Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

I am sorry, but 4 peoples in clan with 4 keys = 16 forma, not 12.. (1 member hosts + 3 invites = 1 key and 4 forma BP)

And if you will farm IO, Venera, and more defenses around to 15 wave, you clan will have much keys..

You did understand why we're asking to remove Forma, right? Or you miss the whole crafting should be entirely free and not covered with some lucky farm? Please read the thread before posting something that we went to explain already.

Learn how to read.

I stated some people did 100+ runs and got ONLY 3 Forma, therefore 3 multiplied by 4 clan members in these runs = 12 Forma.

Also you are going by the premise that everybody will be lucky and get keys, Ive heard from people that did 40-50 hours on defense missions and didnt get a single key. So again, how to expect getting Forma if they cant get the keys, and when they get the key, they have 1 chance, in 33,333 to get a Forma?

In case you again didnt quite get the maths, 100 runs and 3 Forma, 100/3= 33,333

So yes, Forma has to be or eliminated, or reduced to a cost viable to clans that arent composed of 100+ members.

I think he missed the whole mental process we did. Maybe he looked at the title and answer before reading.

yeah would be fine to know if they have anything planned for the dojo costs, especially regarding Forma as a material...

Maybe someone can ask during the stream, have seen in the last streams, that they read some questions in the end... (I won't be around that time)

yeah would be fine to know if they have anything planned for the dojo costs, especially regarding Forma as a material...

Maybe someone can ask during the stream, have seen in the last streams, that they read some questions in the end... (I won't be around that time)

personally I've posted them this topic a gajilion times. Hope they read and give an answer. I'm starting to becoming kinda edgy and pissed.

At the very least they should remove Formas being used to make hallways, I really dislike the idea of having to spend rare items just to make a hallway that lets me build more things requiring more Formas.

At the very least they should remove Formas being used to make hallways, I really dislike the idea of having to spend rare items just to make a hallway that lets me build more things requiring more Formas.

Well it does help but misses the point. Going throug the direction of charging a resource is wrong. Is Forma was only needed for polarizing that will be fine.

I hope it's simply a matter of not thinking things through. The alternative would mean they're actively trying to cash in on smaller clans who have no secondary method of acquiring Forma.

There have been some speculation made from me and others in the community about if they thought this throug or just an accident. Useless to say it seems something they've planned.

There have been some speculation made from me and others in the community about if they thought this throug or just an accident. Useless to say it seems something they've planned.

After rebeccas post yesterday I dont think it was intended.

They fixed rates (still need somebodys confirmation on that), keys are popping up more, and people that had big losses with keys are getting some refund, including probably Forma.

The clan sizes where supposed to be a 50 person clan size, and Steve said they are going to talk about that on the live today.

So lets all calm down and see what are the future changes. They fixed major bugs during the last hotfixes, and got certain frames to a balance, like Ash. So lets all wait and it will be all settled, the devs have always listened and tried to get things well balanced for the community.

Forma is enough as improving weapon and warframe after 30 levels and that function i think that is enough. The Forma is not problematic really just very rare and nearly 95% chance you will buy earlier Forma than you find one on missions. Btw i get 1 Forma in daily rewards but this was just a luck coz as a rule you given xp or credit which is a bit dissapointing coz these stuff very common from missions and it would be maybe good to reduce the chance to get those.

they just said that they are looking into the costs and that small clans are around 50 ppl which would have 20 ppl excessivly playing

so not much love the tiny RL friendship Clans... <50 ppl

They designed the dojo as a long term goal for those sized clans...

a little bit disappointing that they didn't even mention this thread, as it has the most replys to date...(regarding this matter)

Just putting my two cents in.

Maybe forma doesn't need to be removed entirely, the concept of priviledge and prestige is always welcome in my book.

However, I do agree with the lowering of the cost, especially for small clans.

I propose that 1, maybe 2 forma is required for high tier rooms, such as weapons labs and possibly bigger rooms in the future.

Anything else, like hallways and elevators should require mats and money, IMHO

The arguments for Forma removal from Dojo building are understandable, but not much valid. One can see this everywhere, IRL as well as in gaming. People tend to make others responsible for their actions somehow, which is a nightmare. I put in an example.

You can say: I cant level fast, cause I dont have experienced friend who could teach me...devs, take care of it, let me level faster. Now my answer - stfu, your fcn personal problem, find an experienced player somehow, your way. You cant find anyone - you will level slow.

Same with having small clan. Uaaaaaa....we caaant build huge Dojooo cause we are small claaan. Yeah, and thats why it is logical, you will have small Dojo omg! Stop whining like smal girls, and make more members, or simply buy the forma, or find someone who buy it, or.... If you cant - you will have small Dojo, point. I cant see the problem. If you wana bigger car, get a better job, whining doesnt help - or does it?

Translation - we are lame, devs help us to get all that sweet shiny cookies easier, so dont wana make us sweat. 

We have here in this game so much help already. We know which materials are in each planet, no need to scan, no need to search. We know what mission drops are. And, the top point is - if you are KIA, you even keep all your gear. So for realistic geeks - lets delete Forma from the Dojo Connectors, right, but lets loose all your gear if killed in the action. How you like it now? (I hear the whining again...?) And there are games like that, trust me, you loose everything in one second before you say fck.......

Point for devs: think about to what behaviour you would like to motivate people. If you keep the relative price for Forma high and bound to Platinum--->Forma with no other interactions, still part of the Dojo building, people will tend to join larger clans and vice versa. What is your target, what is better for community, for players, for the game experience, what is more resonating with your future plans for the game ? Think for yourself. 

cheers!

*And stop whining - you are supersoldiers, superwarriors, not Barbie lovers! 

Edited by Rudraya

No, HELL NO. And next time you open a trollbait thread like this please state why you think its a scam, this is a coop game, there is no reason why you should feel scammed for being able to farm something that you can also buy in the item mall.

If your problem is about the actual dificulty of farming neural sensors etc, then yes that is an issue, but that and this are DIFFERENT THINGS. Just because you dont like farming for the materials doesnt mean the actual item should disapear from the market.

What would that solve? you cant farm them so you want to get rid of them in the market? so what will you do after they are no longer available in the market, farm them? see how ridiculous it is to just use the forums as an outlet to whine about something that does not affect you at all? this is a totally coop game, its not going to give platinum users an edge because there is no pvp in the first place, so this thread is just plain trollbait in my opinion, and should be locked.

@Rudraya  true, the price might be a little out there if you consider maxing multiple weapons, but read the topic title, thats the topic, and it is ridiculous.  And besides the end result is ridiculously op, why should you be able to max your weapons so easily and with so little cash? just think of it as an alternative when you need to polarise a single slot in a hurry or something similar. There are no levels in this game except weapon levels, and orokin reactors and catalists kinda defeat that porpouse, if you add to that easy to obtain forma, what would people grind for? mods? the admins have to make sure people keep playing the game, remember that to them it is a job not just a game, they need to keep us busy inbetween updates, at least remember that before you talk about how the game "should be".

Making demands is easy when playing a free to play game, but i think the game is perfectly fine as it is, and that includes the market and its prices. What do you want them to charge for Forma, 10 platinum?

Are you ready to see hordes of twinked characters that 1 hit everything before you have a chance to even aim? specially when there is no level etc to keep twinked characters away from host sessions made by rookies? do you want to force people into private sessions just to avoid such twinked characters? do you want to see the devs have to do complete balance overhauls just to make the game harder for platinum players, meanwhile making it impossible, or a complete grindfest for free players? well that is what will happen fi you start asking for Forma to be practically free, people will start totting fully modded maxed weapons like it was 4th of july in Texas.

No, HELL NO. And next time you open a trollbait thread like this please state why you think its a scam, this is a coop game, there is no reason why you should feel scammed for being able to farm something that you can also buy in the item mall.

If your problem is about the actual dificulty of farming neural sensors etc, then yes that is an issue, but that and this are DIFFERENT THINGS. Just because you dont like farming for the materials doesnt mean the actual item should disapear from the market.

What would that solve? you cant farm them so you want to get rid of them in the market? so what will you do after they are no longer available in the market, farm them? see how ridiculous it is to just use the forums as an outlet to whine about something that does not affect you at all? this is a totally coop game, its not going to give platinum users an edge because there is no pvp in the first place, so this thread is just plain trollbait in my opinion, and should be locked.

@Rudraya  true, the price might be a little out there if you consider maxing multiple weapons, but read the topic title, thats the topic, and it is ridiculous.  And besides the end result is ridiculously op, why should you be able to max your weapons so easily and with so little cash? just think of it as an alternative when you need to polarise a single slot in a hurry or something similar. There are no levels in this game except weapon levels, and orokin reactors and catalists kinda defeat that porpouse, if you add to that easy to obtain forma, what would people grind for? mods? the admins have to make sure people keep playing the game, remember that to them it is a job not just a game, they need to keep us busy inbetween updates, at least remember that before you talk about how the game "should be".

Making demands is easy when playing a free to play game, but i think the game is perfectly fine as it is, and that includes the market and its prices. What do you want them to charge for Forma, 10 platinum?

Are you ready to see hordes of twinked characters that 1 hit everything before you have a chance to even aim? specially when there is no level etc to keep twinked characters away from host sessions made by rookies? do you want to force people into private sessions just to avoid such twinked characters? do you want to see the devs have to do complete balance overhauls just to make the game harder for platinum players, meanwhile making it impossible, or a complete grindfest for free players? well that is what will happen fi you start asking for Forma to be practically free, people will start totting fully modded maxed weapons like it was 4th of july in Texas.

Dude. This point shows you didn't even read a thing.

The arguments for Forma removal from Dojo building are understandable, but not much valid. One can see this everywhere, IRL as well as in gaming. People tend to make others responsible for their actions somehow, which is a nightmare. I put in an example.

You can say: I cant level fast, cause I dont have experienced friend who could teach me...devs, take care of it, let me level faster. Now my answer - stfu, your fcn personal problem, find an experienced player somehow, your way. You cant find anyone - you will level slow.

Same with having small clan. Uaaaaaa....we caaant build huge Dojooo cause we are small claaan. Yeah, and thats why it is logical, you will have small Dojo omg! Stop whining like smal girls, and make more members, or simply buy the forma, or find someone who buy it, or.... If you cant - you will have small Dojo, point. I cant see the problem. If you wana bigger car, get a better job, whining doesnt help - or does it?

Translation - we are lame, devs help us to get all that sweet shiny cookies easier, so dont wana make us sweat. 

We have here in this game so much help already. We know which materials are in each planet, no need to scan, no need to search. We know what mission drops are. And, the top point is - if you are KIA, you even keep all your gear. So for realistic geeks - lets delete Forma from the Dojo Connectors, right, but lets loose all your gear if killed in the action. How you like it now? (I hear the whining again...?) And there are games like that, trust me, you loose everything in one second before you say fck.......

Point for devs: think about to what behaviour you would like to motivate people. If you keep the relative price for Forma high and bound to Platinum--->Forma with no other interactions, still part of the Dojo building, people will tend to join larger clans and vice versa. What is your target, what is better for community, for players, for the game experience, what is more resonating with your future plans for the game ? Think for yourself. 

cheers!

*And stop whining - you are supersoldiers, superwarriors, not Barbie lovers!

Did you understand the point where I was saying farming and crafting is free? Do you know that before update 8 almost every weapon costed credits? Losing items by KIA was a Diablo 2 thing. This is a TPS

The main point discussed here was that to obtain Forma is very difficult, and for smaller clans it is not possible to obtain huge Dojo and that it shouldnt be part of building and so on. What I am saying is that Forma should of course stay there, and I am going to buy something every month, even I bought  yesterday the Grand Master founder pack, and so I will not actually need it for some time, packed with platinum. So all whining Barbies should just accept the difficulty and work towards getting max from what the CAN. Small clans will have small Dojo - quite logical, isnt it? Forma should of course cost 20 platinum and the amount of it for Dojo should remain, point. 

My last point if you see, is for devs - they need to decide what is the actual aim of the game. I have no clue whats their plan for few years, what they plan and see, but I can see amazing potential, and might be the point of "I have all maxed" will not be the point in the future, or they simply add lvl 100 to the current lvl 30 and it is done.... Or they add persistent universe, and we will all be overdosed forever.. :D

You ask what would people grind for. What if it will just be an experience in a quite different possibilities, we can see today? You know - I have 3 accounts in EVE Online (that was meant by KIA loss, real fcn money recount) each with 3 char slots, and once I kind of maxed one ship, and skills for that ship... wtf should I grind for? For another ship, and for another rig, gun, neural interface, whatever? Sure. But it wass more towards an experience with other players, tactics, setup, production, research, and war. This is what I await here, and for what I see, it is quite heading this way ;) 

The main point discussed here was that to obtain Forma is very difficult, and for smaller clans it is not possible to obtain huge Dojo and that it shouldnt be part of building and so on. What I am saying is that Forma should of course stay there, and I am going to buy something every month, even I bought  yesterday the Grand Master founder pack, and so I will not actually need it for some time, packed with platinum. So all whining Barbies should just accept the difficulty and work towards getting max from what the CAN. Small clans will have small Dojo - quite logical, isnt it? Forma should of course cost 20 platinum and the amount of it for Dojo should remain, point. 

My last point if you see, is for devs - they need to decide what is the actual aim of the game. I have no clue whats their plan for few years, what they plan and see, but I can see amazing potential, and might be the point of "I have all maxed" will not be the point in the future, or they simply add lvl 100 to the current lvl 30 and it is done.... Or they add persistent universe, and we will all be overdosed forever.. :D

You ask what would people grind for. What if it will just be an experience in a quite different possibilities, we can see today? You know - I have 3 accounts in EVE Online (that was meant by KIA loss, real fcn money recount) each with 3 char slots, and once I kind of maxed one ship, and skills for that ship... wtf should I grind for? For another ship, and for another rig, gun, neural interface, whatever? Sure. But it wass more towards an experience with other players, tactics, setup, production, research, and war. This is what I await here, and for what I see, it is quite heading this way ;)

You didn't get the point. It's not a clan size matter, is that Forma as a construction material should be free and obtainable as the other rare resources. Putting it as a reward only for void is OK if it was just a polarazing item. As a resource they need to find an alternative. Next thing will be control module pack of 5 for 75 plat.

PS Spare me the "Devs need to eat" crap. I've done my part by buying a fair share, but this is a death sentence to all those people who will play forfree before thinking about paying.