders.

While this is a step in direction of DE trying to get the insane damage players do under-control, I do agree with being upset over having to reforma every single weapon I own, due to being shrekted by polarities, especially pistols.

Getting the "insane" damage of players under control is going to be counterproductive until such a time as enemy scaling is changed so that you don't need 4xCP, multishot, serration, and elements/crits to kill enemies reasonably quickly in endgame content.

Until that happens, nerfing player damage just makes things more unpleasant for players.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Everything you say and do means nothing in the year qraulDE, thought his change is mostly because they dont want you to feel like this game is a giant grind wall. Cant be having non austist farming things in the void so they nerf guns, and with a looming void getting BTFO this like a lot of decisions DE is just a ploy insuring that you buy platinum and the next goyim prime access.

On the flipside though, a potential positive could be that enemy scaling/enemies get reworked to become more than bullet sponges and there would be more diversity in building weapons (or at least on more mod spot for utility mods). 

The only negative I see in this is that raids and survial/endless defense modes are limited to only level 40 enemies.

On the flipside though, a potential positive could be that enemy scaling/enemies get reworked to become more than bullet sponges and there would be more diversity in building weapons (or at least on more mod spot for utility mods). 

The only negative I see in this is that raids and survial/endless defense modes are limited to only level 40 enemies.

They already have your money why would they make anything easier on you.

I think it's a good change. I feel that there should not be any mods that are mandatory, and anything that powerful should have some sort of a downside. Now they just need to do something with the base damage increase mods. I think making it so they add to your damage based off a % of your base, but not actually increase your base. That would also make it so other % based mods don't rely on it. to be effective.

Mutation is now mandatory is what I'm reading.

Unless they changed the ammo system enough in which case the nerf would be pointless.

Technically no this will just nerf overall damage and force weapons to use 1-2 more slots for ammo IF they use the mod. This mod will still be godlike on low ROF weapons but be bad on High ROF weapons without ammo mods. This will change how weapons work extensively. 

Rate of Fire will no longer be GO TO because of this mod being nerfed, snipers will be inharently buffed by this. Shotguns now won't have as much Crowd control, and explosive weapons will recieve a overall buff but have to reload more.

Edited by Feallike

So basically... I might as well start looking for another game at this point. Because given what I have to go off of... the only weapons of mine that won't be absolutely SHREKT by this change are my Lex and Latron Primes, everything else just got put into the needs to be reforma'd or trash chuted.

And oh man, if you think the Sicarus Prime is bad now? Just imagine how bad it will be with THIS change.

If this change goes through I will probably jump off the Warframe boat and never return to it again. Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 3 cruise liners are much more comfortable and actually listen to their passengers.

Its gonna be totally cool guise! Nerfing the living daylights out of mods that should be incorporated into the leveling system is totally the way to go! I can't wait to make my delicious ammo drum build a reality!

It's going to be an absolute nightmare. Devs obviously have no idea how useless non damage mods (other than the rare occasion when a weapon needs an ammo mutation) are.

It's basically just going to force us to compensate with ammo mutations for the nerf and that's it. +damage +multishot +elemental damage mods are ALWAYS going to top junk such as +reload speed or +max ammo unless we either:

1. End up with all the +damage +elemental (yadda yadda the actual useful stuff) nerfed to the point that they add 10% damage each maxed(or some other comparatively large nerf).

2. The devs try listening to the playerbase for once when it comes to game balance and they INCORPORATE damage mods somehow into the weapon in order to make room for non damage upgrades and as such make it actually possible for once to have different build options (other than faction related elemental damage mods ofc)

Its like they are trying to force us to love the less mentally capable child (non damage mods) by beating the living daylights out of the overachieving child.

Also almost forgot. For all those that are part of the M-MUH CHALLENGE choir: I'll care about the challenge when its actually rewarded appropriately.

Edited by Cabadath5

Technically no this will just nerf overall damage and force weapons to use 1-2 more slots for ammo IF they use the mod. This mod will still be godlike on low ROF weapons but be bad on High ROF weapons without ammo mods. This will change how weapons work extensively.

Rate of Fire will no longer be GO TO because of this mod being nerfed, snipers will be inharently buffed by this. Shotguns now won't have as much Crowd control, and explosive weapons will recieve a overall buff but have to reload more.

depends in how they handle it.

If it's just out of the clip but still gets the bullet without ammo in the clip or out of reserve, low clip weapons like the Vectis are buffed with reload being rate of fire.

If it doesn't than it will be a dead mods on Vectis shot weapons.

Some weapons with good economy won't be affected.

Shotguns will fire be built with reload in mind and probably still use mutation.

It will only be really bad on autos, bad and below average ammo efficiency weapons though mutation will be more common.

No matter what I see a buff to Chamber Vectis prime builds.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Maybe this is DE's way of giving us the vaunted sniper "buffs".

Make everything else less viable.

I personally believe that granting a percentage based increase to ammo consumption with multishot is a bad idea, and I would like to elaborate on why.

First, it's best to think "what is the point of multishot?" The answer to such a question is simple: to increase damage per shot by occasionally adding additional projectiles. If ammo consumption was increased with multishot, wouldnt that fundamentally change the point of the mod from an increase to potential damage to a very strange increase in fire rate? 

The next question is "From a logical standpoint, what could multishot be explained as?" This question is a bit more tricky, as it is left up to the viewpoint of the interpreter, rather than a fact. However, we do have the names of the mods to work with. The names of the multishot mods are Split Chamber, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, and Hell's Chamber. Now, through their names, half of these mods share a single idea, which is that something is causing the barrel itself to occasionally split the projectile into smaller parts. If this is the case, then why would it consume additional ammo, since the barrel itself is what's causing the additional projectile? What I presume is going on is that this mod adds something to the inside of the barrel that is intended to split the bullets up in order to decrease the surface area of the projectile and allow them to trade a bit of force for more points of impact. 

Now, how would this translate into changing the multishot mods to something more optional than necessary? If you're following my train of logic, the best way to make multishots mods both more logical and more balanced is to change the shot itself so that each part of a bullet affected by multishot will deal only 50% of its total damage, rather than the full 100%, with its physical damage type changed to puncture in order to add anti-armor bonuses. As an added bonus, doing so will logically open the doors to more mods to change the damage types of weapons in a balanced fashion, allowing players to change their loadout to be more effective against certain enemies without reducing the importance of the original damage type. 

Aha. Shotguns wont have as much crowd control? If they make it so each shot, consumes additional ammo on multishot. 320% multishot on Hek, if my understanding is correct, means it shoots 4 shots, 20% of the time. Meaning 1 click = having to reload. for 3 seconds. Multishot on shotguns, any shotgun, including the Sobek, will be entierly useless, because of their low ammo pools.