Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

The Point is, that Forma, the way it's implemented now has 2 purposes

1. Building your dojo as a Clan

2. Improving your frame/weapons

these is somewhat counteractive as you have to decide not just to support your clan, you have to slow down your own progression by contributing Forma to it...

So there's not much you can make progression with once you have all weapons accessible to you and have all frames, except... Forma...

As how it's implemented now, I would not buy any keys to get the Forma, instead you can buy the Forma directly. So to be fair, thats not a rare chance, you can do the math (did it a few posts above, page 2 I think) but that doesn't make it any better...

Edit:

here's the Math again:

Still, it shouldn't be a requirement - those of us whom can't afford to pay are suffering since we can build a dojo, but in order to expand onto it, we need loads of forma to do anything. One of the features mentioned of update 8 was clan dueling rooms; that's the primary reason I decided to start up a small clan with my friends. But in order to get that, you need a reactor, a hallway, and then the dueling room - and in order to get any of that, you need forma, which you pretty much have to pay for unless you're willing to spend the next five years of your life grinding for the rare stuff. I think it's unfair.

Still, it shouldn't be a requirement - those of us whom can't afford to pay are suffering since we can build a dojo, but in order to expand onto it, we need loads of forma to do anything. One of the features mentioned of update 8 was clan dueling rooms; that's the primary reason I decided to start up a small clan with my friends. But in order to get that, you need a reactor, a hallway, and then the dueling room - and in order to get any of that, you need forma, which you pretty much have to pay for unless you're willing to spend the next five years of your life grinding for the rare stuff. I think it's unfair.

Unfair is relative for DE. They do tend to resolve the problem that permits them not to cut the budget.

That is 100% correct.

Forma as a building material was a very bad decision... (at least for the gameplay)

nothing to say against a special material, U8 also integrated a few new ones which are used in the research process...

why not giving us a material that drops in the void (as real drop and not an rng chance of 0.01% as end of mission loot)

Edited by HeatHunter

That is 100% correct.

Forma as a building material was a very bad decision... (at least for the gameplay)

nothing to say against a special material, U8 also integrated a few new ones which are used in the research process...

why not giving us a material that drops in the void (as real drop and not an rng chance of 0.01% as end of mission loot)

Well, that brings up a problem. If you have to buy a key or farm for it in order to get a "free" drop does it still be free or free with a key?

Forma as a rare item drop? Like a blue one for void missions? Might be doable. +1'd

no, you misunderstood...

Forma as it's implemented atm is a bad thing...

why?

simple, you always have to choose on spending it for your own progression to add new polarities to your weapons/frames or to help your clan building the dojo...

What I meant was a totally new Resource like the blue ones, but which you only use as a building material...

There would be no conflict in using it then...

Edit:

Well, that brings up a problem. If you have to buy a key or farm for it in order to get a "free" drop does it still be free or free with a key?

Farming keys works pretty well atm if you do it as a clan.

The dropchance of keys is low, but all get the same, so you can multiply the keys by 4 (if you have at least 4 members in your clan) and a farmed key is definately free... (altho I agree, that this is a pain, but you can do this while you grind the resources...)

but the Dropchances of the new Material have to be fair then...

Edited by HeatHunter

Forma should be removed from dojo building. Maybe it could be used to RUSH the building, but it should be no REQUIREMENT.

Rush is a feature made with platinum, removing it or changing it will damage their economy, and plus I'm against it.

I would actually be okay with needing forma for the dojo, but I never expect DE to give me and my friends the short end of the stick and not even allow me to make a damn T-SECTION.

At least remove the forma from connectors, because this is freaking ridiculous right now.

no, you misunderstood...

Forma as it's implemented atm is a bad thing...

why?

simple, you always have to choose on spending it for your own progression to add new polarities to your weapons/frames or to help your clan building the dojo...

What I meant was a totally new Resource like the blue ones, but which you only use as a building material...

There would be no conflict in using it then...

The issue you talk about is right. Beside from my own pov, have to choose between personal growth and clan supremacy is wrong.

I would actually be okay with needing forma for the dojo, but I never expect DE to give me and my friends the short end of the stick and not even allow me to make a damn T-SECTION.

At least remove the forma from connectors, because this is freaking ridiculous right now.

So you approve of crafting something with resources that aren't free? So where is the choice between free and premium?

Well... you can earn them for free... in a very difficult way.

For example yesterday a got a forma from the daily reward.

I agree that they should be removed (at least from connectors) but saying they arent free is wrong.

They hard "extremely hard to get for free"

It seems clear that adding Forma to the crafting requirement is a way for DE to try to grab a bit more money, or to slow down some clans so that big major ones get more prestige, the problem is, it is annoying, gives a bad image, and is too easly exploiteable, make new account, use the 50 starter plat to buy 2 forma, add forma to the research

hopefully DE will understand our point of view as they did so many times before, and do something about it

Well... you can earn them for free... in a very difficult way.

For example yesterday a got a forma from the daily reward.

I agree that they should be removed (at least from connectors) but saying they arent free is wrong.

They hard "extremely hard to get for free"

If one day you'll have to chose between paying for a control module or farming ONE for hours with the addition that farming it requires the farming of a key that gives you the opportunity of ONE run you'll be ok with this? Edited by Zantestsuken

It seems clear that adding Forma to the crafting requirement is a way for DE to try to grab a bit more money, or to slow down some clans so that big major ones get more prestige, the problem is, it is annoying, gives a bad image, and is too easly exploiteable, make new account, use the 50 starter plat to buy 2 forma, add forma to the research

hopefully DE will understand our point of view as they did so many times before, and do something about it

thats a really interesting idea in times of trashmail ^^

unless I think it's not intended by DE this seems to be an effective way to circumvent the costs for just building the dojo...

does someone know if it violates the EULA using multiple accounts?

If one day you'll have to chose between paying for a control module or farming ONE for hours with the addition that farming it requires the farming of a key that gives you the opportunity of ONE run you'll be ok with this?

not to mention all the crap the rng spills out atm.

Imagine, once you are done farming frost prime and the other stuff that drops in the void.

You'll end up having an inventury full of BP's you don't want but which are a byproduct of the farming (which would be ok, if you did not need to farm the key in the first place)

Edited by HeatHunter

thats a really interesting idea in times of trashmail ^^

unless I think it's not intended by DE this seems to be an effective way to circumvent the costs for just building the dojo...

does someone know if it violates the EULA using multiple accounts?

It's just wrong. By doing this your silently accepting the method of crafting something with platinum. That will lead to close those who perpetrate this fraud, and will even send them the message that Forma is right for building dojo because everyone is adapting to that format.

It's just wrong. By doing this your silently accepting the method of crafting something with platinum. That will lead to close those who perpetrate this fraud, and will even send them the message that Forma is right for building dojo because everyone is adapting to that format.

You're possibly right, would be better if they just remove the Forma from the cost-panel instead of forcing us to such shady methods to see new content...

You're possibly right, would be better if they just remove the Forma from the cost-panel instead of forcing us to such shady methods to see new content...

This makes me even more mad! You see what they have done? Making people leave or transforming US into thiefs. I personally will keep my crusade against this S#&$. But there's a great chance that already people are using this method. Before U8 I thought how awesome this game was. But this change had turned the whole game upside down

This makes me even more mad! You see what they have done? Making people leave or transforming US into thiefs. I personally will keep my crusade against this S#&$. But there's a great chance that already people are using this method. Before U8 I thought how awesome this game was. But this change had turned the whole game upside down

personally I play the game like U7 atm. IT's fine if a key drops, but I'll never buy them for plat. Also I'm not willing to join a 100 member+ clan to get the Blueprints for new weapons and hopefully the reconsider the dropchances and/or remove Forma from the building requirements...

Hopefully U9 is something fair for the playerbase again...

I liked somebodys idea where forma, or some other made up resource name as forma is a polarity changer etc, would drop in Void missions. That way making us have to find a Void Key, and then enter the Void to get that material would be a good way to resolve the issue. Whoever wants to pay, will buy keys and enter the Void for those keys, while whoever prefers to farm will have to work much harder along with the clan, have a better use on his keys to reach Void, and have a harder time to build up the dojo, making the process slower, but free.

It would be similar to farming warframe parts, you can buy it for plat, or go on endless 70+ runs if RNG is against you to get the whole warframe, seems like a legit approach for the system this f2p game has.

I myself could buy those fancy forma for my clans dojo (we are a total of 3 members), but I refuse to spend money on what could get my weapons even higher upgraded and extend my participation ingame, farming resources and getting my stuff to 30 again and again on a dojo, when I could just join a gigantic clan after the researched stuff and literally spend 0 money as they already have the whole dojo built. I wont do this, as i wanted a small close friend clan, but lots of people did this, and its ruining a lot of the fun I expected on this update tbh.

I liked somebodys idea where forma, or some other made up resource name as forma is a polarity changer etc, would drop in Void missions. That way making us have to find a Void Key, and then enter the Void to get that material would be a good way to resolve the issue. Whoever wants to pay, will buy keys and enter the Void for those keys, while whoever prefers to farm will have to work much harder along with the clan, have a better use on his keys to reach Void, and have a harder time to build up the dojo, making the process slower, but free.

It would be similar to farming warframe parts, you can buy it for plat, or go on endless 70+ runs if RNG is against you to get the whole warframe, seems like a legit approach for the system this f2p game has.

I myself could buy those fancy forma for my clans dojo (we are a total of 3 members), but I refuse to spend money on what could get my weapons even higher upgraded and extend my participation ingame, farming resources and getting my stuff to 30 again and again on a dojo, when I could just join a gigantic clan after the researched stuff and literally spend 0 money as they already have the whole dojo built. I wont do this, as i wanted a small close friend clan, but lots of people did this, and its ruining a lot of the fun I expected on this update tbh.

Farming for resources is the alternative to buy something, if you have to farm for doing another farm is a double farm. Next thing you'll see is thatin order to do something for free you'll have to farm bp of components wich are requested for the actual bp of the weapon. Farming 100k stuffsis already a gigantic, but fair, farming process. Putting even forma is a word that in my language can't be translated in english. But the short version is SCAM

You do realize you can already get forma as void key rewards, right?