The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Grinding Getting Worst Than A Korean Mmo

Vasault

OP is just here to rant...he's not interested in any discussion, as he just labels anyone who enjoys hunting down and ranking new things as having "no life" and "not having fun" while playing. I have about five months in the game and am rank 16 without ever feeling like I was grinding too hard. And no, I haven't spent much time on Draco at all.

I dunno, the game is what it is. Play it and dig it, play it and hate it or don't play it at all. Whining about it and dissing other players is just immature.

Edited by (PS4)PeetSquared

i had the chance to get the sancti tigris (the most beautiful weapon ive seen in this game so far) but suddenly the MR requirement, MR12 which is a lot to me and for many others, and lets be honest, grinding in this game is INSANE, and no draco ceres has nothing to do here, you still have to buy bp and weapons, forma a weapon and reset the level doesn't help you to get MR exp, i've been playing this game since the early beta (3 or 4 frames), and i always thought mastery rank was a terrible thing for this game, and i still think it is to these days, it requires tons and tons of hours to reach a certain level in mr, i rather play a korean mmo than keep leveling on this game to get a miserable weapon, seriously

Grind is part of all MMO games. It's normal. The points is, in WF is poorly made.

Why player don't get exp after use forma on frame, when he use it? He must exp it from 0 to 30, still doing the same, so why he is forced to buy new stuff only for grind to 30 and sold? Totaly pointless...

Grind loctions are normal for each MMO. Here we have Draco, in MMO with open world we have "spots" in specific plaes on maps. 

Have you ever had to dump $2500 into a Korean MMO and spend 10+ hrs a day to be able to barely reach end content?

WF doesn't even come close kek

Well said. Koreans MMO have a frakin farm level, totaly not for humans!

Why player don't get exp after use forma on frame, when he use it?

Because then we'd have mastery rank 30 guys who have only ever leveled Rhino/Boltor/Carrier. You cannot master a mastered weapon, that defies all logic. MR is a show of how much of the games content you have mastered, yes Draco destroys that, but at least there's a sound idea behind it.

Because then we'd have mastery rank 30 guys who have only ever leveled Rhino/Boltor/Carrier. You cannot master a mastered weapon, that defies all logic. MR is a show of how much of the games content you have mastered, yes Draco destroys that, but at least there's a sound idea behind it.

This, all day. MR is about how many new things (the game's content) you try out. If you want to try the higher tiered stuff, rank up. Nuff said, imo.

There is an interesting thread about formas somewhere around here, however, that proposes that when someone formas a weapon, it only resets to one's MR (they also suggested a max rank it could reset to, like rank 20 or something). I'd love that.

MR12 is atainable with weapon testing. With all the good weapons we had that have been nerfed to the ground and new "top tier" weapons DE practically forced MR12 on players that are here since open beta launch. 

On another hand, fresh players might find it hard to attain mr12 due to fact that currently there are 10 weapons worthy of playing with (atleast till the next "rebalance") and 3-4 meta frames. So for you people its pretty much "get trin, EV on draco, leech xp" to get to requred MR.

If you exp X item to 30, and after that reset it to 0, you must spend same time for exp it to 30 again. So why you don't get exp again? Stupid.

Also MR system is stupid, becasue There is no point for brainless grind new things for sold it after get 30r.

Example: I get 5 frames, 3 melee, 3 firearm weapons, and don't want more. This is competly enough to me. So why I'm forced to use other stuff get MR? Why MR is depend of stuff, not of grind? Player should get exp for all misions what he's done, or all enemies what he kill, becasue he spend time for that, type of weapon shouldn't have matter.

I guess it can be way to force player to buy plat for new slots, becasue: "Oh, i wanna higher rank, i must exp new stuff, but i don't wanna seel it after that. So i must buy moaar slots"...

MR12 is atainable with weapon testing. With all the good weapons we had that have been nerfed to the ground and new "top tier" weapons DE practically forced MR12 on players that are here since open beta launch. 

On another hand, fresh players might find it hard to attain mr12 due to fact that currently there are 10 weapons worthy of playing with (atleast till the next "rebalance") and 3-4 meta frames. So for you people its pretty much "get trin, EV on draco, leech xp" to get to requred MR.

Grind weapon is not a testing. Totaly different things. For testing weapon, you must exp it to 30, potatoe it, mod it, in most of causes form it, and than you can test it...  Testing unmoded, npotatoed weapon is totaly pointelss.

Grind weapon is not a testing. Totaly different things. For testing weapon, you must exp it to 30, potatoe it, mod it, in most of causes form it, and than you can test it...  Testing unmoded, npotatoed weapon is totaly pointelss.

...wow...

Levelling a weapon from 0 to 30 allows you to get accustomed to it and see if you like its playstyle and quirks. This is hardly affected by mods.

While its performance is dictated only by stats, that are quite transparent and one can easily compare these with already owned weapons.

This way, you end up with 6 kinds of weapons.

Straight upgrade you love.

Straight downgrade you love.

Sidegrade you love.

Sidegrade you hate.

Straight downgrade you hate.

Straight upgrade you hate.

In case 4 and 5, I'm 100% sure given weapon is nothing more than a mastery fodder and is going to get sold once it hits lv30 mark.

Everything else is pretty much up to the player.

Example: I get 5 frames, 3 melee, 3 firearm weapons, and don't want more. This is competly enough to me. So why I'm forced to use other stuff get MR? Why MR is depend of stuff, not of grind? 

Because, as said before, it's a measure of how much of the games content you have mastered. I cannot put it anymore simply. If you do not want to master new weapons and frames, then you will not increase in mastery rank because you are not mastering anything new.

I won't tell you that you can't just use the same crud over and over, but if you truly think you deserve a high mastery rank for doing so then you're sorely mistaken. Some people actually work to reach high MR's, it's something to feel proud of, they've used all of the games content and can now use whatever they want. If you don't want to work for it then you can leech with everyone else in Draco.

That's clearly what you think testing is, most of us think testing is simply using the weapon and getting a feel for it. 

I started playing five months ago and I have MR14 just from going "this weapon looks interesting, I wonder if it's s--t" and "I should get a new Warframe because I'm getting bored with running the same one".

Being here for two years or more and not having MR12 is entirely on you and if you, for some reason, CAN'T get it (which is impossible) then you still wouldn't have the right privilege to compare this game to anything other than another respected MMO with the same grind levels. (i.e. every other MMO out there).

On the topic of getting MR from forma'd weapons:

Because, as said before, it's a measure of how much of the games content you have mastered. I cannot put it anymore simply. If you do not want to master new weapons and frames, then you will not increase in mastery rank because you are not mastering anything new.

This. Entirely.

That's not true at all. Even at level 0, you can already tell how a weapon will turn out more often then not.Kraken, for example. You can tell from doing a single low level mission with it that it is an awful weapon, and you can also tell that burston prime is a decent weapon from the exact same mission.

It won't be as accurate as a high level weapon, but you can get a basic idea of if you like it or not. I'm a MR 17, and have enjoyed most of the weapons I've levelled, some exceptions being Miter, Kraken, and for a frame example, Nyx.

If you exp X item to 30, and after that reset it to 0, you must spend same time for exp it to 30 again. So why you don't get exp again? Stupid.

Also MR system is stupid, becasue There is no point for brainless grind new things for sold it after get 30r.

Example: I get 5 frames, 3 melee, 3 firearm weapons, and don't want more. This is competly enough to me. So why I'm forced to use other stuff get MR? Why MR is depend of stuff, not of grind? Player should get exp for all misions what he's done, or all enemies what he kill, becasue he spend time for that, type of weapon shouldn't have matter.

I guess it can be way to force player to buy plat for new slots, becasue: "Oh, i wanna higher rank, i must exp new stuff, but i don't wanna seel it after that. So i must buy moaar slots"...

Grind weapon is not a testing. Totaly different things. For testing weapon, you must exp it to 30, potatoe it, mod it, in most of causes form it, and than you can test it... Testing unmoded, npotatoed weapon is totaly pointelss.

Sorry but do you really think a game, driven by hunting down new loot, should reward you with staying with the same weapons and frames forever? I think that is stupid (borrowing your own word, there). MR would be more trivial than ever if someone could just use the same stuff, over and over, on the easy endless missions, like Draco or infested defenses. Where is the challenge in that? At least with how it is now, one is challenged with finding the mats and resources to build weapons, plus any parts they need for it.

Mastery rank 12 requires only 360,000 MR to reach.
That isn't that much.

First just finishing the starchart gets you 14,796.
Sure that can seem like a bit of a grind but it isn't bad and it allows you to use extractors everywhere and doesn't take long.
So with just the starchart down you only need 345,204.

Weapons from just the market can get you: 297,000 (both complete weapons such as MK-1 Paris and built weapons such as the normal bo)
Which leaves you with only needing 48204 standing.

If you also take the 2 quest reward weapons that is another 6000 dropped off.
Meaning only 42,204.

So already after just finishing the starchart and leveling everything in the market (no void or alert farming at all) and you are at only need 42K to rank 12.
And with that it wont even take all of the companions to finish you off, since there are 14 available companions and 9 companion weapons (and prsima shade but I"m not including anything not freely available) and you'll be at MR12.
Or if you don't want to get the companions, or can't in the case of some Kubrows, just level up some frames instead.

And that is without including any prime items at all, any of the syndicate secondaries, any of the research weapons, any of the archwing weapons or archwings, or any alert weapons.  Hek this doesn't even account any warframes you decide to level up.

And hek, if you don't want to finish the starchart all you need to do is level a few more companions than you would if you do finish the starchart, or you could level up some frames.

So even if you don't do any of the extra grindy void runs to make any of the prime items and don't get any of the syndicate secondaries, and have never been in an event MR12 is very attainable.

If you don't want to level up everything from the market (can't entirely blame you) then you can knock at least 40 of them off your list if you go with just frames, and this is only frames that you can get without too much grinding: 17 from bosses and 3 through quests for 20 frames.  Each R30 frame is worth 2 weapons in terms of mastery.
If you're part of a clan that has researched the frames there then you get to level 6 less weapons.
SO if you absolutely hate to level weapons from the market and you level up the 23 non-prime and non-alert frames you will only need to level up 53 weapons in total to hit MR12.

Archwings can also lower that number more.

So there really isn't nearly as much grinding as people says there is.

This is why I have a hard time taking people complaining about the MR grind seriously.
Because without alerts, void farming, research items, event items, assassin items, baro items, or archwing you can still very easily get to MR12+ and use everything in the game.

So even if you never want to touch a clan, haven't been around for alerts or events, and dont want to farm void keys for prime parts or farm G3, Zanuka, or Stalker for their drops and you dont have any exclusive/retired items at all you can still get high enough that you can use the syndicate primaries without spending horribly long.
Especially since the biggest bulk of MR can be passively leveled.

Warframe doesn't have anywhere near the grind that you are claiming.  Its relatively tame in this regard.
It doesn't take all that long to level up the gear needed to get to MR12.  Especially because you can very easily get there without needing any gear you have to grind or wait for.

I don't think thats such a big deal at all to grind. 95% of EVERY MMO i've ever played has grinding at some point in it. Having to get to MR12 isn't that hard or a big deal in my opinion, i mean I just came back to the game about 2-3 weeks ago and i was MR 9, and just from leveling stuff(Reguardless if I wanted to or not) I just got to MR11 last night. I leveled extra weapons and frames(Knowing I would NEVER use them and most likely delete them, the weapon that is) just because it's not that big of a deal to throw on a weapon and level it doing whatever mission(s) I choose to, which mainly consisted of Syndicate missions and random voids, occassional OD. The ONLY part I can see that would be annoying is having to level the frames but even so thats not that hard with the random mods I tossed on it just because I didn't care that much because my weapon can cover my &#!. This is just my opinion, simply put, if you don't wanna grind, dont grind, just play with what you have. If you decide you wanna rank something to get some MR points then go for it. It's a game you can choose what you do in it.

TL;DR: Don't wanna grind? Don't. It's not that big of a deal nor that hard.

Sorry for going offtopic but. This is wrong:

If you think the grinding in this game is bad, try games like Blade and soul

Made me LOL
What grind in blade and soul? I've played to max level on 4 of its servers curious which server youre talking about because its not my experience.  3 servers I've built endgame gears and trained multiple characters. Really grind in blade and soul is a non issue, doesnt exist it defintely doesnt even touch the level of Warframe.. The Chinese server especially Tencent have been masterful in managing the game. (can reach max level in 1 day end game equipped in 2-3 days).

The Taiwan server was doing okay too but the last 4 months botting has become an insane problem thats destroyed the economy. Forced the developers to tighten quest rewards, economy is being controlled by gold sellers and drops have dried up. But still the grind in Taiwan is nothing My latest char in that server a FM was at endgame gears after (3 weeks of 2-4 hours a day of playtime). Till this day im still active on CN and TW on Jap and korea i've quit.

Edited by CarrotSalad

As a MR17 Player i don't think it's a grind. I enjoy it. And if a weapon requires MR12 for a player to use, there is a reason for that.

You don't like the "grind" (for you it is a grind, not for me), you can leave the game, no one is forcing you to play it, feel free to leave.

See that's what i like about warframe, you need to work for your Power, for your rank, it has a value.

Warframe is in so many ways different than other games. 

It's like a person wants to drive an expensive car, let's say it's a Ferrari F450, nobody will give you one for free. You need to work for it.

Edited by (XB1)Dynamix606

i had the chance to get the sancti tigris (the most beautiful weapon ive seen in this game so far) but suddenly the MR requirement, MR12 which is a lot to me and for many others, and lets be honest, grinding in this game is INSANE, and no draco ceres has nothing to do here, you still have to buy bp and weapons, forma a weapon and reset the level doesn't help you to get MR exp, i've been playing this game since the early beta (3 or 4 frames), and i always thought mastery rank was a terrible thing for this game, and i still think it is to these days, it requires tons and tons of hours to reach a certain level in mr, i rather play a korean mmo than keep leveling on this game to get a miserable weapon, seriously

Not sure what Korean MMO's you've been playing but this game is a walk in the park. I'm MR 14 with bare minimum playing. It's not like your weapons break when you try adding mods, or losing mastery exp if you fail a mission. I play maybe 4 hours a week and get a lot done. If I were to go back to let's say Lineage 2 I'd need maybe 300 hours to make the progress I can make in WF.

he does have a point about you MUST get new weapons even if you dont want to and are fine with whatever you are, still being forced to buy weapons u dont want and level them up , that feels like grind also, i am MR 13 , and i got there thanks to having all i want in the game but i know il never get higher then MR 13 because i will not accept being forced to use weapons i dislike, and besides after playing since god knows when i have got my set of gear i feel very comfortable with ( Dread , Hikou Prime , Dragon Nikana , Carrier ) and i will not use any other weapons because these are the ones i like. so yeh he has a point im just lucky i hit MR 13 somehow else id be stuck in the same mess

he does have a point about you MUST get new weapons even if you dont want to and are fine with whatever you are, still being forced to buy weapons u dont want and level them up , that feels like grind also, i am MR 13 , and i got there thanks to having all i want in the game but i know il never get higher then MR 13 because i will not accept being forced to use weapons i dislike, and besides after playing since god knows when i have got my set of gear i feel very comfortable with ( Dread , Hikou Prime , Dragon Nikana , Carrier ) and i will not use any other weapons because these are the ones i like. so yeh he has a point im just lucky i hit MR 13 somehow else id be stuck in the same mess

Sure there's going to be weapons you don't like, but let's be realistic on how fast you can level a weapon 1-30. Even if you don't like a weapon you can equip a secondary with your favorite primary and vice versa and still level your MR. It isn't an awful exp as the OP is making it out to be.

Sure there's going to be weapons you don't like, but let's be realistic on how fast you can level a weapon 1-30. Even if you don't like a weapon you can equip a secondary with your favorite primary and vice versa and still level your MR. It isn't an awful exp as the OP is making it out to be.

true that , draco half hour rank 30, but at that moment ur totally grinding haha, unless the weapon ur working on has a function to might like a bit to use, else its just MR junk as id phrase it myself.