Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5.4 Hotfixes

[DE]Steve

Guest DarkAuthority

Well the game is a Co-Op Shooter. Usually the zone the alert mission is in gives you a pretty good estimate of what you'll be up against, especially the mission the alert is on. But it would be good if the alert mission description itself displayed the enemy level range.

You misunderstood my point. The game is supposed to be dynamically adjusting its difficulty level to the player (in the same way region bosses get tougher more players is playing), so save me your 'bold'. Thank you.

Edited by DarkAuthority

1~4 players.

I'm sure they'll balance it so it's soloable and still fun with 4 people. It's an ongoing process.

Also, I just tried to solo a pluto infested defense alert. Ends up with 3 ancient disruptors wailing at the pod, which does no damage at all. And then the toxic ancient I was kiting around the upper floor lost interest in me and join the pod hitting fun. Pod went from 100% to 0% in less than 30 seconds.

Sure, you can play the game alone, but I'm pretty sure the main focus is Co-Op. Just like you can play any MMO alone (Yes, Warframe isn't an MMO, but the comparison is valid, in MMOs you can complete most game content solo, but there are also things that require more than one player).

Edited by Nirrti

Guest DarkAuthority

Game isnt balanced for solo play unless you wanna roll over lv5 enemies as 30/30/30/30 character

Well, it depends on your setup really. I can manage alone all Pluto levels, yet 55+ seems simply too high. There is just too many of them shooting too fast and dropping not enough energy. My setup is solid and I am an advanced player by now, so this is not that much about skill, as about simple doability of particular setting. Since there is the solo mode, I believe not everything should be auto adjusted for the co-op.

Plus, if you want to level up fast, playing higher leveled infestation levels solo would be the best way.

Plus2, so far the alert levels were very easy. The change from level 1-5 enemies up to level 50-60 is just drastic.

As said, add info what difficulty is to be expected and it will be all okay.

Edited by DarkAuthority

Anyone, please help me :(

i just uninstall my client because i've met error when try to updating version (GM told me to do that)

after waitin arround 5 hours i finally completed download the game, but again...

i click update and then error, click update again error again (15x try)

any idea friend ?, im totally messed up :'(

-Fixed a long-standing memory corruption bug that was the cause of many random crashes.

-Mod drop levels determined by enemy killed not your inventory. No more farming Mercury for level 30 Mods.

-Foundry enforced player level requirements. Fix checks for unranked players.

-Signin rewards UI shows required days to reach tiers.

-Fix crashes in AI and animation.

-Fix for doors/elevator problems with join-in-progress.

-Energy cost changes for Volt and Ash.

-Fix elemental effects not showing on Scindo, Frago and many crafted Swords and Daggers.

-Additional attack animation for Scindo and Frago

-Stamina Mods for Warframes added.

Awesome fixes guys. Lovin' dis.<3

Its over because they did necessary adjustments to Volt?

Pretty pathetic reason to stop playing a free game because of some changes to a warframe if you ask me...

I'm having difficulty as to seeing why it was necassary, as well as why ability use is being controlled in a co-op game.

Corpus doors - not completely fixed, but we are working on it. Mod drops level changes not working 100%, we're looking at this as well. Done with the game because of Volt changes? Sorry to hear that, we're working on it, the majority of the recent balance changes come from reading these forums and trying to quickly respond to player feedback.

I'm having difficulty as to seeing why it was necassary, as well as why ability use is being controlled in a co-op game.

Problem we saw was very much a coop control problem. Modded Volt walks into a room - wipes at all enemies across the level. It is not fair to other players or interesting for the future of the game if there is one perfect Warframe that makes the others sit idle.

Ability use spamming is not good for solo or coop. However, the shared energy included in these fixes really increases the amount of ability use possible.

If anyone is unable to see why it was necessary to cool Volt's jets when he could march into the Hades boss room, press 4 and GG the boss, the entire room and three rooms further, without doing anything else, then that person has a skewed perception of what a balanced game is. Subsequent QQ of how Volt no longer facerolls everything cannot be taken seriously - sorry. And if you won't play unless you are riding the (extremely overpowered) lightning, then ... well, farewell. You didn't come here to support, beta-test or help with the game, you came here for a freebie and early-access to a game and when they took away your candy, you threw a fit.

Is Volt where it needs to be? Probably not. Does he need to be "[4], GG guys, level is dead!" ? Certainly not.

Problem we saw was very much a coop control problem. Modded Volt walks into a room - wipes at all enemies across the level. It is not fair to other players or interesting for the future of the game if there is one perfect Warframe that makes the others sit idle.

Ability use spamming is not good for solo or coop. However, the shared energy included in these fixes really increases the amount of ability use possible.

Can't Mag, Ash and Ember all do pretty much the same thing?

Also just logged on and noticed overload is back to original cost so seeing that the fix says now does radial damage does that just mean the range has been reduced to a more focused area around volt?

"No more farming Mercury for level 30 Mods." Doh! :D

New mini-map is so good.

Would it be weapon's "stats" fix? Coz acc. on rifles cant be 100(for instance "Burston") and we need more detailed stats, with all + to dmg and other stats from perks and mods, etc.

Can't Mag, Ash and Ember all do pretty much the same thing?

Also just logged on and noticed overload is back to original cost so seeing that the fix says now does radial damage does that just mean the range has been reduced to a more focused area around volt?

Yes - problem was there was an expontential growth aspect to Volt when combined with ranged mods. Volt's power needs light sources within range, those light sources then damage within another range. The range mods created map-clearing problems (light source range daisy-chaining forever). The range exploit on lights has been fixed, the range around lights has been increased slightly and there is damage around Volt now as well in case you cast in a situation where there are no nearby light sources.

Yes - problem was there was an expontential growth aspect to Volt when combined with ranged mods. Volt's power needs light sources within range, those light sources then damage within another range. The range mods created map-clearing problems (light source range daisy-chaining forever). The range exploit on lights has been fixed, the range around lights has been increased slightly and there is damage around Volt now as well in case you cast in a situation where there are no nearby light sources.

Well then I'm rather impressed by the change o.o

Just played a few rounds and having more fun with him then ever.

I'm back to using shock and speed more often now

Shared energy is great.

And I had noticed that if a ceiling was too high or there weren't enough lights some enemies would escape unscathed.

So very cool that he has radial damage now.

Had no idea correctly modded volts were wiping out entire maps, the extent of what I was seeing, and reading seemed that people were merely complaining that they didn't get to use their ults first.

I Apologize if my OP came across a bit rude.

Had no idea correctly modded volts were wiping out entire maps

That was pretty much it.

You'd start the map, trigger Ulti as soon as you had 100E, and then it would chain on forever, with you just running past mobs that died as they spawned, being hit for 6000 damage. Including the boss. It was complete facerolling.