Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Never Dropping 'health Orbs'

Impact6

I was doing T2 survival with a friend, and since I can't be content without full hp all the time, I usually equip rejuvination. But not this time, and this time as I was searching for health orbs,  I noticed for the entire 40 minutes, enemies did NOT drop any!

In the whole mission I only found 2 and those were in containers!

This isn't intentional right?  

Edit: So I thought it was a bug, but it isn't to my great astonishment. But then

taiiat

below has a good argument that enemies should drop health orbs.

Edited by Impact6

Enemies haven't dropped Health Orbs for almost 2 years. [maybe even longer than 2 years].

a problem that's been pointed out many times, that some(preferably Skill based) means to Heal without specific Equipment or Mods is important considering you can lose Health based on RNG.

Edited by taiiat

Enemies never normally drop health orbs, the only source of them (Without Nekros or Oberon) is via containers or activating capsules. 

Am I that confused? I'm baffled, 2 years really? I could have sweared that I saw health orbs recently without Nekros or storage crates.

Enemies haven't dropped Health Orbs for almost 2 years. [maybe even longer than 2 years].

a problem that's been pointed out many times, that some(preferably Skill based) means to Heal without specific Equipment or Mods is important considering you can lose Health based on RNG.

Then you're entirely right. This is pretty unfair, RNG says you die within the next 7 slash procs. 

In fairness to the devs, health restore packs were also a thing since update 7 and team health restore packs were in the original release of clan tech, so roughly update 10. Both of these predate slash procs and damage 2.0 which were added in update 11.

But then... taiiat

^

This is going to be a thing now.

Edited by VKhaun

I could have sweared that I saw health orbs recently without Nekros or storage crates.

sources of Health Orbs:

- Pool of Life

- Reckoning

- Sahasa Digging

- Desecrate

- Drahks/feral Kubrows

- Lockers/Pots

nothing else i can think of.

Edit:

This is going to be a thing now.

wot? Edited by taiiat

as other people have said. and it's not a bug that enemies don't drop them, DE made the decision when the game came out of open beta (or even before then) to only drop health orbs from containers, mostly because health damage would only happen when shields were down or you kissed a toxic ancient. also so players would be more welcoming to a trinity in a team. then a few healing frames came out and nekros, so they made kubrows (feral or drahk) use the container drop table, including health orbs. 

This hasn't really been a real issue since each orb only offers a flat 25 health, but health orbs have been around before damage 2.0, aka before bleed and toxin procs. i agree that enemies should drop health orbs naturally, but then you would have to rework nekros, maybe allow desecrate to drop better healing orbs that heal 35-40hp instead of 25?. 

Edited by Darthmufin