Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Void Missions] Game Is Using A Huge Amount Of Upload/cpu Power.

Sebbo

Hey DE,

today i have played my first Void mission.

First of all, it looks really awesome and i was happy to play it the first time.

Unfortunately the game (while playing a void mission) uses a huge amount of memory power and upload.

I livestream your game on a regular basis and i experienced/realized that my connection is not the best (especially while i am streaming). People are getting lags but its still running okay for all of the people who join my game (and yeah, even without running a stream in the background).

The Void missions on the other hand drop my framerate down to (under) 30 FPS (even in Solo), also using so much traffic on my upload that my stream decided to stop working and i wasnt able to cast my game right in the moment my friend has joining the session. After he left, i was able to cast again.

This never happened before. As i said, their connection to me is bad, thats it, but it never happened that my stream went down because i had not enough upload speed available.

I think you have to tweak there for a bit. :)

I can confirm the increased CPU usage. I have a fairly crappy processor and I'm already CPU limited, and playing in the Void decreases FPS from 50-60 to 20-30 when not hosting. I'm not too sure about the amount of FPS, since I've had only one run there so far. It's more of an estimate, but you get the idea.

My game runs like crap to begin with, and void runs are very close to unplayable in 90% of the rooms due to horrible framerates. Yeah, it looks pretty, but that doesn't really matter to me if I have to look at it through a slideshow.

Look I'm not saying that this isn't a valid point, but usually when you bring a concern like this to point you provide your specs. The Devs cant even consider possibilities unless they have an idea of what you're working with. Then at least they can come back and say you do or do not meet the recommended minimum hardware requirements for the game. I can sit here all day long and tell you I don't have a problem with the new Void levels, but until I offer you the perspective of my hardware it doesn't mean a thing. I am running the AsRock Z77 extreme 6 mobo, i5 3570K, GTX 670 gpu, and 8 G ddr3 1600Mhz ram. My internet is 25Mbps. Now you understand why I don't have a problem. If the game is slowing down for you that is the interface of where what the design team has made meets what you have built in your machine. You can't really expect them to have a great response until they have some idea of what your cooking with.

I also have noticed problems in the Performance of the Void Missions and dropping fps (also I did not measure it)

my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 (920)

Ram: 10GB

GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 (4GB)

Running the game on maxed settings and PhysX enabled (on DX11 I think)

This should be enough to run the game Problemfree in my opinion...

I am able to do void missions tough, but the Performance of the new maps could be better (the old ones run really good).

Look I'm not saying that this isn't a valid point, but usually when you bring a concern like this to point you provide your specs. The Devs cant even consider possibilities unless they have an idea of what you're working with. Then at least they can come back and say you do or do not meet the recommended minimum hardware requirements for the game. I can sit here all day long and tell you I don't have a problem with the new Void levels, but until I offer you the perspective of my hardware it doesn't mean a thing. I am running the AsRock Z77 extreme 6 mobo, i5 3570K, GTX 670 gpu, and 8 G ddr3 1600Mhz ram. My internet is 25Mbps. Now you understand why I don't have a problem. If the game is slowing down for you that is the interface of where what the design team has made meets what you have built in your machine. You can't really expect them to have a great response until they have some idea of what your cooking with.

It doesn't quite work like that. While devs can optimize for specific parts, just pointing out that one area of the game doesn't run as smooth as the rest of it gives some idea of where to look at when optimizing. Faster code = making the game run faster = faster on every machine. But I get what you're saying. Here:

CPU: Intel i3-530

GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti

RAM: 8 GB

@ThexDLolNoob

Yea I didn't mean to suggest the Devs could just wave a magic wand and make it all better. But at least if you provide stats they can begin to see where what they have set up is starting to fail and then decide if that point is acceptable to them or if they want to try to do something about it. My set up is pretty new, (but not bleeding edge) and I crank out the game without a problem. From my point of view with my limited knowledge of game development and pc hardware I would expect that if your internets are up to speed you should be able to play the game. Question becomes if you cant, why not, and what should be done? These questions I don't have answers to. But now if one of the all powerful reads this thread and chooses to grace us with an answer of some kind or another at least that being will have the relevant information of your situation available to be considered. As a player the best I can do now is wish you the best of luck and generic computer pointers you probably already know like: don't be running any background programs, try playing with your graphic settings, rub a rabbit's foot before you start a Void mission, never use AOL, ect ect.  :)

Maybe this will spawn a tech support addition to the forum...

or maybe this thread should be down in the performance section? Maybe someone there will have a better tip ..

Edited by Carcharias