Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

I don't want to be a bad guy too but I highly doubt they will remove it at this point as many could be very angry with them doing so - after all a lot have payed money for formas used in dojo building.

Actually if the clan is doing T3 defense runs they can get t3 voidkeys pretty fast and with some luck they can get 4 formas rather soon... of course the RNG god usually gives your 32nd prime blueprint, so revising void missions could do some good. Right now after you get the prime stuff there is nothing in t3 voids you can get but forma. Any else as reward is a loss of a lot of time as even the most hardcore players take some time to "breeze" through the high hp enemies - especially if you had to farm to get the t3 key you used.

My previous post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/70201-june-26th-community-hot-topics/page-5#entry789624 contains some "possible" solutions to this.

Anyways it feels tedious to get forma as you can't see progress because of the sometimes very cruel RNG and the lack of any other reward (for high level players) from a void mission.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

• 1 month later...

The answer is to depend on each other for void keys as a clan and trust the clan members will contribute acquire forma to the dojo.

Make sure you collect void keys and invite clan members in to the void missions which may reward forma blueprints.

If you can not trust your clan members to contribute forma but would forma their own warframe then ask you to try and beat them in the dueling room then this clan member is not right for a clan as their ethics are not team based and needs to be expelled.

Even as a small sized Shadow clan, my clan has put in over 72 Forma into the dojo, since the time dojos were released.

We are not even all that active.

i agreed to the topic

Well I stop caring about this and other WF related matters when I saw that resources can now be bought. I knew that eventually everything will come down to that. 3 weeks since I last played and occasionally checking in. Don't know what is going on, but I'm afraid that it all ends with DE doing what they want and giving us just some 'frames to keep the fanboys happy.

I find Forma in construction not a problem, as they're dropping from the Void like there's no tomorrow. I have like 8 Forma bp's just sitting there in my foundry cause I'm too lazy to build them. Forma are so common, I think even Gallium is rarer now.

I find Forma in construction not a problem, as they're dropping from the Void like there's no tomorrow. I have like 8 Forma bp's just sitting there in my foundry cause I'm too lazy to build them. Forma are so common, I think even Gallium is rarer now.

I can't agree with this statement. I haven't seen forma bp for last 1.5 months i believe.

I don't remember where I've seen it (maybe in this thread actually) but there was a good suggestion to remove forma cost from connectors. Cause really, what's the point in using forma for a damn corridor? I'm fine with using it for rooms that actually are doing something. Require the thing that can easily modify any orokin tech for a metal tube with couple of doors and lamps is just silly. 

Instead of using Forma to make individual rooms, Forma could also be used to upgrade the reactor exponentially.  

This would remove a ton of clutter from dojos, and give players a reason to use the forma.

1 Forma = The equivalent of doubling your reactor power.

2 Forma = 3x reactor power

4 Forma = 4x reactor power

8 Forma = 8x reactor power

16 Forma = 9 x reactor power

and then say at 40 forma grant people a Nuclear/Super (name doesn't matter) Reactor giving them 25x the power of a single reactor.

This can be done for capacity as well as energy.

The problem with this is each forma blueprint costs 1 neruode, morphic, neural sensor, and OROKIN CELL to be made.  The last of which is now the most rare resource.  It then takes 35,000 credits to make (which for some is painful) and a full 24 hours to make.  Forma blueprints are as big of a joke as forma in the dojo.  You probably don't have a problem with it because you either aren't the one spending the money, or have enough that it doesn't matter, in which case, buy 200 forma for my clan's dojo.

Edited by _daVinci_

I think it would make more sense to have a Forma needed to craft Prime weapons along with the 2-3 Orokin Cells since they are used for Orokin construction, not clan tech weapons which are just weapons from the Grineer and Corpus, why do we need Orokin Technology to craft everyday Grineer/Corpus weapons?

Edited by __Kanade__

well, if they would change this and remove forma from the things you need for building dojo rooms, what about all these people who spend a lot of money building their dojos with forma? I do not think they will get any kind of satisfying refund

And there is another important thing:

Clans were not supposed to be in the way that everyone can have a clan without doing something. If you want to have a good clan you will need to play much and get help by other players, spend money or you might just join a clan wich already exists

But lets say they would remove forma and replace it with like 10 orikin cells:

a group of 4 people could build a dojo up in no time and there would be problems to get people into joining your clan because everyone can make his/her own, but the way it is now, a group of 4 people needs a month to build up something (at least if you are lucky and drop forma blueprints in t3) and a lot of people are to lazy to do that and therefor the amount of clans will grow slower.

So realy, there just is no need in removing Forma from the things you need for a room, just play, pay or join, your choice.

Edited by El-Pix

I built my entire clan solo, with all research rooms, a couple halls (which now are somehow not registering as I have the grand hall and grander hall but to build the grandest hall it says I must first build a grand hall and grander hall), and hae fully researched every single clantech weapon. I *NOW* let people join, and if they want to build sure go for it, I got my weapons and such, but really, research and rooms are all something that should be done before you make a moon clan. I never paid more than one forma per room, and I have two halls (grand and grander), three cross connectors, two reactors, the oracle and the other three research rooms. Thinking of putting in a PvP room and obstacle course but really, I have no need. If others want to build it, sure.

Edit: I guess my point is, I'm somewhat okay with resource scaling, but they might as well charge a platinum fee per room if they are going to charge forma. I would love to see something like 10 forma to start a clan and then remove it from all building costs. They have to make their money somewhere, and you can always join an existing clan, so yeah, I hear you but they do have to make money somewhere - and I'd rather that be from me and others instead of ads.

Edited by Andidyus