Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

As title. This is the whole problem imo. I don't pay platinums for alloy plate so why wasting them on forma for bulding? I'm okay with paying for keys/dlc even with bugged RNG, but farming was free. Now farming Forma is just a scam! And paying for it it's offensive for your supporters.

Agree or not? Please answer in a polite way and avoid any unecessary off-topics. I wanted to gave a feedback, and you (if you care to do the same) should be smart and give a feedback, not a rant/butthurt whine.

Edit: defined as a "potato" forma is perfectly legit. You want a stronger weapon? You use FORMA. But is moraly wrong using forma as a building material. As farming neural sensor and co is not hard enough!

Edit2: @Probta16 going to farm all the frames requires already a lot of times, as farming the keys do. I'm not saying to not found the game. I buyed my hunter pack to help them and to buy potatoes and slots, and maybe I'll buy forma, but not before this madness will stop.

Edit3: @vieuxchat Forma is legit for weapons, it should be removed as component requested for building dojos.

Edit4: About the drop rate I feel inbetween. From one side I think it's perfectly fine that someone was there at the right moment. Needless to state that the other 99% of the gamers feel really frustrated. In all honesty drop rate it's free, so I can eventually understand if theat isn't a priority for DE. But I insist that charging money for a component is ethicaly WRONG. I'm always joking about this, but: we'll see ourselves in a couple of month paying 5€ for 5 Rubedos. I understand making a profit out of a game. But squeezing us is going to make the game more casual and less intense.

Edit5: the issue for most of US is Forma in the dojo. But, please, I ask you to think of this decision in the near-future: next thing will be weapon's bp requesting some forma just to be crafted. Crafting is the alternative to paying platinum! That was an ACCEPTABLE PAYWALL. Putting another wall is, AGAIN, Wrong!

Edit6: creating multiple accounts to use the free platinum for forma IS NOT A LONG TERM SOLUTION! At first you'll have what you seek, but you will not have a permanent and peacefull change. We need TO COMPLAIN AND GIVE A FEEDBACK, not trying to scam the scammers. They'll, eventually, have the upper hand. They're those who developed this. We can try to find a solution or, instead, giving them a hard time so that they can continue on ruin WF gameplay. It's your choice to remember this as the time where we got what we wanted or we helped them to transform the game in a playground for paying noobs.

Edit7: in the end it seems that a reasonable solution will be removing forma as a dojo requirement and put in its place a rare drop like control module and orokin cells are.

Edit8: in the firsts minutes of Tuesday 5/28 this topic, due to the reason it regards the Dojo, has moved to this new section. Perhaps is a sign that our feedback has been seen. The solution borught up by user DSMK2 (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/52312-forma-needs-to-be-removed-as-a-construction-material/page-5#entry547785) seems to be a reasonable way to solve the issue. I invite you all to read it, it's worth it.

Edit9: After more than a week since this topic was opened it has gathered almost 200 replies and 3400 views. It's strange how this topic wich is one of the major on this section hasn't receives any answer by DE. Just keep on rolling guys ;) and of course play WF, because is still worth the time spent on it.

Edit10: After the E3 and almost a month and a half since U8 cam out this matter is still hot. More people are joining this topic giving us feedback about the Forma issue and costs in general. Even as a long time feature, most clans haven't even finished their first cross connector. I'll be waiting a two weeks before contacting DE again. Don't want to seem a spammer or a whiny kid. Just this is continuing to bother most of us. Although resources costs may be fine or not, with the currently prices for most of new weapons (just think of the Hate bp) I think at least removing Forma will solve half of the issue. That said I think it's better than nothing.

Edit11: Livestream #8 ended minutes ago, they didn't adressed the issue NOT EVEN ONCE. It's clear that they don't give a damn. However, continue on posting your feedback guys. I'm starting to think they're playing dumb on this.

Edit12: I noticed recently that this topic has growth in many direction, some of wich are similiar to my original point, other different. The four main point are:

1. The original request was to eradicate Forma as a construction material.

2. Scaling the costs of Forma based on the size of the clan

3. Replace Forma with an other resource wich should be more obtainable

4. Make Forma more obtainable by letting it drop in normal missions and not only as a reward in Void runs

Edited by Zantestsuken

I do agree that forma should be removed from dojo build materials. But the sale of forma is ok =), Adding a polarity slot onto a weapon is a big change to the weapon itself and can be viewed as making the weapon into a prime weapon(just about). But coming from a small clan such as the one I am in, Buying forma will prove to be very exspensive to achieve any sort of usable dojo.

tl;dr

I totally agree with forma being removed from dojo building mats.

yea, talked in earlier threads too haha. 25 forma for great hall. holy!, oracle room and some other room, 15 formas. HOLY. not everyone has the luck of getting formas or be able to buy them haha. hope they get removed or reduced by a significant amount, but most, removed.

Hard to agree.

Now, there are only a few rooms that are objective and i see no problem of they cost forma to build. The connectors have a kinda absurd cost of forma. They cost forma to build because a matter of control, a 'build with caution'. They could cost 1 forma for such function.

The farm is needed for the longevity of the game.

Hard to agree.

Now, there are only a few rooms that are objective and i see no problem of they cost forma to build. The connectors have a kinda absurd cost of forma. They cost forma to build because a matter of control, a 'build with caution'. They could cost 1 forma for such function.

Forma doesn't perform a 'build with caution' role. It bans you outright from being able to build literally anything. This may not be a problem for some clans but mine is not very large and has been less active recently for reasons I'm not entirely certain of. As a result, the only real way we're getting Forma as a group would be through the market. Which is expensive as balls, and uses actual money.

There are some people who do have forma. They don't WANT to use it as a building material because of it's polarization ability. They feel using it to build a room would be a waste. And as a result, nobody has attempted to complete anything at all.

Totally removing forma wouldn't be a good move, because it's a way to earn money for the devs.

The problem isn't Forma, it's the amount of it and it's price for the usefullness.

Cuting the prices by 5 (and uping the time by x5) would help people paying for some of them, then you could pay the price several times  (up to 5 times) to speed things.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51931-a-proposition-for-the-dojo-costs/

Devs need to get money, and they need to find the sweet spot where people would buy some of the forma needed.

Remember : 5 forma is 100 platinum, 15 forma is 300 platinum. For just one room. Psychologically it's way too high, unless you're in a big clan that can share the paying burden (but they wouldn't pay because more people = more chances to farm forma). It would depend on how many large/medium/small clans there is at the moment.

Yes, Forma's should only be used for weapons and warframes. Another thing. These should come in packs of 2 when purchased with platinum. 20 platinum is too much for a single Forma. (Or buy a single one for 10 platinum)

Totally removing forma wouldn't be a good move, because it's a way to earn money for the devs.

The problem isn't Forma, it's the amount of it and it's price for the usefullness.

Cuting the prices by 5 (and uping the time by x5) would help people paying for some of them, then you could pay the price several times  (up to 5 times) to speed things.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51931-a-proposition-for-the-dojo-costs/

Devs need to get money, and they need to find the sweet spot where people would buy some of the forma needed.

Remember : 5 forma is 100 platinum, 15 forma is 300 platinum. For just one room. Psychologically it's way too high, unless you're in a big clan that can share the paying burden (but they wouldn't pay because more people = more chances to farm forma). It would depend on how many large/medium/small clans there is at the moment.

Well maybe they should add a craftng material that has BP, and buyable instead of using Forma as cheaper price tag of platinums. Also I believe that Elevator shouldn't cost a Forma.

Hard to agree.

Agreed entirely. 1 forma for connectors should be plenty, 5 is a little obscene considering the drop-rate. plat prices for 'rushing' are also laughable.

Formas are the only reason which are keeping me away from doing farm runs for dojo materials. Just for the simple reason that i have the feeling these things are so rare to get that i will be never able to finish this part of dojo.

Good gameplay is needed for the longevity of the game.  Where are your priorities at, mang?  We need diversity in the gameplay and levels that push the Tenno's abilities to their awesome limits.  Not infinite farming loops.

I agree. my clans currently only 12 people, so even 5 forma for a damned HALLWAY is a monumental task. not a reactor, not a research lab, a hallway.

I suggest that all forma requirements be replaced with double the number of orokin cells (e.g 15 Forma becomes 30 Orokin Cells). there still rare, but actually attainable. we'd probably have 2 or 3 rooms by now if it weren't for the forma requirement

Forma is Fine in the game, but it should not be used for dojo construction. Forma is an incredibly rare orokin artifact, the idea that the tenno are grinding it up and using it to manufacture corridors is insane. It also makes constructing dojos unrealistic for clans that do not have hundreds of members. 

as far as i can tell all the forma end up being is just another limitor for smaller clan, even without paying if you where to go for forma drops a 300 person clan could honestly get 5 forma with not to much effort, while a 3 person clan has no choice but to pay

Probably echoing what someone has already stated but oh well. IMO only keep forma in Dojos for important rooms i.e. connectors/hallways/elevators should be forma free. Research/Dueling Halls/Grand Halls should still have some forma cost associated with them.

I completely agree. Not only is this the most limiting factor for smaller clans when trying to construct their Dojo, but making the players have to choose between upgrading their weapons and frames and the Dojo only serves to frustrate them and limits their sense of progression.

Formas as a rare (and purchasable) means to improve and further customize your gear is fine, but it should not be a requirement for Dojo construction for the same reason why Orokin Reactors and Catalysts are not used this way.

The description for the Forma in-game says that it's for polarizing weapons and warframes; it says nothing about dojo construction.

That said, I will never waste the little bit of Forma I manage to get on a hallway just so I can go into another room that needs more hallways built off of it.

The Forma is a an interesting concept, but it has no place in construction.

If it's deemed ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that Forma be used to construct dojos, then the number of new doors added to build off of should determine the Forma cost. If I'm building a cross hallway into the void, then the Forma cost is 3, If I build an elbow hallway then it's 1, building a reactor or oracle would cost 0 Forma, ect. And if I build a cross hallway that happens to connect to 4 rooms/halls already, then it too would cost 0 Forma.

EDIT: The only possible way that this could be alleviated, and only for the largest of clans at that, would be if upgrades like Forma and Reactors/Catalysts could eventually be researched and built at the dojo. Seeing as I don't belong to a large clan, nor do I wish to, I couldn't care less about this possibility.

Reactors and Catalysts aren't used for anything except supercharging weapons and frames, and the Forma's in-game description only mentions it's use as a polarity adjustment... unless I missed the part where it says that it's also the literal brick used to build Orokin structures.

Edited by FLSH_BNG