Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

i really hope they remove it from dojo but given how they basically ignored the outcry during the livestream, i won't get my hopes up. they just kept saying 'reduced resources' and didn't talk about the forma aspect. i don't really care if they increased the other resource costs, but remove the forma. still i'm fine if they just re-think the forma costs to build. there is no freakin way you can tell me that the lights in a hallway require the same output (forma) as it does to power the reactor room. cause i'm sure that my small desk lamp is using the same amount of power as my washer or dryer machines....so if it stays, at least do something about the hallways.

I agree. given that there supposed to be a resource sink, id be fine even if they freakin tripled the resource costs (please dont though, DE. hyperbole, you know?), as long as they removed the forma costs. mabye replace them with double or triple the number in orokin cells? (e.g. 5 froma becomes 10/15 cells). some of the logic behind the resource costs needs to be looked at though. i dont quite get why i need over 100,000 nano spores to craft a hallway when im sitting on like 200K credits and my hallway only needs like what, 50K?

I agree. given that there supposed to be a resource sink, id be fine even if they freakin tripled the resource costs (please dont though, DE. hyperbole, you know?), as long as they removed the forma costs. mabye replace them with double or triple the number in orokin cells? (e.g. 5 froma becomes 10/15 cells). some of the logic behind the resource costs needs to be looked at though. i dont quite get why i need over 100,000 nano spores to craft a hallway when im sitting on like 200K credits and my hallway only needs like what, 50K?

The whole thing is made on purpose imo. Using the excuse of the beta the whole mess is a gigantiic excuse to stomp in a new territory made of beta's issues? When the system will be perfected, they will call it done. That's, in my opinion, the worst case scenario

I realize that a lot of people have already weighed in on this.

But the Forma cost is a total shut-down for small clans.

Yea, a large clan with 100+ members could have one forma from everyone and it'd be fine.

When you are playing with your close friends and there are ten of you in a guild, paying for 50 - 80 forma just for the research is a bit much. :)  Rare bits like Morphics and Control Modules would be fine in a build, but I definitely think that Forma should not be a Dojo building item - at least, not for the structural things like hallways and whatnot.  I want to make my Dojo elegant, but charging me $5 - $10 per hallway is a bit steep. :x

While i agree that the Forma is a huge wall for folks that dont want to pay i think they are already fixing this with the new loot drops in defense missions.

Just today alone i got 3 keys from playing a handful of defense missions. That's 3 more than i've gotten in total since they were first introduced. I didnt get any Forma from those runs but the chances have gone up by a lot.

One thing that could work is to substitute Morphics for Forma in things like hallway construction. With this you could spread out the Dojo as much as you want, but to build bigger projects like an Oracle, Labs, etc requires the much rarer Forma to produce. DE doesn't want people doing everything in the Dojo at once, and that's perfectly understandable but by putting greater emphasis on all of the cool projects your clan can build rather than waiting to build hallways might lead to more user participation in the Dojo building process.

One thing that could work is to substitute Morphics for Forma in things like hallway construction. With this you could spread out the Dojo as much as you want, but to build bigger projects like an Oracle, Labs, etc requires the much rarer Forma to produce. DE doesn't want people doing everything in the Dojo at once, and that's perfectly understandable but by putting greater emphasis on all of the cool projects your clan can build rather than waiting to build hallways might lead to more user participation in the Dojo building process.

Farming is already a great cost of time.

definatly agree. i just want to build a nice Dojo with my three friends and we don't have the money for 5 Forma for just a small hallway! its ridiculous and LArge Clan Biased. 5 form for the Great hall, none for connectors or elevators, 1 for reactors, 2 for labs 3 for oracle, 4 for duelling room

The issue you talk about is right. Beside from my own pov, have to choose between personal growth and clan supremacy is wrong.

This, Forma was fine before update 8 because a clan and contribution to a Dojo was not an issue, if they could somehow balance it out where forma isn't necessary for Dojo growth then it would be fine. 

Remove Forma, sure, but don't let people rush buildings. Having your dojo ready almost instantly because one of your clan members is a founder kills the long-term anticipation and consumes all of this content at an alarming rate.

Implement a resource sink in the form of various rooms with cosmetic and non-gameplay-affecting effect.

Remove Forma, sure, but don't let people rush buildings. Having your dojo ready almost instantly because one of your clan members is a founder kills the long-term anticipation and consumes all of this content at an alarming rate.

Implement a resource sink in the form of various rooms with cosmetic and non-gameplay-affecting effect.

Amen

Was my thorough opinion of this discussion not detailed enough for you?

I went to great lengths to achieve the expert opinion of which I had come to.

Read the topic please. If this sucks is the major point you can come up with, well you have some growing up to do.

Judging by how many replies there are to just this one, individual anti-forma thread, remembering that there are more than just this one thread out there regarding this, DE just HAS to realize how much the playerbase is opposed to this, and were not exactly short of reasons (good ones at that) for it, and I've even seen some good solutions suggested here. So hopefully DE has noticed this thread, and are working to rectify the issue in a way that benifits both the players and DE. I understand the forma thing to a certain extent. DE is first and foremost a company. they need money to pay the bills, and to eat. but the current situation with forma is discouraging small clans, and spending money on the dojo in general. I've mentioned this before, but perhaps replacing the forma cost with 2-3 times the amount of forma in orokin cells? if they insist on keeping forma in the dojo system, perhaps it could be used to upgrade exisiting rooms in some way?

Judging by how many replies there are to just this one, individual anti-forma thread, remembering that there are more than just this one thread out there regarding this, DE just HAS to realize how much the playerbase is opposed to this, and were not exactly short of reasons (good ones at that) for it, and I've even seen some good solutions suggested here. So hopefully DE has noticed this thread, and are working to rectify the issue in a way that benifits both the players and DE. I understand the forma thing to a certain extent. DE is first and foremost a company. they need money to pay the bills, and to eat. but the current situation with forma is discouraging small clans, and spending money on the dojo in general. I've mentioned this before, but perhaps replacing the forma cost with 2-3 times the amount of forma in orokin cells? if they insist on keeping forma in the dojo system, perhaps it could be used to upgrade exisiting rooms in some way?

My clan is made by me and my brother. I have no problem farming with him. One farms for himself and the other give the same ammount to the dojo, then we switch parts. We play one hour a day, not every day. Saturday is a 12 hour rush because we as brothers enjoy THIS much Warframe. Stated that, farming takes some weeks for every construction. And WE have no problem with that. We can even wait for the forma to drop, but IS WRONG to put a construction material this rare or for sale. Farming is free and a good player spends their plats on slots and potatoes. So you get all frames and exp all the weapon. So I agree with you and I wanted to clear the point that costs for clans are somewhat allright, is the forma in dojos that is wrong

my brothers and i are the only ones in my clan and we play together pretty regularly. we have no problem shoring up the normal resources in the game so even with just the 3 of us, that isn't really a problem. but the Forma is a deal-breaker. i can't ask them to give up their hard earned forma so we can build a cross hallway. being forced to shell out that amount of Forma for the dojo completely throws our personal frame and weapon specialization out the window since we'll have none left over for polarizing.

on the first day we saw the Forma requirement, one of my brothers brought up possibly exchanging it for the rare boss drop mats (gallium, control module, neural sensor, ect.) seems like some others here agree with that and i think it's a fantastic idea because it means we still have to farm and play the game to get it. as of now it's mostly just running defense mission hoping for keys and staring at the twitter alert page waiting for a Forma (not really playing the game in my view).

Just to add my two creds, there does have to be some way for DE to make money. Ok, so forma for every single room is a bit much. but some rooms, maybe stronger ones that grant clan wide bonuses (like a factory room that increases production speed in the entire clan's foundries) should have some microtransaction good involved in their creation. Or maybe such rooms require a BP, similar to how weapons and the like do, and that BP is either a very rare drop off of void missions, or can be bought for plat in the market...

just thoughts, but if DE makes money, the game continues!

Just to add my two creds, there does have to be some way for DE to make money. Ok, so forma for every single room is a bit much. but some rooms, maybe stronger ones that grant clan wide bonuses (like a factory room that increases production speed in the entire clan's foundries) should have some microtransaction good involved in their creation. Or maybe such rooms require a BP, similar to how weapons and the like do, and that BP is either a very rare drop off of void missions, or can be bought for plat in the market...

just thoughts, but if DE makes money, the game continues!

Just to clarify again: No one here wants things for free. We have already payed and some of us even put their money into founders packs. So we just want the balance we had. Not stealing, not cheating, just balance.

Mmmmhm.

*points at Master badge*

*I* have enough plat to cover the forma cost for the dojo for my friends and I.  And I certainly am enjoying Warframe, and I love it, and I want DE to make ridiculously huge sums of money from this game. :)

That being said, I really, really don't think Forma should be a build component for hallways and connectors (at the least).  It encourages people to make small, cramped Dojos in order to save money.  If I want a couple of hallways and some nice layout design, the cost will add up very quickly.  In addition to the other reasons mentioned, I really hope these costs are adjusted.

That being said, I really, really don't think Forma should be a build component for hallways and connectors (at the least).  It encourages people to make small, cramped Dojos in order to save money.  If I want a couple of hallways and some nice layout design, the cost will add up very quickly.  In addition to the other reasons mentioned, I really hope these costs are adjusted.

exactly, that's all i ask. hey in a dream world it would get removed from dojo completely but of course i realize that's asking alot there. all i'd like are some adjustments to the costs and serious re-thinking about hallways especially. it's totally understandable that rooms like a great hall or reactor should take some amount of Forma as they would realistically require some measure of orikin power output to function. but not the hallways. hopefully large reduction if not elimination from hallways at least.

would make sense that as the Tenno try to re-establish the empire, we would require the orikin technology (i.e. their Forma) but a hallway shouldn't need an ancient device just to be a walkway. that's like saying that a corridor didn't exist before electricity was invented.

Just to point out, the new weapons also require Forma to build them, imagine my 4 man clan (only 3 actually active) having to get Forma for the Dojo and Forma for the new guns and Forma to polarize our weapons at a 1/10 chance on every run for it to fall?

Yes, they put up a lot of Keys now and they are easy as hell to get... yet I have to do 10 runs with my clan to get 1 Forma, and I have to farm all the other resources, cause inside the Void no resources drop, so Im stuck having to spend loads of time grinding for Forma, and add to that the fact that I cant make more than 1 Forma per time in my Foundry.

And to finish off the issue, when I get the Forma BP, I have to grind the resources to build it. LoL.