Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

Forma is Fine in the game, but it should not be used for dojo construction. Forma is an incredibly rare orokin artifact, the idea that the tenno are grinding it up and using it to manufacture corridors is insane. It also makes constructing dojos unrealistic for clans that do not have hundreds of members. 

+1.  Requiring one forma for every room is a little much.  But I like that each clan research weapon requires a forma.  That should stay the same.  The best weapons in the game should be hard to get.

• 1 month later...

I hear you, I think FORMA should be used to create Super Charged versions of weapons or Unique weapons etc, but I am simply trying to build a 4-way connector, and I need FORMA. FORMA is okay, if you are building a big room, like a Grand Hall, Grander Hall, etc, but it really deprives the little clans of accessing the cool Dojo feature. At least, maybe, level it. It is easier for 1000 people to get a FORMA than my 4 member clan. This is the first MMO game that I have EVER spent money on. I get the low level Founder kit because I enjoyed it so much and I saw the Founder program was ending. But I don't want to shell out money for the Connectors for rooms etc. If anything, make different types of FORMA. Like WEAPON FORMA, CLAN FORMA, and WARFRAME FORMA. Make it easier to farm CLAN FORMA with clan mates, or something of that nature. Keep WEAPON and WARFRAME FORMA at the same difficulty level now.

I have a completed Clan hall, with everything built apart from the barracks. This was all done by 2 people (we are a 2 man clan). The problem with using formas in building Dojos is that you people rush. We have no barracks built for a reason, it DOUBLES the forma cost of building with each barracks. 

If two people can do it in a month or two without purchasing any forma, why do you guys find it so hard with 100+ members. The problem is most of your clan is happy to use the facilities, but not put into the clan.

We also have all research done (or currently researching).

If they do change this are they going to refund me and my clan leader/mates formas? Heck no. It would be a massive kick in the teeth to everybody who has built a clan.

We did it, easily and for free. Why cant you?

If they get rid of forma as construction material, I will personally crush each and every single one of you who petitioned for this skull using nothing more than a paper clip. Maybe 50 forma would be completely LOST, and now people can catch up with my epic dojo for next to nothing? No way. Even if the forma was refunded, I still would not be happy as I have put much time and energy into my dojo with only 1 other person, who joined half way through construction.

I can see removing forma as a requirement for rooms that don't fill any additional function, like connectors and elevators. It is an appropriate cost associated with things like Clan Halls, Reactors, Labs, etc, though. Also, Forma is a lot easier to get your hands on than people are willing to admit. I haven't bought a single piece of Forma, and neither have my clan mates, at least for the sake of dojo construction. It drops from the Void. It pops up in alerts. You can get it as a login reward. I've got like six pieces of Forma sitting in my inventory right now. Using Forma to build things is inconvenient, sure, but it's far from unreasonable.

If they get rid of forma as construction material, I will personally crush each and every single one of you who petitioned for this skull using nothing more than a paper clip. Maybe 50 forma would be completely LOST, and now people can catch up with my epic dojo for next to nothing? No way. Even if the forma was refunded, I still would not be happy as I have put much time and energy into my dojo with only 1 other person, who joined half way through construction.

whole-heartily agree. Making Dojo is supposed to be hard. And anyway I got up to build the entire research wing without major issues.

JWolfDash: Well, but why do you buy it? T3 Void has a high chance of dropping Forma BP, no matter what mission type you run. So get a full squad from your clan (or even two or three), do void runs and donate the Forma you get to your dojo. I have lost count on how many Forma I got when farming Mag, Frost and Braton Prime (and I still need parts for the latter two), so this is completely doable.

oh come on now you guys are just being silly with this suggestion of removing formas

Formas are one of the few ways of earning money for DE.

I myself just started a clan with a buddy but im ok with the usage of formas in clan bases.

besides getting formas isnt that hard.

t3 voids make it really easy to do so.

Edited by MrVoid

I've built my Dojo just with a friend. We waited until DE changed the prices to reflect the clan-size and split the forma-cost. Sure, it takes some time, but a huge pain? You're exaggerating a bit, don't you think? It was more difficult for us to research the bio-lab stuff, due to Mutagen mass only dropping in derelicts and the small amounts you get from each mission. Forma are pretty easy to obtain, if you think about it. Of course, you have to chose between donating it for the Dojo or using it on your equipment - but that's life, you sometimes just have to make choices.

• 1 month later...

That's not what was originally suggested.  Remove it from DOJO construction.  Keep it for sale for weapons and Warframes.

I think more specifically is replace Forma in the dojo with a separate resource, say Amorf, and keep the frequency and drop rate as is. So two items, same rarity but they aren't cutting into each other so when you farm for your frame and weapons you don't have to make a choice as to helping yourself or helping your clan. 

That's not what was originally suggested.  Remove it from DOJO construction.  Keep it for sale for weapons and Warframes.

i actually meant it as a part of Dojo construction. Besides now due to trade ... even getting plat isnt that hard for free players.

i always get a forma from a void survival run for 20min and its ez  to solo it .... been doing tht since a while :p

I do agree that forma should be removed from dojo build materials. But the sale of forma is ok =), Adding a polarity slot onto a weapon is a big change to the weapon itself and can be viewed as making the weapon into a prime weapon(just about). But coming from a small clan such as the one I am in, Buying forma will prove to be very exspensive to achieve any sort of usable dojo.

tl;dr

I totally agree with forma being removed from dojo building mats.

I do agree that forma should be removed from dojo build materials. But the sale of forma is ok =), Adding a polarity slot onto a weapon is a big change to the weapon itself and can be viewed as making the weapon into a prime weapon(just about). But coming from a small clan such as the one I am in, Buying forma will prove to be very exspensive to achieve any sort of usable dojo.

tl;dr

I totally agree with forma being removed from dojo building mats.

This. Developers, please make this happen. /Thread