Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Broken Alert System Already

cypherhalo

I'm sorry.  I am not someone who has hours upon hours to play this game.  I am, I have to imagine, like a lot of people in that my time is very limited.  I can usually get in an hour or two of gaming a day.  If DE wants my gaming time to be spent with them, they have got to do something about the RNG nature of this game.  However, I'll stick to alerts b/c right now I'm looking at an alert that is just plain garbage.  It will give me some credits, that's it.  Yawn, who cares?  Whether they scrap and replace the alert system or just tweak what they've got, alerts are completely useless as is.  I can count on one hand the number of useful things I've gotten from an alert and I've been playing this game for months.  DE has had months to do something about this and has done jack squat.  

DE, you can't just balance the game around hardcore farmers who play for hours and hours.  You are alienating a lot of customers who simply don't have that kind of time.  Create some endgame content for such people, the dojo is a great option for that.  Do something to help the rest of us who are far more limited on time.  Thanks.

Noone wants your "Game time"

They want your money.

Close the thread and think about what makes the world go around.

Telling people what to do is one of them, but so is ignoring what people say to do. What's with the negativity?

Why be so negative? Because the same issue has been posted and posted on. Best bet your thread will realistically become another number of people who have complained consecutively. They want the RNG system obviously, or else it would have been reworked in U8.

Don't think they could do that? Look what they did to the mod system in U7.

I agree that the alerts could be more interesting. 2k credits + a reasonable amount of a material would be good.
Otherwise I don't have much of a problem with alerts. They're just something extra to do.

And missing out on an item now and again doesn't really bother me. It'll pop up again, eventually. Sometimes my girlfriend will collect the item for me and her own account when she's around, so that's fine.

I always have the same thing to say on alerts, so here's all the other threads that share similar views. tl;dr: alerts system is flawed (as a method of content distribution) and needs changing. DE currently appear to be looking at alerts and ways to improve them.

(this is a quote from DE rebecca in the may 19th hot feedback thread)
There has been suggestions of ways to improve the alerts (adding a token system, generating Alerts based on time logged in, etc), and these are being seen.
Edited by Argoms

Noone wants your "Game time"

They want your money.

Close the thread and think about what makes the world go around.

pffft doesn't take any effort to figure out what makes the world go round. false idols and materialism. BAM ! !  done.