Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing And Freezing

TakkuNL

Whats up with the random crashes and random game freezing...

Its happening to me and a friend after update 8..

It crashed on me twice today while it normally didnt , once in a Defence mission ( not that bad )

And once in the void .... ( Pissed me off, and my mate cause he had to go on allone )

So just wondering whats going on...

Yep, the same issue here. It just randomly freeze during mission. Only possibility is kill the process /which is not responding/ in task manager.

Never got this issue before U8, I am here since CB. I already submitted ticket to support with EE.log file attached.

I hope this get solved.

Yep, the same issue here. It just randomly freeze during mission. Only possibility is kill the process /which is not responding/ in task manager.

Never got this issue before U8, I am here since CB. I already submitted ticket to support with EE.log file attached.

I hope this get solved.

Hi Sedlo, you may want to update your Nvidia drivers to see if that fixes the issue. You appear to be currently using the 314.07 drivers -- the latest as of today (May 31st) are the 320.18 drivers.

Thanks, I will do..

Edit: I updated my driver, but crashes since again, updated my Support ticket with new EE.log too.

I'll try to disable Physx.

On side note, any tips why my DX11 option is greyed out ? / gtx 560ti as main card, gtx285 Physx dedicated/

Apparently Win Vista needs manual update to enable DX11, all good now.

Edit2: Disabling Physx seems to solve crash issue.

Edited by Sedlo

I have the same issue here. Randomly freezes during missions too. Since U8. I allways get directed to the Hardware Failure Page, that is why i can´t provide you with a ticket. i will try to disable PhysX and DX11, too, though i like them so much. Please try to fix it :)

same issue to me and other players, twice in a row, specifically on 

Boss: The Hyena

Planet: Neptune

Level: Psamathe

During the battle both crashes happened after he slams the ground...

This is not the only crash i have had, but this is a specific place, where it duplicated, for me and other players in the same match.

Hope this helps pinpoint the issue. when i went to task manager i had an error on the desktop that just said "the evolution engine has stopped working"

Edited by hrroach

same issue to me and other players, twice in a row, specifically on 
Boss: The Hyena
Planet: Neptune
Level: Psamathe

During the battle both crashes happened after he slams the ground...
This is not the only crash i have had, but this is a specific place, where it duplicated, for me and other players in the same match.
Hope this helps pinpoint the issue. when i went to task manager i had an error on the desktop that just said "the evolution engine has stopped working"

X2 for me

Hi Sedlo, you may want to update your Nvidia drivers to see if that fixes the issue. You appear to be currently using the 314.07 drivers -- the latest as of today (May 31st) are the 320.18 drivers.

I've updated my drivers to the 320.18 and I still get the same problem where I will crash, usually on the map for Io or Xini between waves 10 and 15 where I just drop out and it says my drivers crashed. I haven't had this problem since before update 8. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 TI with updated software and still get this problem.

Also, the last couple of days I have been getting a glitch where I start the game using the desktop mouse cursor rather than the in game one, forcing me to click on the screen to get it to work in game properly, then later when I try to alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del I cannot minimize the game and have to shut it down.

My drivers are up to date as well yet I'm also having these 1-2 second long random freezes ever since Update#8, sometimes during gameplay and sometimes right after the mission is over just like how chat window delays a bit, quite irritating.

Had a crash just now with this error: "Evolution Engine has stopped working". We were fighting Hyena and there were lots of flashy effects + Torid spam, game couldn't handle physx I guess..?

Please fix this crashes allready. this starts to ruin the game. Nothing Oc. newest drivers. it allways says my drivers crashed. I want to play this game just one day without crash. DE please!

Edited by Aniron

Update: Today again.

Circumstances: In Pluto boss mission. First i fall through the floor (also, please fix that) and had to use a revive. After that i was allowed to run through the entire level again, cause i was set to the start (?), died one time during the bossfight and used a second revive. And for what? At the end of the Level, again, my driver crashed and i got nothing but spending two revives.

same problem. best spots to freeze are: login screen, void, other missions (i think infested make the game freeze more often than others).

it can actually unfreeze after a while (not on the login screen) and reconnect to the mission if it's not full.

i have had this problem from the start sometimes i could play for hours and then i would freeze and crash sometimes happens after 2min!

I solved the problem 1 bad memory stick ;). Exacly the same problem you guys describe

run mem86+ test on your ram and see if u got foulty memory. 

GL

Can anyone who has received "The Evolution Engine Has Crashed" messages please post the WAR id's for them in this thread?

(They should appear on the final page of the popup window)

Sorry, it only happened to me once, I'll keep that in mind for the next time it crashes like that. Could you elaborate though, what's WAR id? I didn't notice anything special like that on the crash popup :x

Sorry, it only happened to me once, I'll keep that in mind for the next time it crashes like that. Could you elaborate though, what's WAR id? I didn't notice anything special like that on the crash popup :x

No problem, after you see the popup you will be given the option to click "Next" and submit the crash. Just click through that window and at the final screen you'll see "WAR-"followed by several numbers. Those numbers allow me to see exactly what crash it is that you are experiencing.

Can anyone who has received "The Evolution Engine Has Crashed" messages please post the WAR id's for them in this thread?

(They should appear on the final page of the popup window)

Unfortunately the Window will not come, because it´s a driver crash (Otherwise i would have). But should the message appear i will immediately post it.

Unfortunately the Window will not come, because it´s a driver crash (Otherwise i would have). But should the message appear i will immediately post it.

That's how I remember it too, it was a Windows crash popup, not a warframe crash/bug reporter thingy popup.

Looking forward to a fix, love this game, but it's crashed every 3 games since I first tried it months ago. I've run every test imaginable, taken my PC to two local repair stores. I have far beyond any minimum requirement for this game, yet magically it's the only game in my library that won't work.

It happend 4 times to me only today, and i even don't know what cause of it's all about.

Usually on defence mission. 4 times on Xini the process freezing and can be closed only from task manager.

Edited by raynielbb