Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

Ive got around 120k ns and 80k salvage, and a whole lot of other stuff, except ferrite, Im dry on those =P

Finally farmed my Frost Prime and my Reaper Prime, just missing that Latron Prime Receiver :c

When the dojo gets its overhaul then Im predicting a lot of farming :d

Just go on a raid on Merc. Use low exped weapons and frames. 7 to 12 drops in a game. And also Merc is good to exp new sentinels :)

I don't mind forma as a building material, but I do mind the amount required. Forma is scarce as is, and whenever I do come across it, I have to consider dojo building, or character leveling. It shouldn't be that way. A small connector hallway... 1/4th the size of a x-connector costs THE SAME AMOUNT as x-connector. They "talked" about fixing dojos, but it's been long enough and we haven't heard anything new. I'm currently building a reactor for my clan, and that's it. I will not put anything else into the dojo until things get worked around.

I don't mind forma as a building material, but I do mind the amount required. Forma is scarce as is, and whenever I do come across it, I have to consider dojo building, or character leveling. It shouldn't be that way. A small connector hallway... 1/4th the size of a x-connector costs THE SAME AMOUNT as x-connector. They "talked" about fixing dojos, but it's been long enough and we haven't heard anything new. I'm currently building a reactor for my clan, and that's it. I will not put anything else into the dojo until things get worked around.

On "Update 8 Related Work" it was written that they already decided clan sizes. There are equations to deal with to be fair to everyone. Aside that idk how it will be going on with forma.

omg someone close this topic, it's already been decided that they aren't removing it, there's 4 classes of clans, each with their own material quantity requirement. this isn't as big a deal as you're making it seem.

I did like the new clan tiers system, along with building station extensions. I liked the base mechanics in Peace Walker and in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, so I'm looking forward to new material balances for Shadow size clans. I don't really care to make any kind of clan. I have one that only has people I know irl in it so far, because what I want is to build a small dojo to evaluate the features/costs.

I'd have more Forma if I had Void Keys to use, but barring buying them with Platnium (fiscally impossible for me at the moment), the only way to get those is to play defense missions. Defense is IMPOSSIBLE to solo, and most of my play is in solo mode due to having to drive seven miles to get decent internet. Playing at home means playing solo, so the more content I can solo the better. Having Forma drop as rewards on high tier Raid missions would be nice. I mean, we're going in to swipe an Orokin artifact, might as well get Forma with it, right?

I did like the new clan tiers system, along with building station extensions. I liked the base mechanics in Peace Walker and in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, so I'm looking forward to new material balances for Shadow size clans. I don't really care to make any kind of clan. I have one that only has people I know irl in it so far, because what I want is to build a small dojo to evaluate the features/costs.I'd have more Forma if I had Void Keys to use, but barring buying them with Platnium (fiscally impossible for me at the moment), the only way to get those is to play defense missions. Defense is IMPOSSIBLE to solo, and most of my play is in solo mode due to having to drive seven miles to get decent internet. Playing at home means playing solo, so the more content I can solo the better. Having Forma drop as rewards on high tier Raid missions would be nice. I mean, we're going in to swipe an Orokin artifact, might as well get Forma with it, right?

I kinda feel the same on the solomode. It is not impossible, just godlike hard to get after wave 10. Don't know if the drop rates are based on difficulty or it is just the same fir every mission. Also giving mods as a reward for defense is just silly.

YES, YES, YES. That is all. I do not want to spend money on Forma, because I have no use for it outside building Dojos. Not worth the money considering 20 * 25 = 440 platinum, almost 25 dollars for one room in the Dojo.

YES, YES, YES. That is all. I do not want to spend money on Forma, because I have no use for it outside building Dojos. Not worth the money considering 20 * 25 = 440 platinum, almost 25 dollars for one room in the Dojo.

Never thought of it. That s**t is expensive!

I don't really agree on a total removal, but the prices should definitely be adjusted to better match drop-rates (about the same with rubedo, it's kind of wrong that you can easily get enough stuff on your blueprints without much grind, but you always have to grind for rubedo).

I'd say that 1 forma for non-critical rooms and 2 to 5 for really important rooms should be quite enough.

I compleatly agree, having to PAY to incress the space in your dojo is a bit silly and sad in my opinoin, now if they used forma for more than just Dojo and polarization then I would understand it's use a little more... I think I went off topic here.

I compleatly agree, having to PAY to incress the space in your dojo is a bit silly and sad in my opinoin, now if they used forma for more than just Dojo and polarization then I would understand it's use a little more... I think I went off topic here.

But, in that case they should make it more obtainable. Alloy plate and co. are required for lots of different things, therefore are easily obtainable. The point is, given that many construction it should be more easy to get or lowered its requirement

My reply is simple, if you know how to get keys then forma is really nothing, ive never bought forma and have obtained 20 of it, most of it has been used on my weapons and warframes(my cube literally has 6 polarizations) but now that i have all the weapons i love the most decked out, forma has no other use other then throwing it at the dojo, i mean whats the point of forma if you dont need it? teir 2 keys have a 30% drop rate on places like xini and pluto, from their forma blueprints have a 12.65ish drop rate per run, if you and your friends do afew runs you will easily be able to get a forma, and voids contain vaults, which have the highest drop rate of rare mods in the game, which is always my main objective in every void run.

My reply is simple, if you know how to get keys then forma is really nothing, ive never bought forma and have obtained 20 of it, most of it has been used on my weapons and warframes(my cube literally has 6 polarizations) but now that i have all the weapons i love the most decked out, forma has no other use other then throwing it at the dojo, i mean whats the point of forma if you dont need it? teir 2 keys have a 30% drop rate on places like xini and pluto, from their forma blueprints have a 12.65ish drop rate per run, if you and your friends do afew runs you will easily be able to get a forma, and voids contain vaults, which have the highest drop rate of rare mods in the game, which is always my main objective in every void run.

And how did you get the keys?

I'm all for either outright removing or at least lowering the Forma requisites for Dojo construction. It isn't difficult to acquire the resources required for building dojo rooms, except for the Forma. That stuff is ridiculously restrictive. I'm the head of a clan consisting of less than 10 people, and I can tell you right now that it's going to be quite a long time before we get our hands on research weaponry. Why? Because Forma. It's going to require over 70 pieces of Forma to build the rooms required to begin research, and it's going to require more Forma to build the weapons that we research.  It doesn't help that we have to decide between using the Forma for construction, or modifying weapons that we really enjoy using.

Changing Forma requirements for the dojo will, in my opinion, will go a long way towards if not outright repair the impression that small clans are left out of access to dojo features while large clans are free to reap the benefits. It will also encourage people to use forma on weapons, which they are more likely to be willing to pay 20 platinum for.

Not everyone is as lucky as you.

Not everyone is as lucky as you.

Since when did it take luck to Frost on Pluto?

Sure it'll take a while, but that's the whole point of Dojos in the first place.

EDIT: However I do agree that the construction costs for small clans -especially with Froma- should be cut down.

Edited by fishworshipper

You're 5 Forma away from a Great Hall... wait wut, you used it on you're frames, so I guess lets go back to 0 again.

Its easy to say I put in a few for the dojo when you have big clans to back you out, for a 100+ man clan the Forma prices are fair, if each one puts in 1 Forma it gets easy for them to build a dojo, what about for small clans with lets say 5 people like mine, where only 2 are actually constant players?  We together have gathered around 30 Forma, and Ive done tons of Void runs, I even did around 20 Tier 2 runs alone where you know how many Forma dropped? 0.

I love when somebody throws in a point and takes it as 100% valid, as if you're luck means prices are ok for everybody.

You're 5 Forma away from a Great Hall... wait wut, you used it on you're frames, so I guess lets go back to 0 again.

Its easy to say I put in a few for the dojo when you have big clans to back you out, for a 100+ man clan the Forma prices are fair, if each one puts in 1 Forma it gets easy for them to build a dojo, what about for small clans with lets say 5 people like mine, where only 2 are actually constant players?  We together have gathered around 30 Forma, and Ive done tons of Void runs, I even did around 20 Tier 2 runs alone where you know how many Forma dropped? 0.

I love when somebody throws in a point and takes it as 100% valid, as if you're luck means prices are ok for everybody.

This quite bugs me all the time. Given that you had 5 forma in 5 runs, there are people that in 5 runs got 5 RP handle! Good point Hybridon, btw.

A clan with just 4 active members in it doing t3 defense missions and farming keys and using 10 tower 2 keys all playing together has a great chance to get at least 1 run with forma blueprint as a reward giving the whole clan 4 forma.

I made a clan 2 weeks ago and we have 10 active members who login daily. We have built and completed 4 rooms so far. I think the forma cost is fine.

A clan with just 4 active members in it doing t3 defense missions and farming keys and using 10 tower 2 keys all playing together has a great chance to get at least 1 run with forma blueprint as a reward giving the whole clan 4 forma.

I made a clan 2 weeks ago and we have 10 active members who login daily. We have built and completed 4 rooms so far. I think the forma cost is fine.

Do you even read the topic? It's not (just) a costs or not costs reason. Is wrong to begin with to hide crafting behind keys. You do not pay for alloy plate or ferrite. Even if you're willing to farm, you'll have to farm keys to farm forma. Lol.

I believe there was talk of reducing the cost of building stuff in smaller clans.

We're aware of this. Scaling the costs is somewhat an improvement, even though my original point was that Forma as a material should be:

A. More obtainable

B. Costless. Aka you should not pay for something that was meant to be free.