Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Stalker Reaction Vs New Stalker Reaction.

My reactions:

First time stalker: Em. What's happening? OMG, someone is after me! *panic followed by a quick death*

Second reaction: Ohoh. It's happening again. What do I do? *puts up a fight and dies*

Third reaction: Ok, you bastard. This time I'm prepared. Bring it! *uses radial blind and slaughters stalker with gorgon*

From then on he has become less and less threatening but so is the nature of repetitive horror. You get used to it.

He is still a mean bastard and makes me alert when he pops up and I find it highly threatening to fight him while engaged with regular enemies.

But I'm not panicking anymore.

You want to buff stalker?

Every time he taunts you, he puts an automatically hitting arrow into you. He taunts you faster so your shields don't regenerate.

He only uses dread to kill off your shields. When your shields hit 0 he spawns.

When he spawns he directly attacks you without standup animation and uses Despairs and melee to kill you.

That would give me the feeling of still being 'hunted'.

Stalker was never really a challenge unless he cornered you while you were under attack, otherwise he was pretty easy to beat. Heck, on one occasion where he turned up my whole group basically went "yeah, we don't really care" and just ran away from him, leaving him mournfully staring at the pipe we left through wishing he could wall-run.

Edited by Aeshi

Everyone was lvl 10-15  weapons with half upgraded mods.

Everyone is now lvl30 weapons with almost maxed mods.

If he was always a massive lvl above your weapons, yeah, the terror would still be there.

The first time I encountered him post-U8 deployment was with my new Level 1 throwing knives and sniper rifle... no, it's not that our weapons are overpowered now, it's that you can easily dodge his weapons that makes him such a push-over. Having high level weapons just helps ending it faster, but he's just not that dangerous anymore, unless you hold still.

Edit:

To expand on that, I used a lot more level 30 weapons and frames pre-U8 than now, and he was a lot more challenging with those equipped than he's now, even when facing them with one of my lower level frames equipped with new weaponry. :(

Edited by Feindfeuer

The first time I encountered him post-U8 deployment was with my new Level 1 throwing knives and sniper rifle... no, it's not that our weapons are overpowered now, it's that you can easily dodge his weapons that makes him such a push-over. Having high level weapons just helps ending it faster, but he's just not that dangerous anymore, unless you hold still.

Edit:

To expand on that, I used a lot more level 30 weapons and frames pre-U8 than now, and he was a lot more challenging with those equipped than he's now, even when facing them with one of my lower level frames equipped with new weaponry. :(

Agreed.