Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

Anyone had some Forma lately? Keep on getting good bps but after the first forma there it seems to be none

I garnered 10 Forma inside the Void, mostly on t2 runs.

I still have 15 keys left, and i havent been farming for them lately...

And i got one on the login reward, so thats a total of 11, and my brother the same thing, 11. So we could in theory complete a Great Hall... after what, over a month since the dojo came out? Including the resources towards it also, we have gathered around the necessary for 1 Great Hall, and nothing else :)

I garnered 10 Forma inside the Void, mostly on t2 runs.

I still have 15 keys left, and i havent been farming for them lately...

And i got one on the login reward, so thats a total of 11, and my brother the same thing, 11. So we could in theory complete a Great Hall... after what, over a month since the dojo came out? Including the resources towards it also, we have gathered around the necessary for 1 Great Hall, and nothing else :)

Happy to hear that. Since my brother's best friend joined we gained 2 forma each. The pain is still gathering resources, but at least things seems oddly good. Still, not to be a whimp, i'd like to see forma removed, for the same reason I stated one month ago. Let's hope my friend :)

Happy to hear that. Since my brother's best friend joined we gained 2 forma each. The pain is still gathering resources, but at least things seems oddly good. Still, not to be a whimp, i'd like to see forma removed, for the same reason I stated one month ago. Let's hope my friend :)

Yep, but I did like 80 runs already, so its a 1/8 chance now that they made Forma more viable.

Id like it removed or at least re-scaled according to clan size, and removed from conectors and stuff.

I wouldnt be bothered if it was like 3 on a research facility, or even 5. But at the current prices I just managed as a clan to gather up enough for 1 part.

I actually came to the forum just to say this. My friend and I recently started a clan and saw that we needed Forma just for a hallway. That's ridiculous. I could maybe see Forma as being acceptable for the consctruction of research wings, as they can produce some neat stuff, but nothing else. I mean the only thing Dojos really do is provide research, dueling, and the right to say, "Hey, I have a fancy space ninja base." Not exactly worth paying real money for in my opinion.

Agreed!

It hurts the smaller Clans, especially those with more casual style players! A lot of my Clan members have gone out of pocket to buy Platinum for our first few builds! Even making the Forma BP drop more frequently doesn't do much to alleviate the problem since some of  materials needed to make Forma for free  are extremely difficult to farm for all but the most hardcore grinders. Especially in the quantities needed to build the Dojo, Labs, their required and  infrastructure. Never mind the Research! It just seems to me like it's going to get real ugly, real soon.

For instance; some of my Clans members have had difficulty farming Control Modules. I myself have had problems getting Neurodes. The Bosses on Eris & Earth have been very stingy lately. Five or six runs on each one a day and not a single Neurode! I'm making a killing selling Warframe component blueprints I don't need any more since I've either already built the frame or put that project aside for the time being.  Had to start doing more defense missions in these zones than we'd planned to, taking some focus away from the more immediately necessary materials.  And after five or six more runs on Gaia and Eurasia I got ONE Neurode!  If my Clan of thirty has to do that much work to make ONE Forma!?!? I don't even want to think about it! It just seems skewed the wrong way in my opinion. The Clans with the bigger numbers have the luxury to ask their members to either grind or pay for Forma. We'd just like the luxury to recruit more members to help, but we're too busy farming!

I just mean to say it's great that there is a real, viable alternative to paying real cash for the better gear in the game. Most of my Clan has done just that with some exceptions. Some like me are already Masters or even Grand Masters in the Founders' Program and some are also, like myself, impulse Platinum buyers for Catalysts & Reactors, color  palates & the like. Actual MICRO transactions. I just think the whole seemingly  "Pay or grind A LOT" equation effectively ruins the established trust between Digital Extremes & the Warframe community , especially when you crunch the numbers, for the Dojo facilities as they are now.

That said I don't think that many people believe it can't be fixed, far from it. I just think everyone's waiting to see how, and more importantly, WHEN.

-ojd- Warlord: "Chi to Meiyo"
{Blood & Honor.}

I'm afraid that if the Forma of the building will not clean, molenkie clans will simply engage in gambling fraud creating additional permanent bonus with free Platinum for purchase forma and inserting it into the clan.

Agreed!

It hurts the smaller Clans, especially those with more casual style players! A lot of my Clan members have gone out of pocket to buy Platinum for our first few builds! Even making the Forma BP drop more frequently doesn't do much to alleviate the problem since some of  materials needed to make Forma for free  are extremely difficult to farm for all but the most hardcore grinders. Especially in the quantities needed to build the Dojo, Labs, their required and  infrastructure. Never mind the Research! It just seems to me like it's going to get real ugly, real soon.

For instance; some of my Clans members have had difficulty farming Control Modules. I myself have had problems getting Neurodes. The Bosses on Eris & Earth have been very stingy lately. Five or six runs on each one a day and not a single Neurode! I'm making a killing selling Warframe component blueprints I don't need any more since I've either already built the frame or put that project aside for the time being.  Had to start doing more defense missions in these zones than we'd planned to, taking some focus away from the more immediately necessary materials.  And after five or six more runs on Gaia and Eurasia I got ONE Neurode!  If my Clan of thirty has to do that much work to make ONE Forma!?!? I don't even want to think about it! It just seems skewed the wrong way in my opinion. The Clans with the bigger numbers have the luxury to ask their members to either grind or pay for Forma. We'd just like the luxury to recruit more members to help, but we're too busy farming!

I just mean to say it's great that there is a real, viable alternative to paying real cash for the better gear in the game. Most of my Clan has done just that with some exceptions. Some like me are already Masters or even Grand Masters in the Founders' Program and some are also, like myself, impulse Platinum buyers for Catalysts & Reactors, color  palates & the like. Actual MICRO transactions. I just think the whole seemingly  "Pay or grind A LOT" equation effectively ruins the established trust between Digital Extremes & the Warframe community , especially when you crunch the numbers, for the Dojo facilities as they are now.

That said I don't think that many people believe it can't be fixed, far from it. I just think everyone's waiting to see how, and more importantly, WHEN.

-ojd- Warlord: "Chi to Meiyo"

{Blood & Honor.}

This is a feeling we all share. Mostly between founders. With the premise that almost everyone had paid it's share ( some maybe not with a founders but with a normal platinum pack) it seems unfair to trick people like this.

About farming Forma I had some luck lately, though is just luck. No more, no less. Now that all the E3 is finished I'm waiting for an official answer by DE to this topic.

I'm afraid that if the Forma of the building will not clean, molenkie clans will simply engage in gambling fraud creating additional permanent bonus with free Platinum for purchase forma and inserting it into the clan.

Although I tried to discourage this behavior, some people are farming in this unfair way. I just hope DE understands that we want a clear and fair change. Cheating in WF is nuts, but if they don't adress the problem it will get worse for them and for us (because those who're cheating are Tenno like us, don't forget that). We need to cooperate the players and the devs.

I like how you keep checking the thread to see how it is going.

I agree completely forma is too valuable to be put in the dojo and I they keep it in the dojo make it a ton more common!

Thanks! As I said before, I really liked this game from the closed beta, even though I joined when it got opened. This is the first game I paid for because it's just genius. Mixing third person shooter, rpg elements, sci-fi and ninjas was just the most badass idea EVER. Because of that I want a politely and nice change. I like to discuss the matter with my fellow Tenno. Even though I'm working part time, training as a weightlifter, studying at university and taking care of six dogs I think this game and it's community are not stealing me time, instead they're giving me some satisfaction and quality time.

As stated before this online game really catches me and I like the whole joing online or sweat it on solo mode. Lagging aside this is the feature (and the whole "shape the game with the players") that convinced me the most to resist the urge of rage quitting every time something bothers me. I never had issues with kids or n00bs. Really I will continue playing this game and adressing the issues that bothers me (as now only this bothers me A LOT) and playing it with my brother.

OT: This game got me reconnected with my brother a lot, so it's not just Forma-rants. It has a lot of good perks :)

Although I do support Formas being used in the Dojo, I do believe that it takes too long to obtain them.

A solution would be rather than raising the drop rate or removing its usefulness, add *new* ways to get it. A personal suggestion being another HIGH-tier planet (unlocked after all other places have been completely unlocked and finished, with 125-150 level enemies) which has Forma as a rare drop (consider that on a single run, you could get up to four Forma if lucky) and increasing the cost to polarise weapons and Warframes to two Forma (It's really not a challenge to get end-game weapons, takes ten days tops if trying).

Besides, you shouldn't be trying to make a clan if you're new to the game with low-tier gear.

An alternative would be adding a Tier 4 Exterminate/Raid Void mission (150-199 level enemies), which would only drop from bosses with a 0.5% with Forma at 5% drop rate and the blueprint at 25%. Frost Prime blueprint could be at 15%, Orokin Catalyst and Reactor blueprints at 2.5% chance each, 5x Orokin cells at 25% and the other 5 rare materials at 5% each, also dropping in stacks of five.

A Gambling feature (low tier, 10k/roll, mid tier, 25k/roll, high tier, 75k/roll) to get various rewards could also work.

Although I do support Formas being used in the Dojo, I do believe that it takes too long to obtain them.

A solution would be rather than raising the drop rate or removing its usefulness, add *new* ways to get it. A personal suggestion being another HIGH-tier planet (unlocked after all other places have been completely unlocked and finished, with 125-150 level enemies) which has Forma as a rare drop (consider that on a single run, you could get up to four Forma if lucky) and increasing the cost to polarise weapons and Warframes to two Forma (It's really not a challenge to get end-game weapons, takes ten days tops if trying).

Besides, you shouldn't be trying to make a clan if you're new to the game with low-tier gear.

An alternative would be adding a Tier 4 Exterminate/Raid Void mission (150-199 level enemies), which would only drop from bosses with a 0.5% with Forma at 5% drop rate and the blueprint at 25%. Frost Prime blueprint could be at 15%, Orokin Catalyst and Reactor blueprints at 2.5% chance each, 5x Orokin cells at 25% and the other 5 rare materials at 5% each, also dropping in stacks of five.

A Gambling feature (low tier, 10k/roll, mid tier, 25k/roll, high tier, 75k/roll) to get various rewards could also work.

This ways are good. The point, however, is that as a resource it should be free. Compared to potatoes it's more easy to obtain already. The numbers required are most of the times too hard. I really got mad because this manouvre makes it looks like it is normal farming for resources but 1/6 of the material can be bought for plats. Crafting is free and it should be so all way long. The platinum "paywall" should have been more clear and not this bad, imo.

Sorry, but the dojo should be free to new and old.

The whole idea of a dojo is its you're base, you're headquarters... get it after you finished all planets is like yeah, we beat the game, now lets make our base.

Yes, I know we dont have an endgame, and that beating all planets means nothing, but the whole idea of a dojo is to provide that while new players go beating each planet, and build up there dojo along.

Now more on topic, Zantestusken they didnt adress Forma directly, but they did say the dojo prices are being reviewed, that includes Forma as it is in the pricing, so lets wait and see what happens.

Sorry, but the dojo should be free to new and old.

The whole idea of a dojo is its you're base, you're headquarters... get it after you finished all planets is like yeah, we beat the game, now lets make our base.

Yes, I know we dont have an endgame, and that beating all planets means nothing, but the whole idea of a dojo is to provide that while new players go beating each planet, and build up there dojo along.

Now more on topic, Zantestusken they didnt adress Forma directly, but they did say the dojo prices are being reviewed, that includes Forma as it is in the pricing, so lets wait and see what happens.

Always too faithfull. But at least I have to say you're right about that. Though the matter was taken lightly. They said a few words about costs and then they skipped it. I'll wait but even here they could write something on this topic as a answer... Just sain'

Livestream #8 ended minutes ago, they didn't adressed the issue NOT EVEN ONCE. It's clear that they don't give a damn. However, continue on posting your feedback guys. I'm starting to think they're playing dumb on this.

I am sorry if it felt like we ignored this particular aspect, but I felt the coverage of reviewing the system and requirements as a whole would do justice for all the parts that make up this system.

I am sorry if it felt like we ignored this particular aspect, but I felt the coverage of reviewing the system and requirements as a whole would do justice for all the parts that make up this system.

Fair enough. Appreciate your post Rebecca. My last question is, wich I think is what people here want to know, do we have to wait until U9 for this issue to be fixed? It's not as we're in a hurry ( gotta six more frames to farm myself). But imo the real problem is the lack of information we've received. I know you guys were busy and you still are, but some of us ( me in the fisrt place) get a "little" grumpy about this matter.

As always it's really nice to hear of you.

OT: I wish you a happy birthday by the way ( I thought someone tweeted about it being this weekend)

Edited by Zantestsuken

I think the bigger problem is that there is no reason for a forma to be required (in the dojo weapons at least). If any of the weapons had at least 1 polarity slot, it would make sense and be understandable that it requires a forma. Using a forma to make something that doesn't even have the thing forma is designed to do is nonsense. Or come pre-catalysted since a potato and forma are the same cost.

Edited by shinydunsparce

I think the bigger problem is that there is no reason for a forma to be required (in the dojo weapons at least). If any of the weapons had at least 1 polarity slot, it would make sense and be understandable that it requires a forma. Using a forma to make something that doesn't even have the thing forma is designed to do is nonsense. Or come pre-catalysted since a potato and forma are the same cost.

Well there has to be a difference between the market and crafting inside the clan.... 

I agree that some , if not all weapons crafted inside the dojo should have at least a polarity slot. Pre  potato-ed would be overkill.

Well there has to be a difference between the market and crafting inside the clan....

I agree that some , if not all weapons crafted inside the dojo should have at least a polarity slot. Pre potato-ed would be overkill.

I want you to know just that the Dojo isn't just about the weapons, if so smaller clans will be already over. I think the dojo was a great innovation, forma in it isn't. Plats are needed for other things.

P.s. I know forma can be farmed, I'm okay with farming as a weapon requirement, but as a construction material it should be more obtainable...

Edited by Zantestsuken

As today I found all my resources disappeared from Dojo's rooms and back to each clansmen. Did that occor to you too guys?

Don't want to sound too optimistic but we may get to see our feedback answered in the upcoming days :) (sorry for the face, it's just that this little thing made my day)

As today I found all my resources disappeared from Dojo's rooms and back to each clansmen. Did that occor to you too guys?

Don't want to sound too optimistic but we may get to see our feedback answered in the upcoming days :) (sorry for the face, it's just that this little thing made my day)

I never started a dojo cause I never intended paying too much and then see a whole overhaul and the costs go way down, or costs continue at the current price and resources get easier or something.

Hope it means a overhaul this week, cause tbh, if it only happens on u9, there will be so much new content for dojos (they said there will be new stuff for dojos) and Id feel so behind, Id like to at least have some time to build part of the dojo :)

I never started a dojo cause I never intended paying too much and then see a whole overhaul and the costs go way down, or costs continue at the current price and resources get easier or something.

Hope it means a overhaul this week, cause tbh, if it only happens on u9, there will be so much new content for dojos (they said there will be new stuff for dojos) and Id feel so behind, Id like to at least have some time to build part of the dojo :)

Well if the old costs were based on 100+ members I think I'm okay. Now i have 70.000 ns, 40.000 salvage and 35.000 ferrite. This in a month of dojo farming. Hope to save some spare for new weapons, gotta increase mastery!

Ive got around 120k ns and 80k salvage, and a whole lot of other stuff, except ferrite, Im dry on those =P

Finally farmed my Frost Prime and my Reaper Prime, just missing that Latron Prime Receiver :c

When the dojo gets its overhaul then Im predicting a lot of farming :d