Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes should have different unique passive skills.

Amenonuhoko

I'm all for this idea. Expanding the current skill tree into something more complex, more choices to be made.

Mods are cool, but nothing beats players' choice. However, I think that all frames should share the same passive skills with non-maxable points from level. This way players can have a mad caster rhino or slightly durable amber depend on how they want to play.

Traditional RPG skill tree or unique tree to each frame is better than what we currently have. I don't like a mod-dependent approach which depend on RNG god more than my own choice.

I was gonna write a post on this but since there's already one up I'll piggyback for the sake of forum cleanliness.

Here's my take on Warframe ideas / passives:

Give Warframes a unique passive when the upgrade tree has been filled out, BEFORE going pro. This passive will double in strength / gain extra attributes when someone maxes out their Warframe after going pro. Using Excalibur as an example, after filling out the starter tree with it, an extra node appears that gives it a bonus, such as 'Passive: +10% Normal / Charge Damage with Melee Weapons'. Going pro and maxing out the tree will spawn a second node, that either boosts the original passive or adds another (also passive) effect like 'Passive: Slash Dash replenishes shields by 10% per enemy hit'. The benefit here is two-fold, people who start the game have a useful thing to work towards, and it gives them an additional incentive to go pro with the 'frame. This sort of idea can also apply to weapons.

The other idea is to have the 'frame abilities to have secondary effects that encourage working as a team. An easy example would be Rhino. What if activating Iron Skin also taunts all nearby enemies to shoot the Rhino? In solo play this does nothing (except make you feel like a badass), but the benefits in team play is obvious (and you're twice the badass for helping the team out like that). I think this idea in particular has a lot of potential, especially for players to experiment for team combos and the like.

Thoughts?

Edited by McGuffin

I think the first step would be actually making differences in the base stats of each frame. Say for instance the Rhino frame having a higher base health and armor stat than other frames because it's supposedly a walking tank. Then making a diversification to the upgrade trees of each frame tailored to their intended play style such as possibly having some of the excalibur's circle upgrades be increases to melee damage or caster type frames like volt, ember, and mag getting energy cap upgrades and power boosts etc...

This I think would add more dynamic to player selection of mods as you'd then be choosing between covering the frame's shortcomings or further boosting it's strengths.