Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Slots Made The Game Worse (I Believe So)

7grims

I use the Simaris XP to buy transmutation cores and sell the mods if I get lucky so I'm completely ok with the 20 plat price, but my only issue with the Exilis slot is having to forma some of my frames to be able to equip it. I did most of my damage frames on the last quad weekend but I just can't get around doing my Lokis, Vauban, Zephyr, etc...

They should've just make utility mods not using mod points if you put them into the Exilus slot. Would have been much more convenient.

1 Yes the delivery of this is just a joke, it needs to bechanged. Its leading to burnout in some cases.

2 Agron disapears other way around: every time 00 gmt hits all stable argons switch to decaying and decaying are cut in half. If you farm 100 of them next day you have 50. Not 0. One thing I wanted to point out.

Just like DE as failed in so many points of this game they fail here yet again:

- Pluto is so far the best planet with reputation per enemy, which forces me to always do pluto, instead of diversifying trough planets (pluto as become the draco for grinding simaris rep).

- The scanner only is active in that little dot, which mean if enemies move faster I have to repeat it (and we are making a scan not a precise operation).

- The scanner is still slow and boring even with the simaris upgrades.

- The scanner always zoom no matter if we press on the right or left mouse button., and the enemies only stay visible for 2 seconds.

- I cant see the mission progression, since it doesn't show how much rep I obtained until I extract.

- I have to go to the relays (just going there is bad enough), to see if I have cleared properly all the daily rep, and to see if I can purchase a new slot.

- The only quick shortcuts trough the relays are the conclave and the navigation, again, those inconsistent random idiot reasons when DE makes something right for 1 or 2 things but forgets all the rest.

- We have all the info and data about the syndicates we belong too in the liset, except all the simaris info, and part of the conclave info, all because DE is torturing us with this so called immersion feature.

- the daily rep cap is only 20k, and the exilus slots costs 50k, making it a 3 day journey to buy 1.

- I can go to the void and I could even acquire 100 argons, with it I build 1 exilus slot, but 24h later the argons vanish at the same time the exilus finish up building, no time to start another, nor any argons if I had another exilus bp.

- To end it all, even the exilus slots are a bad band-aid, but a very useful one at the moment, since I already did use rush in all my frames, so that always lets me win a extra slot. Yet DE is trying to justify the existence of 50+ mods with 1 single exilus slot, when we have 9/13 mandatory mods for the 8 regular slots. (and I didn't even mention all the formas needed to re-level a frame, nor the 2 formas needed to build the exilus bp)

Maybe the conclusion is that DE forced me to deal with scaning and the simaris synd, both have very bad designs.

And exilus slots did nothing to improve the game, 1 slot alone isn't what gives players modding freedom and choice. (the underneath problem of mandatory mods, is still there)

EDIT:

Now I get why ppl were accusing me of whining and b*tching.

No one was reading, so I edit out the non-important stuff.

I came to this thread expecting an explanation for why exilus slots are bad. I received a whole bunch of other unproven assertions that have no bearing on this. Are you serious bro?

I don't see how an entirely optional slot that doesn't actually do much "ruin the game". You don't even need it.

It only seems optional.

It only appears to be unnecessary at first.

But then what? You can easily put there a bunch of mods that make you objectively better than someone who doesn't have that slot and/or that mod.

Exilus, for the most part, as, dictated by mods available in it, is a bandaid solution to certain problems, like lethargic knockdown recovery rates or snail paced run speeds.

Because DE couldn't just make every single Tenno out there a bit more ninja and give +50% sprint speed across the board. Same for recovery rates.

Edited by Mofixil

It only seems optional.

It only appears to be unnecessary at first.

But then what? You can easily put there a bunch of mods that make you objectively better than someone who doesn't have that slot and/or that mod.

Exilus, for the most part, as, dictated by mods available in it, is a bandaid solution to certain problems, like lethargic knockdown recovery rates or snail paced run speeds.

Because DE couldn't just make every single Tenno out there a bit more ninja and give +50% sprint speed across the board. Same for recovery rates.

Better, yes, but not in effectiveness, more in utility. It is much better to run faster, or resist knockdowns, but it isn't vitally necessary. You're not really that much less effective than without it. Also, you get one, so you still have to choose which utility is the most important.

This slot doesn't affect much of anything. Most of my 'frames don't have it unlocked (yet) and it simply doesn't affect how I play them much, if any.

I have three unlocked...or is it four?...dunno, just shows how much it really matters. It's nice to have, but not even remotely necessary to good performance. This slot pretty much falls under the "gilding the lilly" level of warframe modding. It's something to do when your 'frame is so highly tuned that you can afford the time and resources to get it up an running.

Whiners will cry, though, and that's pretty much all this so-called controversy is...whining.

Edited by Sloan441

Faster sprint speeds might not be necessary, but knockdowns, either recovery rate or resistance are.

Time not spent on the ground is time spent killing stuff, usually.

Most of the deaths in Warframe come either from knockdowns, or magic MLG 720noscope nullifiers or ballistas.

DE has made a great marketing move with that free quest Exilus adapter. You get to choose one frame. And whenever you switch to another one, it just kinda feels off, and weird. It's lacking something. And it's caused by lacking Exilus that gave it that another slot to probably fix some shortcoming given frame has. This results in player either working their ! off to get this thing (taking anywhere between 2 months to 2 days for BP alone, with 2 forma BPs and 24h build time, accounting for 7 days at best to get a single Exilus) or just giving up and buying it for plat (be it traded or bought).

If I were to apply Exilus all frames I have, it would take me like half a year to do so.

Edited by Mofixil

After running frames all weekend with and without the slot, I have to say, I like it. It doesn't really feel like I am missing anything when it's not there but when it is, I really appreciate it. I plan on hitting up the frames I use frequently, which is about 8. I think I'll just be buying them with plat, though. It's too easy to make 20p; a couple high level spy missions or some void and voila, there it is.

I'll also have to forma each frame again to fit the new mod slot and I don't even mind that. It gives me something else to do with them and gives me a sense of progression.

Exilus slots are not compulsary, they're an added feature if you want to put that one extra mod into your warframe, hell they can be put into normal slots if you're that fussed.

They're not ruining the immersion or any of that crap, as its optional whether you want the slot or not.

Buy with plat, have done that to a number of my frames.

Not all of them, as not all of them needed it, but the one's I play the most have benefited from it.

So I win, DE wins, and everyone wins.

I really do not think this is an issue, it is meant as a potential advancement for experienced players looking to reap that little extra out of their frame.

They are not a requirement, and to me were never intended to be.

The one you got as a freebie was just a tasty treat and should be treated as such.

I came to this thread expecting an explanation for why exilus slots are bad. I received a whole bunch of other unproven assertions that have no bearing on this. Are you serious bro?

Isn't it enough that this slot tries to solve the mandatory builds, yet it really doesn't create any freedom since we only get 1 slot, and the usual mandatory mods still occupy the 8 slots, wile the exilus slots is just one for lots of utility mods.

Seems to me that DE is spitting this exilus slot out there, as in a way to shut us up about repetitive builds and mandatory mods, its a way to escape from the known mod system problems, same as the broken mod system for weapons that as been very debated lately.

dont buy it like many said. if you buy it wou will be rewarding that bullS#&$, is like an encourage to De to make more S#&$ty additions like this one.

Exactly, glad to find ppl who get my point of view.

Just as the addition of vacuum in archwing, just like the incubator upgrade item, this, the exilus slot, is a band-aid.

The worse part is, it tries to fake a fix for the sins of the broken mod system; mandatory mods, illusion of players choice, bogus feature to justify utility mods, etc.

How dare DE give us a free slot to put a utility mod in. How dare they not give it to us in 30 seconds of them releasing the patch that gave it to us without using plat. its not like they have a game and servers/artists/engineers/voice actors and etc to pay for they stuff. Seriously going to moan about an optional mod slot in the game. Dont like it, not use it, im not going to that slot in all of my frames. Get over yourself

I like it :P +30% sprint speed has never been so amazing!

It's nice if you have spare mod points. I just feel like, if you spent the time to get it they might as well make it cost 0 points when installed. That way aura slots still have a purpose (to give points) and forma is still useful for....well more points.