Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

Did you understand the point where I was saying farming and crafting is free? Do you know that before update 8 almost every weapon costed credits? Losing items by KIA was a Diablo 2 thing. This is a TPS

Yep, I understood it. 

You didn't get the point. It's not a clan size matter, is that Forma as a construction material should be free and obtainable as the other rare resources. Putting it as a reward only for void is OK if it was just a polarazing item. As a resource they need to find an alternative. Next thing will be control module pack of 5 for 75 plat.

PS Spare me the "Devs need to eat" crap. I've done my part by buying a fair share, but this is a death sentence to all those people who will play forfree before thinking about paying.

Forma is obtainable from Void, same way as other resources are obtainable in one solar system and in an another they are not - where is the problem? You wana Forma? Make voids. Is it very rare? Yes, it is, so make more voids - Dojo is a prestige thing, not some kind of given right for everyone to have it done after playing 2 week. Not everyone can easily have a Dojo, that simple. 

No, devs dont need to eat, sorry for confusing you. They have mod called "living from air" leveled to 100% :D

It is normal sentence. If people who play for free like the game, they can start to invest to get more of the game - again, where is the problem?? If they like it, it should be normal. You like it - pay to get more (like Dojo..). Still dont see the issue. 

Forma is obtainable from Void, same way as other resources are obtainable in one solar system and in an another they are not - where is the problem? You wana Forma? Make voids. Is it very rare? Yes, it is, so make more voids - Dojo is a prestige thing, not some kind of given right for everyone to have it done after playing 2 week. Not everyone can easily have a Dojo, that simple. 

No, devs dont need to eat, sorry for confusing you. They have mod called "living from air" leveled to 100% :D

It is normal sentence. If people who play for free like the game, they can start to invest to get more of the game - again, where is the problem?? If they like it, it should be normal. You like it - pay to get more (like Dojo..). Still dont see the issue.

You made your point. Disagree completly. But at least yougave voice to those who agree with this changes.

Yeah, it could be required in Reactor rooms and Labs, as the tech is clearly high-tier, but come on, corridors?

Yep, corridors as well, of course. The corridors are connecting the different parts of the Dojo together, connecting it including the energy flow from Reactor, Labs... Basicaly the Forma is able to change the normal slot of the gear, for a polarity slot, making the gear unique and (now the important part), it basically decreases the energy consumption of the slot if propperly modded. Thats why we do it, right? 

So now, why the corridor shouldnt have the Forma for the same purpose - optimizing the energy (or capacity if you like) flow throughout the Dojo? I always saw it this way - as an optimizing unit.

So, my take on this topic:
I think DESteve made same fairly reasonable points in the livestream about everyone wanting the new stuff now, and being disappointed they had to work for it. And they had thought it would be more rewarding for players to work hard towards it.

However...  I agree with the statement that Forma is (at least for our small clan) the defining problem. Every other component of the dojo can be found while doing ANY other activitiy in Warframe so if you have a small 7ish people clan like us you have a slow but very steady progress towards new parts of your dojo and 5k nanospores there or 1k alloy here does not really hurt anyone. So, soon we had our first crossconnector financed... almost.

That's were the Forma comes in and tied into that is the problem with the definition of a small clan, but I'll come to that in a bit.
Steve said they were big on the rewarding feel players would have, and I agree on the most rooms - but having found your first forma (in the 12 hour alert...) crafting it and comitting it to build a ... hallway... somehow does not really feel rewarding. You need to spend Forma, to get to the point were you can spend Forma and feel rewarded - I'm sorry for me that does not really cut it - people may be of other opinion though.

Then at last a short visit to the clan sizes. A full, most efficient research setup needs 75 forma (says the wiki) we had a 12 hour alert with a guranteed forma. If you are a 5-10ish clan you barely got one maybe two hallways out of it (sorry about going on about hallways) if you were a small clan per DE definition (50 people, which I think is a bit odd in a game that limits you to 4 members per squad) and the majority of your players (35-40) managed to get a Forma out of the livestream alert -> Congratulations you just managed to get around half of the needed Forma in one sweep.

TL;DR
Building dojos can take long at a steady pace, but the randomness of forma and it's use for the hallways make this particular aspect not feel rewarding.

I play with a small clan I have about 5 people I can count on for my Clan. We love getting to gather items to build our Dojo. The Forma is the big issue for us we don't have much between us. I'm not completely against it being used to build items in the Dojo I think it should be a part of it. As GraalOhOtonami said it could be used for the shiney special rules but having to spend 5 on a hallway is a lot of ouch. I think lowering the cost to one for hallways would be great. They could leave the higher cost for special rooms like reactor rooms and labs. Something needs to change with the Forma and Dojos if they are really interested in keeping small clans.

Well from what it reads like, they are tackling the exact issues that at least bugged me with the current system. So I will just suspend with further comments and wait for the things to come, which sound quite statisfactory/impressive. No need to beat a dead horse in the meantime.

Well from what it reads like, they are tackling the exact issues that at least bugged me with the current system. So I will just suspend with further comments and wait for the things to come, which sound quite statisfactory/impressive. No need to beat a dead horse in the meantime.

Agree

Beg your pardon? Didn't get your point. Can you be more specific?

It sounds like hes referencing the fact that each of the Researched weapons requires a Forma to build, which is simply ridiculous. They might as well start requiring Orokin Reactors to build new Warframes. 

He doesn't know how the weapon will play for him but he's already spending a Forma just to make the research weapons, that's not something you can get back without some serious grinding.

It sounds like hes referencing the fact that each of the Researched weapons requires a Forma to build, which is simply ridiculous. They might as well start requiring Orokin Reactors to build new Warframes. 

Thanks I didn't get the point.

Now, don't give them ideas, please!

I hope they respond on this. Forma is way too rare and way too needed to be only in Alerts, Logins, Void, and real money.

If they leave the required number, than Forma needs to drop in normal missions too.

They treat it like a normal potato, but it's a required material and this makes it unfair. It's far more important than any normal potato.

I hope they respond on this. Forma is way too rare and way too needed to be only in Alerts, Logins, Void, and real money.

If they leave the required number, than Forma needs to drop in normal missions too.

They treat it like a normal potato, but it's a required material and this makes it unfair. It's far more important than any normal potato.

and of yourse you need much more of it...

you need exact one potato per gun.

If you want to get the most of it you need 8 for one gun (just if you gun has no polarity slots of yourse)

And thats the point of why it should not be used as a building material...

This thread is not about whining because Forma is hard to get (even if thats true)

It's due to the fact, that Forma has 2 purposes...

the one is to make YOU better (thats fine for me)

and the other is to make YOUR clan better by spending it on the buildings...

So every time you have a Forma, you now have to decide to spend it for you, or your clan...

Adding a material which is obtainable during Void missions, like other materials are obtainable suring normal missions could solve that problem...

Consider this as signatture to the pettition to remove forma from dojo construction. I don't think any crafting materials (dojo or otherwise) should be possible to buy. (though I noticed some blue prints like twin vipers technically have that too)

Forma is fine for every other construction cost EXCEPT hallways, connectors, and elevators. Research SHOULD cost it, however, as to promote longevity to the game. Hell, removing the cost on hallways, connectors, and elevators can be balanced by adding the cost, or increasing the cost for the research labs and various other places

I also think the price is fine as it is in the market as if it were purchased with platinum.

What I think would be a neat idea, while facilitating current forma cost, is once the dojo is built (the initial hall you start in, unmodified and what have you) has a terminal that can offer Forma blueprints at, say, a largely inflated credit price. As it stands, the credit intake is way too high right now and having a credit sink would be both beneficial to the economy and better credit expenditures, especially considering a single T3-E or T3-R results in 70k+ credits.

I was thinking 250k-500k credits for a forma blueprint in the aforementioned initial hall's terminal

and of yourse you need much more of it...

you need exact one potato per gun.

If you want to get the most of it you need 8 for one gun (just if you gun has no polarity slots of yourse)

And thats the point of why it should not be used as a building material...

This thread is not about whining because Forma is hard to get (even if thats true)

It's due to the fact, that Forma has 2 purposes...

the one is to make YOU better (thats fine for me)

and the other is to make YOUR clan better by spending it on the buildings...

So every time you have a Forma, you now have to decide to spend it for you, or your clan...

Adding a material which is obtainable during Void missions, like other materials are obtainable suring normal missions could solve that problem...

You got my point 100% right.

P.s. I'll be away for some day since I'm in vacation. I will try to answer as often as I can