Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Remove/toggle The Flashlight Already?

Lukap99

One of the things that still bugs me about the game is that we, a.k.a. Space cyborg ninja hitmen, still use flashlights.

No explanation is given for their existence, nor for their ability to be completely ignored by enemies somehow.

Some players, like myself, prefer to have a more atmospheric game. So a toggle would be nice.

Or if flashlights become canon, at least upgrade them so they don't sway all over the place with akimbo pistols. And possibly add a science-y explanation, like the flash light is actually infrared/ultraviolet/orokin/magic or something. 

So yeah, that's it. I hope this thread doesn't die after two replies.

TL;DR
Give us toggle flashlights

Or overhaul them and give us night-vision (Tenno vision?) instead.

Edited by Lukap99

Since when? I have my brightness up and many tilesets are still way too dark.

It doesn't need removal; it needs a toggle button.

I don't know about you, but I never seem to have this problem.

Are you sure it isn't your monitor or contrast setting?

I'd rather we get a flashlight toggle and better flashlight bulbs. 

I'd prefer that mods like Enemy Sense and Enemy Radar provide highlight outlines on enemies in addition to minimap markers (which would be infinitely more useful and work well with punch-through weapons). 

Also, the flashlight should be attached to our Warframes so that it doesn't wobble all over the place when we move around. 

Yep. And I know I'm not the only one. 

There's little to be gained from removing it and nothing to be lost from giving it a toggle key.

Huh.

I have both contrast and brightness at the halfway point, so I don't know if this is an inconsistency with monitors or the game.

Huh.

I have both contrast and brightness at the halfway point, so I don't know if this is an inconsistency with monitors or the game.

It's not like everything is pitch black. It's just that a lot of areas are uncomfortably dark, and it doesn't help that the flashlight doesn't trigger automatically when it really needs to, and stays on when it's not needed.

Option for flashlights please!!!

It's not like everything is pitch black. It's just that a lot of areas are uncomfortably dark, and it doesn't help that the flashlight doesn't trigger automatically when it really needs to, and stays on when it's not needed.

Looks like toggle-able flashlights is the more popular choice.

Updated OP.

[size=1]also stealth bump[/size]

Looks like toggle-able flashlights is the more popular choice.

Updated OP.

also stealth bump

Wonderful. Then we can all be happy. You get to turn them off, and I get to see what I'm doing and stop the stupid bloody thing from randomly tanking my framerate on nighttime Earth missions unless I switch to melee.