Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Architecture

*Big thanks to the members of Outlaw Star for some of the ideas. Special thanks to Zackai

I will start by saying I absolutely love the Dojo. Outlaw Star uses it quite often and it has further brought our clan together. We've been discussing things like custom aesthetics and new rooms to be added. We've proposed this to some of our Design Council people and they agreed. Here's just a list of things I've gathered from them and some things I've come up with:

1. Zen Garden

• Cost 5 Energy
  • Has usable seats

2. Grass Field Dome

• Has artificial sunligh
  • Has 2v2 dueling
  • Size comparable to great hal
  • Cost 15 Energy

3. Parkour Course (with lasers that only knock you back)

• A series of moving platforms for jumping
  • Lasers that deal 0 damage, but knock you down/back
  • Several versions can be built
  • Cost 10 Energy each

4. Racing Course

• Could be a straight line or parkour race
  • Cost 5 Energy

5. Platformed Dueling Room

• Floating platforms to jump between
  • Third dueling room
  • Cost 5 Energy

6. Architect's Lab

• Researches new aesthetics for the Dojo
  • Costs 5 energy

7. Research For Dojo color/design skins (Ex: gold Orokin skin, Tenno/Vandal skin, red color for original skin)

• Options for Dojo reskin/colorize

8. Different Announcer

• Make other announcers to be researched in Architect Lab

9. Reactor Core (increases energy by 50)

• Adds 50 energy
  • Costs 10 energy

10. Weapon Range (for weapon/power damage testing)

• Has 3 dummies, one for each faction
  • Dummies take damage to test abilities/weapons
  • Costs 5 Energy

11. Dance Club

• Has an area where use bind activates a dance
  • Has a bar off to the side
  • Costs 5 energy
Edited by MasterBuilder5

These are great additions, but I personally think they need to focus on lowering the prices as the smaller clans are being hit hard by the cost of simple partitions (such as 5 forma for a hallway).

And to anyone telling me "Just join a bigger clan", no, ruins the point of forming our own clan if we just leave the responsibility to people with boat loads of disposable income, if that's the case we should just have 1 clan in the entirety of warframe and everyone can only join that.

These are great additions, but I personally think they need to focus on lowering the prices as the smaller clans are being hit hard by the cost of simple partitions (such as 5 forma for a hallway).

And to anyone telling me "Just join a bigger clan", no, ruins the point of forming our own clan if we just leave the responsibility to people with boat loads of disposable income, if that's the case we should just have 1 clan in the entirety of warframe and everyone can only join that.

Make a thread about it. That's an off topic reply, but you have a point....kinda.

I like the idea of more function rooms so to say, I'd like to see a Hanger room with lots of ships which can be used to exit the dojo (fuly animate of course) as well as the menu.

And duelling rooms with cool features would be nice, maybe one which gives duellers 10x the health while having the platforms and stuff so that the duel can last longer and in a sense see a more tactical use of powers,.

I like the idea of more function rooms so to say, I'd like to see a Hanger room with lots of ships which can be used to exit the dojo (fuly animate of course) as well as the menu.

And duelling rooms with cool features would be nice, maybe one which gives duellers 10x the health while having the platforms and stuff so that the duel can last longer and in a sense see a more tactical use of powers,.

I agree with all of that except the dueling room thing. Even though I owned with my Frost and now with my Frost Prime, I think the entire map should have a debuff that drops the strength of our weapons and abilities by 15%, or negates all our mods for weapons and frames.

also big room (hall) with tenno's space ships is needed

it could look like the "mission extraction point" or "hangar with flight deck and huge glass doors  that lead to space/void/universe"

Edited by Strac_CRO

also big room (hall) with tenno's space ships is needed

it could look like the "mission extraction point" or "hangar with flight deck and huge glass doors  that lead to space/void/universe"

why is this "needed"?

You're going too far out into the distance. Each room needs a specific function, something practical that supports the feel of the game. Now if an extraction room was added, then that could be one way of exiting the Dojo.

New Ideas

12. Extraction Room

• Allows players to manually leave the Dojo
  • Costs 2 energy

13. Leaderboard Room

• 3 Boards
  • First board shows stats for wins/losses overall in the Dojo

• Second shows a custom board for tournament brackets
  • Third board shows most resources donated
  • Costs 2 energy

14. WarFrame Skin research

• New color patterns
  • New helmets

15. Meeting Room

• Allows up to 10 people to meet at a table
  • Pulls up a menu that shows all current research/construction
  • Costs 3 energy
Edited by MasterBuilder5

They could also implement a system of meditation for the frames while in the dojo (maybe in the Zen Garden suggestion). Then we should receive extra energy/stamina for the next few missions. 

Just thinking.

They could also implement a system of meditation for the frames while in the dojo (maybe in the Zen Garden suggestion). Then we should receive extra energy/stamina for the next few missions. 

Just thinking.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Like make spots that let you sit down in the same stance that you sit in the dueling room.

Great list.

Simulation Room

I would like to add a simulation room. A large room that is just 4 blank walls, a ceiling, and a floor. This room will have a control panel. The control panel will have precepts in it that allows users to "create" an atomosphere that is complete with architecture and enemies.

Upon choosing a precept from a menu, the room will transform into a Grineer style arena, Corpus style arena, or Infested style arena (based on which precept is chosen.) Think of it as a virtual room. Something like http://ak8.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2148179/preview/stock-footage-back-plate-of-self-constructing-animation-from-virtual-mesh-to-clean-white-empty-room-interior.mp4'>this. And [url

]here (fast foward to 00.30).

The purpose of this room will:

1. Allow users to test their weapons against virtual enemies.

2. Hone your reflexes as enemies can appear from all sides.

3. It can work as a tactical training grounds as squads learn to maneuver as a unit and communicate better as a team.

4. It can also double as a challenge room where clan members compete against one another to see who can complete the virtual exercise the fastest or most efficient.

Edited by Crominix772

I really like the ideas of the extraction point, zen garden, meeting room and of course the virtual room and parkour room. I find that the virtual room and parkour room would be incredibly useful, and the extraction point is good for a tad more realism. The meeting room would be great for organising and planning things within the clan, and the zen garden would just be a nice place to have in the dojo.

Edited by Hendorne

IDEA: The bar could give you Morale boosts for going on missions this would make the extraction room have a purpose since the boosts would only activate if you exited the dojo that way. Also after you have researched the extraction room you then have the ability to reaserch peronal ships. The whole clan donates to researching but you yourself would have to build it and research stuff in that. Friends could hang out in your ship but wouldn't be able to reaserch anything and you could also select your missions from there.

Just some thoughts.

Great list.

Simulation Room

I would like to add a simulation room. A large room that is just 4 blank walls, a ceiling, and a floor. This room will have a control panel. The control panel will have precepts in it that allows users to "create" an atomosphere that is complete with architecture and enemies.

Upon choosing a precept from a menu, the room will transform into a Grineer style arena, Corpus style arena, or Infested style arena (based on which precept is chosen.) Think of it as a virtual room. Something like this. And

(fast foward to 00.30).

The purpose of this room will:

1. Allow users to test their weapons against virtual enemies.

2. Hone your reflexes as enemies can appear from all sides.

3. It can work as a tactical training grounds as squads learn to maneuver as a unit and communicate better as a team.

4. It can also double as a challenge room where clan members compete against one another to see who can complete the virtual exercise the fastest or most efficient.

If anything they'll make a "virtual" room that's like the test room.

IDEA: The bar could give you Morale boosts for going on missions this would make the extraction room have a purpose since the boosts would only activate if you exited the dojo that way. Also after you have researched the extraction room you then have the ability to reaserch peronal ships. The whole clan donates to researching but you yourself would have to build it and research stuff in that. Friends could hang out in your ship but wouldn't be able to reaserch anything and you could also select your missions from there.

Just some thoughts.

Gona offer lots of no to this statement. Last time I checked alcohol messed you up; it didn't make you stronger.

Edited by MasterBuilder5

My Zen Garden idea made it :'D i'm so happy and the purpose for this Zen Garden would be a place to meditate and gain a small affinity boost for a number a hours lets say. Just picture it, it would be a customizable room have a big waterfall with a bunch of little floating "islands" that you can go on and meditate. 

My Zen Garden idea made it :'D i'm so happy and the purpose for this Zen Garden would be a place to meditate and gain a small affinity boost for a number a hours lets say. Just picture it, it would be a customizable room have a big waterfall with a bunch of little floating "islands" that you can go on and meditate. 

Yes my friend it did. check out the revamped thread in Dojo Feedback.

I would like to see a new hall or main concourse that is 2 floors high, with access to both levels and at least 6 doorways off from it. We have the entire orokin void tower set to be inspired by, why are we left with just a few small and less impressive rooms? Certainly as the tenno awake and begin to get more in touch with their history they would try to at least meet if not surpass themselves and their ancestors!

why is this "needed"?

You're going too far out into the distance. Each room needs a specific function, something practical that supports the feel of the game. Now if an extraction room was added, then that could be one way of exiting the Dojo.

The hangar bay could be where you would be able to set up squads for missions, or even cue up groups for events that would include or require more than 4 people. As fun as the game is, the hard limit of just 4 people on any mission can be disappointing at times... If nothing else, some ranked 4v4 sparring between clans with the highest ranked clan getting a unique or super-rare dojo feature that's really just decorative would be a fun way to add on also.

These decorative rooms would be like trophies that they could show off to clan members and invited guests, perhaps as a way of recruiting and bragging. Saying, "Yeah, we won this... against everybody else in the world, we won!"

EDIT: I'm getting off topic again... let's see how many threads I can copy-paste into today!

Edited by FLSH_BNG