The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Thought Arcwing Was Going To Be The Next Big Thing

ss4chris

Few play it cause it doesn't have much game play variety and is much less rewarding then normal missions. 

Also, space flight in archwing is very 2 dimensional with a fixed vertical axis. 

DE needs to incorporate 3D based flight mechanics to make it somewhat interesting and make it feel like you really are in space where there's no up or down imo.

Mostly because the devs abandoned it, and thus so did the players. A new weapon every few months doesn't make archwing interestingenough when there are about 10 enemies per faction, and about 20 tiles for the corpus and maybe 20 objects for the grineer, with only 2 game modes for each.

Compared to the rest of the game, archwing mode sure is fun yeah, but it gets repetitive very fast, in a game where the entirety of the gameplay hinges of repeating content, you need to make that repetitive feeling as minimal as possible, and archwing is the very definition of doing that wrong with its incredible lack of content.

The scary part is we're getting a raid primarily involving archwing soon, which will hopefully but most likely wont add new content to the majority of archwing outside the raid itself, and without doing that there's going to be a lot of people not able to do the raid because they never bothered with archwing since the content was incredibly dull, or complaining about having to do archwing and how dull it is.

Edited by Acaelus

Few play it cause it doesn't have much game play variety and is much less rewarding then normal missions. 

Also, space flight in archwing is very 2 dimensional with a fixed vertical axis. 

DE needs to incorporate 3D based flight mechanics to make it somewhat interesting and make it feel like you really are in space where there's no up or down imo.

I hope they work on it. I thought it was fun. It felt like being in a gundam sort of to me. no one plays it and i have so much to lvl and dont wanan solo.

being limited to interception and exterminate sucks. Hope U17 makes it better >.<

That's because archwing at the moment is practically the basics. So far the only updates archwing has recieved is the removal of stamina, and more weapons (which need their own fixes) with high costs and even more grind.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/518500-archwing-the-beta-inside-the-beta/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/506453-on-the-state-of-archwing/

According to Steve the testers found 3D archwing hard to use. I don't blame them 3D controls can be difficult.

Edited by Postal_pat

That's because what archwing has at the moment is practically the basics. So far the only updates archwing has recieved is the removal of stamina, and more weapons (which need their own fixes) with high costs and even more grind.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/518500-archwing-the-beta-inside-the-beta/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/506453-on-the-state-of-archwing/

According to Steve 3D archwing was very hard to use for the testers. I don't blame them 3D controls can be difficult.

well i hope they perfect it. >.<

According to Steve 3D archwing was very hard to use for the testers. I don't blame them 3D controls can be difficult.

I'm 100% sure there are players out there that would test it (for free even). I mean, someone who got to try something out before the rest? I'm sure they'd love that exclusive feel to it. 

Honestly in my opinion archwing was a bit overhyped, but that does not change the fact that they are not fleshing out the gamemode enough, they need more diversity within the maps and mission types, imo the weapons can wait. But they did say last Devstream that in the next update (I think) they will add a new archwing mission type, I am crossing my fingers for Archwing survival or defense. Overall in my opinion it could be very fun, if only it had much more diversity in basically everything, I hope this mission type gets much better over the next year.

but awhile after it came out i dont see anyone playing it >.< 0 squads most of the time. Im sad. ;( 

Yeah me 2

Archwing just needs some love.

Unfortunately the purpose now seems to be a method of farming for more mastery rank rather then enjoying the 'outside of the box' gaming.

It has a lot of potential, and flying around the asteroid fields blasting things is great fun.

I'd just love it if there was more to do ..

- more enemy types

- more endless missions

- starship assault 

- better radar

- actual transition between inside and outside (like Sharkwing)

Archwing just needs some love.

Unfortunately the purpose now seems to be a method of farming for more mastery rank rather then enjoying the 'outside of the box' gaming.

It has a lot of potential, and flying around the asteroid fields blasting things is great fun.

I'd just love it if there was more to do ..

- more enemy types

- more endless missions

- starship assault 

- better radar

- actual transition between inside and outside (like Sharkwing)

yup. i just want my mastery to 20. the game mode isnt fun like the beginning and that lasted 2 weeks >.<I worked my &#! getting every mod on arcwing.. for wut.. >.<

I think AW is suffering from a negative loop. People wont play it because it lacks content, so devs focus on it less because people dont play it.

If devs focus on it less thats sad/ bad approach to take it. you want to focus on it so we have incentive/ want to play it not less to the point of zero existence. heck they made a prime ver of Odonata for one of the prime accesses. thats going to make one of the prime acceses not worth it if they dont further develop prime access

For the love of God, Archwing capture. You interdict a vessel, kill the turrets and accompanying small frigates around it, crash into it, kill everyone on board on foot, and then finally place the capture tethers on it.

You tell me you wouldn't have tons of fun playing that.

id be happy if they made more powerful weapons for them like a missle launcher similar to the seeker ablity or a another railgun thats a bit bigger with a bit more raw damage

i dont think stronger weapons would solve the issue we're having with arcwing atm >.< but good try though. need more content/ modes.

A proper space-combat-sim is frantic, intense and fun.

Archwing is a warframe with wings who sort of hover around the place.

The mevement is too slow and clumbsy.

The collission-boxes on enemies and objects WAY to big, I keep colliding with things in a very unnatural way.

Enemies crowd you like a magnet. While this works for normal play, in space it is so obvious that archwing is just the same game but without a floor.

They need to redo the space-engine and go all in. Unless they do, I am not touching it again.

I like it and think it will be far better once we can go from space station to Archwing back to the space station. What they did with Sharkwing is simply amazing and I am glad i already had formaed my weapons and added one to my Itzal...and I collected all the mods. I think the new infested boss will be really freaken cool....that is whenever they finish it.

For the love of God, Archwing capture. You interdict a vessel, kill the turrets and accompanying small frigates around it, crash into it, kill everyone on board on foot, and then finally place the capture tethers on it.

You tell me you wouldn't have tons of fun playing that.

IMO that sounds f-ing awesome and would love to play it...same thing with Spy 2.0

Archwing was the next big thing... to be abandoned.
This happens all the time , DE over hypes a feature that they work on for a year , release it with low content with many bugs and bad quality of life issues and never fix it fully. Kubrows were once the next big thing , you can see how much they kept up with them...

Sentinels , same story.

Just lament it now and move on , in couple months a new best thing will come out and the cycle will repeat.

I was excited for a rail shooter in this game, since I am a huge Panzer Dragoon fan. I mean, I did not expect it to be as good as Panzer Dragoon but shoot.....it's not even a full mission type. Least it has less bugs than the map on Uranus. I just really dislike Uranus now.

Ever since they announced it it was obvious that it would be the next big fail. More content dilution with flawed and inappropriate mechanics. Ať the current state of the game it was just a huge resource sink. Those resources should have been used elsewhere. But DE loves to stretch horizontally instead of adding depth to the shallow waters of the game content.

Problems with Archwing:

A) Long drawn out exterminate/sabotage missions with few enemies far and in between.
B) Arching lacks any sense of tension. In every Archwing mission you encounter the same variety of enemies(will be next point) who fire shots at you but when the player realizes that regardless of how weak your archwing actually is, you can sidestep every single one of them.
C) Lack types luster enemies with the biggest variety in enemies being just a tankier enemy with slow shooting projectiles from a small less tanky enemy shooting innaccurate lasers.
D) Maps are bland as hell, just orbiting a planet with the same cut and paste stars, asteroids, ships etc.

E) Melee looks cool at first but it's really as simple as spam press E to kill.

F) Rifle combat is bland as hell
G) Actually dumbs down normal gameplay in Warframe. Archwing controls and abilities are actually less versatile and less maneuver than our common tenno leading to less overall strategy, taking cover or any kind of complexity in the X, Y ,Z axis