The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Slot Reduce Drain By 50%

(PSN)B0XMAN517

I think the exilus slot was a nice addition, as are the new bullet jump/mobility mods, but the slot is pretty limiting in its current state. Without heavily polarizing your Warframe, limiting your build choices, you'll have a hard time fitting anything more than mobilize (5 drain at max rank). With the exilus mods coming in all polarities and costing as much as 12 points (13 for master thief), polarizing your exilus slot is not a great option.

If the exilus slot reduced the mod drain by 50% this wouldn't be an issue. At the same time this wouldn't be OP because you would still need some forma to fit the 5 or 6 points and these are utility mods after all.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

I Forma the other slots on my frames so that I don't need to worry about what mod I put in the Exilus slot.

I would do this, except on some frames, that means giving up any chance of using builds other than the one specific one you polarized for - any attempt to experiment just gets you redslotted to hell and back.

I can't if I want to switch mods. Some missions I like rush (-), some I like lightning dash (v), and some I like ice spring (D).

That's the point, Forma is a trade-off system.

Well, in that case maybe we should remove Forma entirely and just double everyone's mod point pool. Or even better, maybe remove point costs entirely and just allow every Warframe to equip every mod at the same time.

Forma any combination of your original 8 slots so that you can use whatever utility mod you want to use. This slot is supposed to be that last upgrade to your warframe. It costing full mod points is justifiable imo. This slot is not mandatory at all, its designed to give people who are willing to put in a little extra effort for a boost of utility. Unless you're running with 8 rank 10 mods you shouldn't need more than 4 or so forma to do this.

That's the point, Forma is a trade-off system.

Well, in that case maybe we should remove Forma entirely and just double everyone's mod point pool. Or even better, maybe remove point costs entirely and just allow every Warframe to equip every mod at the same time.

What's the point of this slippery slope? It has no relevance to the topic.

It absolutely does, and it was the first thing I addressed

It does not follow. Disputing the specifics of the tradeoff does not automatically equate to suggesting the tradeoff is itself unnecessary.

For my part, I've voiced my specific objection to "just put on more forma" - it severely limits experimentation, particularly on warframes whose variant builds take their stats in precisely the opposite direction. It's hard to test different builds when you've already locked yourself into one. So there should be a compromise between flexibility and specialization, not "overspecialization or nothing", because "one build to rule them all" mentality is already a big enough problem without the forma system compounding it.

So there should be a compromise between flexibility and specialization

That was precisely the point of the Auxiliary slot, to allow additional customization and the use of utility mods that would otherwise be left out of the general tendency to min/max frames. And as far as "testing various build", that's why Forma polarities don't need to be permanent and can be changed multiple times. Obtaining Forma isn't difficult, and re-ranking a frame to 30 isn't a terrible struggle either. One day to build a Forma, and the frame can be re-ranked to 30 the next day or two with very little commitment.

The bulk of my frames just have 1 of each polarity in their mod slots, only in a couple circumstances are they close to 5/8 polarized slots. That allows plenty for customization and experimentation even with some of the higher cost mods. With a maxed aura mod installed, you have anywhere from 65 to 78 points to work with on a maxed frame, each of which come with a minimum of 2 spots already polarized. Being given a new mod slot, and then complaining "I don't have the points to use it" when there has been a Forma system in easily allow more points/mods is a classic case of "You can't keep your cake and eat it too". The slippery slope is no more ridiculous than the original post: It's a demand to conform the game rules to you individually instead of you individually conforming to the game rules.

Make a decision and commit to it. If you want to change your mind later, you will still have the ability to do so.

Make a decision and commit to it. If you want to change your mind later, you will still have the ability to do so.

I suppose we simply have completely different perspectives as to what the forma system should be for, because I still don't think it works very well - particularly since most players will not bother to forma a piece of equipment again to try something new, and thus you get hordes of players running identically built Boltor Primes and Vaykor Mareloks all day long. But I suppose whatever direction DE takes modding in is still ultimately up to them, and for now - although I might want a different sort of experience that puts variety and experimentation foremost - I'll put up with throwing an extra forma on the frames that really need it. Eventually. After my weapons are done.

Although I think an upgrade to the Simulacrum that allowed people to test builds freely would mostly solve the restriction situation as far as I'm concerned, but that's a different thread entirely.

I simply formaed my fav frame far enough that I have the full 12 points free for Exilus and some more points free should they ever decide to release Primed mod X. 

Not like it takes forever to relevel a frame o.o

Sure...you might need 3-5 Forma on your guy (depending on frame) to achieve your goals now...but seriously...Exilus is the icing on top to give your best frames something extra...not something you're meant to just spam on every frame you get...its' cost speaks for itself here...I mean ffs it costs 2 Forma to make one.

Edited by Shehriazad