Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade Vs Cube

escape123

one is more offensive.

the other is more defensive.

if you have both. switch them out depending on your playstyle or if you think you can go all out or need to tread carefully.

they are kinda designed that way you know. to be situationally useful.

would be better to state what your playstyle is. aggressive? defensive?

Dethcube for sure.  With his mod, Vaporize maxed and his rifle fully modded, I have had him one shot lvl 30 to 40 regular mobs next to me.  I think it has a cooldown but it is still pretty sweet.  Also, his normal damage seems pretty strong to me.  When I'm releveling a new frame after a polarity slot added, he one shots everything until i get above 15 ish.  Get him if you want a high damage sentinel.

it depends on the frame i am using trinity is bad with shade IMO as you become cloaked. using your companion cube with trinity is great because it has a high damage output and you can use link and just run around playing the support role, doing that with the shade will cloak you forcing enemies to find an alt target.

I use both with my loki depending on what im doing. if im speed run farming you can use both but i prefer the cube then on the lower levels for killing everything fast as hell and the cube can take care of those annoying rollers for you.

on my Banshee and Ember i prefer the shade. theyboth have strong abilities but are squishy, run in do the dmg and get out

tank frame like frost and rhino benefit from both, it all depends on your playstyle and what you prioritize strategically.

Depends what you use it for. Shade allows me to get into the middle of a group of enemies and drop a Soundquake with Banshee, making the loss of invulnerability less of a problem, 

In all honesty, I would never expect a pet in any game to be able to match my characters damage output, meanin that going for a high damage doesn't really give me anything, and just makes me compete for kills. 

Utility on the other hand helps alot. My Shade has maxed pistol ROF, maxed stun and basic fire and electrical elemental cards. This means that when it does actually shoot something it has say a 1/3 chance of stunning it, reducing damage done to me, and allowing for more murder to be dispensed =D.

Dethcube > Wyrm. (it actually does something unlike Wyrm)

Shade and Dethcube are hard to compare since Shade stealths you and Dethcube kills stuff for you.

Edited by Rabcor

The shade will scale with any enemy much like Loki's abilities do.

Because it's utility. Sure, the Wyrm is good at first, maybe even to level 30, but it draws more agro because it fires, and therefore takes damage more often.

The shade on the other hand retaliates for you, it's kinda like your best friend.

Then the shade will cloak you and it, removing the shade from combat. Cloak is amazingly spammed. Much more then I would have thought, tbh. Were talking one cloak about every 10-15 seconds.

Overall, I think the shade is more all around useful.