Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

I noticed recently that this topic has growth in many direction, some of wich are similiar to my original point, other different. The four main point are:

1. The original request was to eradicate Forma as a construction material.

2. Scaling the costs of Forma based on the size of the clan

3. Replace Forma with an other resource wich should be more obtainable

4. Make Forma more obtainable by letting it drop in normal missions and not only as a reward in Void runs

Edited by Zantestsuken

1. The original request was to eradicate Forma as a construction material.

2. Scaling the costs of Forma based on the size of the clan

3. Replace Forma with an other resource wich should be more obtainable

4. Make Forma more obtainable by letting it drop in normal missions and not only as a reward in Void runs

I could agree more with you. That seems to be the best way to solve the problem. Though CosyPigeon made a good point...

Forma is Fine in the game, but it should not be used for dojo construction. Forma is an incredibly rare orokin artifact, the idea that the tenno are grinding it up and using it to manufacture corridors is insane. It also makes constructing dojos unrealistic for clans that do not have hundreds of members. 

I could agree more with you. That seems to be the best way to solve the problem. Though CosyPigeon made a good point...

Cosy is right. One thing I didn't even realized was that there are some people who have clans with 1k members. S#&$!!! For a 4 player co-op game they sure have a clan. Imo clan should be little groups of friends. In my case my clan is made by all people wich Iknow irl. Sounds silly, but 10 to 50 should be called a clan. 1k are a village!

1k is the amount of Tenno per planet, if lore is correct. Supposed to be outnumbered here, right?

The 2m players against the current amount of enemies is lore wise, ridiculous.

Raise those costs for those larger clans. And lower'em for the rest of us.

1k is the amount of Tenno per planet, if lore is correct. Supposed to be outnumbered here, right?

The 2m players against the current amount of enemies is lore wise, ridiculous.

Raise those costs for those larger clans. And lower'em for the rest of us.

The costs were fine to me until I noticed that the drop rate kinda, dropped down. By not even looting ferrite was easy to get, now I have farmed 5000 in two days by playing Mercury and Neptune for 4 h/day.

Back to the Forma, I think the whole mechanic went broken with U8. I got one bp from the void: it says I have to farm other "thingy" to craft. Crafting was built upon materials you should farm, not mysterious object you may get or not in extravagant mission.

Do you even read the topic? It's not (just) a costs or not costs reason. Is wrong to begin with to hide crafting behind keys. You do not pay for alloy plate or ferrite. Even if you're willing to farm, you'll have to farm keys to farm forma. Lol.

Instead of farming just x type of resource over and over it takes you done another path to farm y type of resource over and over. I think they need to make potatoes the z type for future rooms for the dojo. It makes it more fun than sticking to the same old bland things to farm over and over.

All dojo costs definitely need to drop if most players are ever to use the dojo system. If I manage to find one more forma blueprint then I suppose I could forget about saving some for polarising future warframes/weapons and buy my friends one cross-connector. Only one of them plays the game regularly enough to be producing forma (the 3 others have not a single rank 30 item), and his main setup definitely isn't maxed.

Don't let the other crafting costs slip by un-noticed; that still equates to weeks of play just for a couple of corridors.

All dojo costs definitely need to drop if most players are ever to use the dojo system. If I manage to find one more forma blueprint then I suppose I could forget about saving some for polarising future warframes/weapons and buy my friends one cross-connector. Only one of them plays the game regularly enough to be producing forma (the 3 others have not a single rank 30 item), and his main setup definitely isn't maxed.

Don't let the other crafting costs slip by un-noticed; that still equates to weeks of play just for a couple of corridors.

I know your feeling. If things will not change I have managed to farm 5 Forma in 3 weeks of active gaming, one of those from login rewards. I find frustrating how things are going. Most players care about new weapons ( and new contest in genre that add new problems or take focus from the old ones) without thinking that the old issues are still there. DE needs to stop caring for the n00b-base and work on all the issues they left aside. One is forma, others are mission types, enemy AI, and more. Gameplay is not about new contents, but polishing the old and getting them to near perfection. If I wanted ne weapons or new frames I will play COD. Edited by Zantestsuken

Pretty sure that was the point of the Dojo, to give the game some life.

I agree in removing Forma for building dojo's. I'm in a VERY small clan with only my friends and right now we havent even finished our first room, it will be tough to do anything without Forma. I'm not whining. simply giving an example. It's a horrible idea to require small groups to have to get this stuff to get anything usable.

The

I agree in removing Forma for building dojo's. I'm in a VERY small clan with only my friends and right now we havent even finished our first room, it will be tough to do anything without Forma. I'm not whining. simply giving an example. It's a horrible idea to require small groups to have to get this stuff to get anything usable.

Hope they get that is not a complain but a proven feedback

I think DE will balance it out so small clans will still not be happy but it will be considered fair in terms of making the game last longer for people.

Although I see there is a problem with the type of gamer which this game appears to attract.

Gamers who want good things quickly to get the sense of 'win' quickly and then the anti climax after the achievement has been won.

Leave the game, go on to another game and do the same thing.

You leave a cigarette smoker hanging they are going to whine and get cranky. (Just like many gamers come to these forums to whine because they are impatient and refuse to farm/grind)m because they find it boring.

The longer a smoker goes without a cigarette the bigger the head rush.

Smokers prefer to have the cigarette to get their quick fix.

Most of todays gamers prefer to get the quick easy win rather than require effort and time to 'win'.

I think DE will balance it out so small clans will still not be happy but it will be considered fair in terms of making the game last longer for people.

Although I see there is a problem with the type of gamer which this game appears to attract.

Gamers who want good things quickly to get the sense of 'win' quickly and then the anti climax after the achievement has been won.

Leave the game, go on to another game and do the same thing.

You leave a cigarette smoker hanging they are going to whine and get cranky. (Just like many gamers come to these forums to whine because they are impatient and refuse to farm/grind)m because they find it boring.

The longer a smoker goes without a cigarette the bigger the head rush.

Smokers prefer to have the cigarette to get their quick fix.

Most of todays gamers prefer to get the quick easy win rather than require effort and time to 'win'.

Mostly yes. Farming is good in right terms, wich are imo. Forma as a construction material isn't.

I believe forma should be taken off the cost of construction for sure. Or at least be more accessible to free players. Give it a massive credit cost or make it a boss drop, at least something more accessible than it currently is.

I really think if you're going to make a game F2P, there should always be a way for people to get everything (minus cosmetic variations) the game has to offer with no real money. The 100% free players still contribute to the game by playing it and spreading word of mouth about the game.

The argument that farming is necessary for the longevity of the game is bull. The enjoyment of playing and the addition of new content is what will keep Warframe alive. New content = more farming to make the new content (crafting weapons, farming blueprints, etc) / pseudo-farming just to enjoy new content (levels, game modes, etc).

The only reason I'm not bothering with the Dojo is because of the Forma... Take that for what you will... Your only other options besides buying from the store are either A: getting lucky in the Tower missions, or B: getting lucky on the daily slot machine, neither one have that great of odds.

Definitely needs to go.  Keep Forma as a weapon boost only.  There's always the potential abuse of people making accounts just to spend that 50 platinum on rushing the clan key and getting two forma in.  You can even have a clan member on his regular character clear out rooms while the three mules collect resources for the key behind him.  I don't think anyone wants to see an entire subsystem of the game be reduced to whoever can stand rushing a bunch of alt accounts on fake emails, or having a spare down payment, or having clan members in the hundreds just to access the content.

Signed and dotted. Please change this, now. Hot fix it if you have to.

The only reason I'm not bothering with the Dojo is because of the Forma... Take that for what you will... Your only other options besides buying from the store are either A: getting lucky in the Tower missions, or B: getting lucky on the daily slot machine, neither one have that great of odds.

Definitely needs to go. Keep Forma as a weapon boost only. There's always the potential abuse of people making accounts just to spend that 50 platinum on rushing the clan key and getting two forma in. You can even have a clan member on his regular character clear out rooms while the three mules collect resources for the key behind him. I don't think anyone wants to see an entire subsystem of the game be reduced to whoever can stand rushing a bunch of alt accounts on fake emails, or having a spare down payment, or having clan members in the hundreds just to access the content.

Signed and dotted. Please change this, now. Hot fix it if you have to.

I see that more people share this feeling with me. They already have been warned about this topic but we got no decisive answer about the matter. The only thing to do now is wait for DE and other player's feedback. Because the more people answer to this topic sharing their experiences the more, maybe, the devs will understand the gravity of this issue. Edited by Zantestsuken

I support the removal of forma as a construction material. In general, build costs are daunting to a small clan of 100 or less. And is coming for a guy who spent 60 dollars on the game already.  I am all for supporting the devs but the amount of farming required to make a dang hallway is enough to discourage anyone from trying. Popping a random paywall into the mix makes it that much worse.

I see that more people share this feeling with me. They already have been warned about this topic but we got no decisive answer about the matter. The only thing to do now is wait for DE and other player's feedback. Because the more people answer to this topic sharing their experiences the more, maybe, the devs will understand the gravity of this issue.

Chances are high that any change to Dojo costs/forma is going to come at the same time as the Dojo overhaul (see: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/69362-still-waiting-on-dojo-fixes/?p=741863 ). If there is no change when they implement those changes, I would interpret it as a sign that they don't intend to make one. If they do not already understand the gravity of the issue, nearly 6 weeks removed from the update, they will be losing players and dollars before they do (though I imagine they've lost players to it and I certainly don't intend to be as liberal with my givings as I have been thus far; U8 was one of the most unnecessarily divisive patches I've seen implemented and it exposed fundamental problems in their loot scheme that they still haven't fixed).

U8 was one of the most unnecessarily divisive patches I've seen implemented and it exposed fundamental problems in their loot scheme that they still haven't fixed

This bugs me big time. I really appreciate new weapons and other stuff but putting possibly bugged stuff over the old one isn't fixing the problem. I can only think they're in some financial issue or something and are trying to attract new players because this behavior doesn't seems the one of the DE I learned to admire and cheer for.

As far as accessibility, I think Forma are more-or-less accessible enough, given that you can generally get in on a T2 whenever you want.  I think it'd be a good idea to see Forma BPs and even the occasional Forma Proper come up as possible rewards for Defense/Raid/Spy/etc. missions, and also potentially drop from assassination targets in the same way as Orokin Cells do.  Overall, a single Forma doesn't have nearly as much impact on something as a potato, so the issue is really a struggle between clan obligations, your frames, and your weapons for Forma attention.