Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

After wandering throug topics on this section I've seen lots of people demanding for Grineer butlers, playgrounds and moronic requests. This scares me guys. Of course we're not taken seriously when gigantic idiots demands for new things without trying to asking for the old to be fixed. I'm starting to loose hope. A bit at the time.

Before I would say wait for the livestream, now I say wait for the updates.

Its obvious that if it took a few weeks to put U8 together, and all buggy and stuff, to fix this up it wont be that quick. Plus the fact that they are at E3.

Maybe when the fixes for the dojo arrive, they will have this issue fixed, lets just wait, for now, but still point out all issues :)

I agree with this topic wholeheartedly.

I think when you make most things in a Free to Play completely free if you're willing to put enough time and effort into the game it actually makes players want to pay more in order to support the game and get just that much more out of the game.  Slots and aesthetic options are perfect things to pay for!  And if you want, there's nothing wrong with paying for something you can get in-game anyway!  But paying to unlock more of the game makes it less of a game and more of a money pit.  I play because I want to experience all the game has to offer with the option of paying for additional features that do not affect gameplay.  I think whether you come from a clan with 200+ active members or a clan with 10 members you should have the same ability to enjoy the game as anyone else, whether you pay or not.

That being said, I have faith that DE will understand the concerns of the players and change in order to reflect what players want from the game.  Let's remember that the game is in Beta and the Dojos are only in Alpha, after all!  There's plenty of room for improvement and stuff like Formas getting removed from the building requirements (or simply making formas far more easily available), scaling resource requirements for different-sized clans, more rooms with more uses for the Dojo, and plenty of stuff I can't think of right now.  Someday every clan will have a Dojo fit for a warlord, but for now we have to wait it out and hope DE continues with the great work they've been doing on the game so far.

I don't really like the idea of getting better weapons or getting a stronger build by using real money. I for one could by stuff, but i choose not to as that gives a advantage compared to people that may or may not have the purse to. I like the idea with free games, and i understand that the devs needs to get funds from somewhere.

But take LOL as an example. You can play the game without using any real money, and people that are using money is not getting a stronger build/Summoner, cos you can't make you're character stronger with money. What you can do is buy new skins for champions and also speed up things. Sure you can farm forma in warframe, but what I've heard it can take ages to get it. So the difference is that in LOL you can speed up things with money, but if you're not you will still earn the influence points (same as credits) and experience that you expect every round. So basically you know what you'll get when playing.

What i think I'm trying to say is that there should be other ways to attract players to buy stuff.

Below is also my post in the "Dojo quick start guide".

"The costs are too high. I don't want to join/invite hundreds of players just for building a Dojo. A clan for me is a group of friends playing together (irl friends, online friends or people that you meet on the field that you consider to be friendly and whom you'd probably end up being friends with), not a horde of random people that never even speaks to each other. But the problem here is that you don't really have a choice because of the high resource costs. My suggestion is to at least take away the rares and reduce the costs of hallways, corners and such. But also reduce costs of great hall, dueling rooms etc..."

My 2 cents, thank you for reading.

Regards SisU303

Edited by SisU303

I'd have to agree that it should probably be removed as a construction material (or just keep it for special rooms that give awesome bonuses and what not). Keep it in the game as a polarization change for equipment but remove it from dojo construction or significantly reduce the amount for everything. Add another material for dojo construction maybe. Having one material with two fairly important purposes will make people gravitate towards saving it for the "better" one. Right now I think that would be polarization and maybe crafting new weapons. Add a completely different rare component as a construction material instead and I think people might be more accepting.

With that said though, I don't mind having long-term goals in place (which is what I think they may have been going for with the dojo building) but right now I feel the costs are too extreme. I also believe that small clans (10-20 people) shouldn't be able to completely finish building their dojos in a week or a month. I'd like it to remain as a more long term goal personally but the process has to feel worthwhile and rewarding.

Granted the mechanic has barely been added so there are bound to be plenty of changes and adjustments.

Edited by Alka_Setzer

Just to share all with you guys, today (not even 7 days in a row) I got a Forma from the login lottery. Maybe is bloody luck. We'll see. For now I'm kinda of optimistic, but only time will show if there was some change in the RNG or just coincidence

Forma's fine as is. Especially with how easy keys are to come by.  It drops from T2's so farm em with your clan/friends. 4 runs and more depending on how many keys you get.  Shoot I'm to the point where I'm just sitting on BP's so I can craft them.  24h build time and all.  The paywall argument doesn't even remotely exist anymore.

Forma's fine as is. Especially with how easy keys are to come by.  It drops from T2's so farm em with your clan/friends. 4 runs and more depending on how many keys you get.  Shoot I'm to the point where I'm just sitting on BP's so I can craft them.  24h build time and all.  The paywall argument doesn't even remotely exist anymore.

I haven't done any void missions yet so I wasn't aware they dropped, but I have yet to actually get a void key after a week or three of playing so...

Even if they make void keys more common I still think that basic rooms, like hallways, elevators, t1 reactors, etc should not require them. 

Thought I also think that a player run trading house will fix a LOT of the RNG problems, not entirely, but if you can buy Forma someone else has farmed (and for some reason doesn't need) that will make it easier for smaller/poorer clans to build rooms. My clan is pretty seriously bottlenecked by that issue, we have ten-ish active players and no where near enough forma to build anything really. Last I checked, as of two days ago, we had two cross-hallways, one reactor and... thee other rooms underconstruction mostly just waiting on Forma.

The part where construction material should be free and you should farm them in normal mission did just passed by when you scrolled the posts?

In my opinion, the cost in general should be reduced. The cost in credits, I'm fine with, it's not that hard to get ~100k if you're using a booster and farm a bit.

As for the formas, that's just an outright no. Under no circumstance is it acceptable to demand 5 formas per room, an item which can pretty much only be bought for Platinum unless you want to farm four hours and hours solely to get the blueprint to create those formas.

The amount of materials needed is also a bit much in my opinion, but this might just be because my clan is new and doesn't have a whole lot of active members yet.

I love the idea of dojos and how it's looking at the moment, as it stands now a new clan will have a tough time trying to get more members - because they don't have an advanced dojo, and they can't really advance it further because of lack of members.

No members = No dojo. No dojo = Almost no members.

i really do believe Forma is rediculous and I've actually considered making more accounts because of Forma. My clan is just me and my friends irl so Forma is a horribly stupid thing for us to get. I also understand its sort of a way to bring a Clan together but for a hall way? to cost Forma? it just makes us not want to build our clan hall at all. its supposed to be a item you find the BP for and say "hell yeah" not..."great..to the clan it goes". Forma seems more like a resource that would pull a clan apart from the inside out not a resource that'll keep them together. perhaps having Dojo Defense Missions (as i saw suggested in earlier threads) reward a completed Forma for surviving waves of enemies.

perhaps having Dojo Defense Missions (as i saw suggested in earlier threads) reward a completed Forma for surviving waves of enemies.

That's actually a really great idea, though, I still think they could replace Forma with something else that will only be rewarded from defending your Dojo or whatever. I'd love to see some Dojo-specific missions :)

That's actually a really great idea, though, I still think they could replace Forma with something else that will only be rewarded from defending your Dojo or whatever. I'd love to see some Dojo-specific missions :)

Good idea indeed. However missions types will be extended. Sorry for the OT

I'll gladly use a forma to build in a dojo.

That is, after I finish polarizing dozens of my weaponry and warframes.

Which won't be done for a S#&$zillion years.

Yeah, maybe we could just use something else.

What do you guys think about changing the use for Forma for dojo weapons like the Ogris?

I'll gladly use a forma to build in a dojo.

That is, after I finish polarizing dozens of my weaponry and warframes.

Which won't be done for a S#&$zillion years.

Yeah, maybe we could just use something else.

What do you guys think about changing the use for Forma for dojo weapons like the Ogris?

They need to review all the Dojo construction system, but before E3 DeSteve said they're gonna work on them.

In general I think the current system is fine, although a lot of resources are needed - this was clearly designed with bigger clans in mind. All they really need to get rid of IMO is the Formas and somehow compensate those who have already wasted so many formas to make their Dojo.

In general I think the current system is fine, although a lot of resources are needed - this was clearly designed with bigger clans in mind. All they really need to get rid of IMO is the Formas and somehow compensate those who have already wasted so many formas to make their Dojo.

Of course. We all hope for that.

No. It's clearly design to give the dojo a longer life because if it was easy for a small group of people to get the complaining about there being nothing to do in the game would resurface rather quickly.

And DE probably didnt even look at the size of the clan in detail since it's obviously very easy for bigger clans to gather the mats.

No. It's clearly design to give the dojo a longer life because if it was easy for a small group of people to get the complaining about there being nothing to do in the game would resurface rather quickly.

And DE probably didnt even look at the size of the clan in detail since it's obviously very easy for bigger clans to gather the mats.

With almost 200+ hours of gaming I've farmed 5 WF and about 13 weapons. Indeed in almost a month me and my brother didn't gather all the resources for the firs hallway!

So we have done almost nothing. The life of the game was pretty balanced when they removed weapon from the credits store.

Edited by Zantestsuken