Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

" The Aspect Of Smoke " Full Ash Rework Suggestion

Tenedranox

@Dragon,

Also, I think that with incorporation of parkour 2.0, that if Ash where to bullet jump high into the air, it should increase his range for Blade Storm as he could survey/cover a greater area with greater efficiency and therefore would negate (at least) some of the need for range mods. Power Strength could increase the damage and number of enemies targeted, but the height increase would enhance the overall area of effect. In this way, his Blade Storm would be more of just that, Ash, literally, raining himself/clones down upon enemies with their wristblades. Doing this off a high ledge would increase the range even more.

It's just an experimental idea, but I like the physics behind it.

Then again, it would have to be a mechanic that was enabled for all frames in some fashion or another, but would be cool and would give the new parkour an even greater synergy.

Also a cool idea, but i think it would be bit complicated to implement in terms of code twisting (putting in an increase while airbone will not work that great, sometimes u are airbone even while running tho..)

I have a nice pic in my head: the smoke windrow flies over the enemy, smoke clones dashing out of the cloud creating even more smoke on impact with the ground and execute all enemies, blood and smoke is in the air.

I Have some Great News about Ash, not a Guarantee but Im sure that it is a functional thing i heard from a person in Forums

From what I heard and have tried these mods now affect Bladestorm/Teleport boys soo go and Have Fun!

11994218_977772168935997_643154751_n.jpg11997915_977772752269272_841706330_n.jpg

Yes the Animation of Bladestorm is affected by your Melee weapons attack speed soo Bladestorm in speed, style, and grace Tenno! xD

I tried it for Myself and I do notice a slight increase in animation attack speeds with Both Bladestorm and Teleports Finisher kills.

The Berserker I noticed doesnt proc in Bladestorm itself you need to proc it then Cast Bladestorm but if this is correct this is GREAT now try it out and tell me if it feels different. Try it with a Fury and Berserker and try without and tell me if it seems different?

Hmm even more dps for BS....well not really necassary but nice. Still it isnt what ash needs, but better than nothing.

Also a cool idea, but i think it would be bit complicated to implement in terms of code twisting (putting in an increase while airbone will not work that great, sometimes u are airbone even while running tho..)

I have a nice pic in my head: the smoke windrow flies over the enemy, smoke clones dashing out of the cloud creating even more smoke on impact with the ground and execute all enemies, blood and smoke is in the air.

Hmm even more dps for BS....well not really necassary but nice. Still it isnt what ash needs, but better than nothing.

Yeah i mean we still hope and dream for that ultimate rework, but hey its a Start in the right direction and Im happy.

Btw have you played Conclave lately? DE are implementing some of our concepts in the shadows with our notice or concent xD

Idc as long as it happens but Smoke screen got a cute little mod for us to play with....

12041961_981516895228191_1991736799_n.jp

Not exactly a smoke/choke cloud and not in the actual PvE but its a small start and I think they wanna experiment with our concepts without notifying us. xD

Oooh DE when will you show one of us Dear fans Love? 

Yeah i mean we still hope and dream for that ultimate rework, but hey its a Start in the right direction and Im happy.

Btw have you played Conclave lately? DE are implementing some of our concepts in the shadows with our notice or concent xD

Idc as long as it happens but Smoke screen got a cute little mod for us to play with....

12041961_981516895228191_1991736799_n.jp

Not exactly a smoke/choke cloud and not in the actual PvE but its a small start and I think they wanna experiment with our concepts without notifying us. xD

Oooh DE when will you show one of us Dear fans Love? 

Is this PvE yet? I wanna use it.

Is this PvE yet? I wanna use it.

Yes i have it but the Latency in PvP is soo bad it doesnt always help and I gotten killed as a result of casting smoke screen which kinda pissed me off but Conclaves soo Broken they need to make it by Mastery Rnnks and Conclave ranks aswell cuz some guys abuse there experience in conclave it gets annoying and boring.

More balance is needed in PvP but back to OP your thread takes a part in this new Bladestorm rework aswell soo make some ideas dude and im sure DE will Stalk this thread and steal some ideas from here after all Your Smoke Dash was stolen for Wukong soo you should feel accomplished

=D +1 for Smoke Dash

Yes i have it but the Latency in PvP is soo bad it doesnt always help and I gotten killed as a result of casting smoke screen which kinda pissed me off but Conclaves soo Broken they need to make it by Mastery Rnnks and Conclave ranks aswell cuz some guys abuse there experience in conclave it gets annoying and boring.

More balance is needed in PvP but back to OP your thread takes a part in this new Bladestorm rework aswell soo make some ideas dude and im sure DE will Stalk this thread and steal some ideas from here after all Your Smoke Dash was stolen for Wukong soo you should feel accomplished

=D +1 for Smoke Dash

i wouldnt say it was stolen, im sure that they also can came up with smth like that by there own, but thx for calling it worth stealing ^^

to be honest im not sure how to improve my thread.....lost my creativity? maybe...ill see how it turns out ^^ maybe some artwork for better skill understanding would be nice, but besides that what should i do?

i wouldnt say it was stolen, im sure that they also can came up with smth like that by there own, but thx for calling it worth stealing ^^

to be honest im not sure how to improve my thread.....lost my creativity? maybe...ill see how it turns out ^^ maybe some artwork for better skill understanding would be nice, but besides that what should i do?

Find motivation, I compare Ash with other Ninjas in other games like Zed and Master Yi (LeagueofLegends)

Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden,Yoshimitsu, etc. Just do some research and post more Videos.

As of right now im more Focused on Bladestorm with the interactive ability, animation redesign, and synergizing other abilities while in Badestorm.

A Bladestorm mode like Hysteria/Exalted Blade is in the works and I agree to this change, we might be able to run longer Bladestorms then before which where annoying to watch.

The only satisfaction i get from Bladestorm currently is the fact Im invincible and my trickery goes off soo much i benefit from this in T4 long runs like Interceptions Survivals Defences etc. Trickery was a slight way of DE saying heres something to separate Ash from Lokis longer duration.

Also making Ash alot more Tankier and adding to his survivability

Whooosh whats that? a header? will there come more?

maybe...im not a big artist ^^

(if anybody thinks, thats S#&$, i can do that better, then go for it and make it better! ^^ and pm me ur pics ;D u dont have to lol...)

Edited by Dragonblack175

Whooosh whats that? a header? will there come more?

maybe...im not a big artist ^^

(if anybody thinks, thats S#&$, i can do that better, then go for it and make it better! ^^ and pm me ur pics ;D u dont have to lol...)

Well if you didnt understand my concept I will readdress it.

I do wish that Bladestorm smoke clouds choke enemies marked but the slicing and shredding enemies in half is the effect i was thinking of as a result of enemies being killed, not a passive. The smoke clouds are a must not only for visual effects but work as a utility/CC for Bladestorm and help Ash chose his next set of Targets.

Heres a good reason to why i think enemies should be sliced to bits as a result of Bladestorm.

Bladestorms damage is considered FINISHER/SLASH damage and an emphasis on this Slash damage effect with severed enemies is indeed a nice effect plus Adds to the GORE department that im sure Geoff loves. If only he would see this it would possibly inspire his future concept for Bladestorms animation.

Remember this effect is only for visuals. The actual mechanic and synergy lies in the smoke clouds that stun and open possible strikes for Ash/Clones Bladestorm rampage. 

Casting Shuriken in Bladestorm costs and drains it Faster aswell as Casting Smoke Screen. Teleport should be free and have a moderate range to gain mobility in Bladestorm

Ashs clones only appear while Ash attacks or Casts Shuriken which adds 6 shurikens due to the 2 clones plus Ash throwing 2 shuriken each

Well if you didnt understand my concept I will readdress it.

I do wish that Bladestorm smoke clouds choke enemies marked but the slicing and shredding enemies in half is the effect i was thinking of as a result of enemies being killed, not a passive. The smoke clouds are a must not only for visual effects but work as a utility/CC for Bladestorm and help Ash chose his next set of Targets.

Heres a good reason to why i think enemies should be sliced to bits as a result of Bladestorm.

Bladestorms damage is considered FINISHER/SLASH damage and an emphasis on this Slash damage effect with severed enemies is indeed a nice effect plus Adds to the GORE department that im sure Geoff loves. If only he would see this it would possibly inspire his future concept for Bladestorms animation.

Remember this effect is only for visuals. The actual mechanic and synergy lies in the smoke clouds that stun and open possible strikes for Ash/Clones Bladestorm rampage. 

Casting Shuriken in Bladestorm costs and drains it Faster aswell as Casting Smoke Screen. Teleport should be free and have a moderate range to gain mobility in Bladestorm

Ashs clones only appear while Ash attacks or Casts Shuriken which adds 6 shurikens due to the 2 clones plus Ash throwing 2 shuriken each

I understand ur concept ^^ but these here is my thread and here ill produce my own ideas (inspired by u, GR etc.)

I have an idea how to implement this slash mechanic, still working on it.

We are both getting closer to each others concept ^^ thats fine, but some tweaks and differences will hopefully stay.

Edited by Dragonblack175

I understand ur concept ^^ but these here is my thread and here ill produce my own ideas (inspired by u, GR etc.)

I have an idea how to implement this slash mechanic, still working on it.

We are both getting closer to each others concept ^^ thats fine, but some tweaks and differences will hopefully stay.

I completely changed my thread name and idea check it out. Its time for the DEVs to give credit where its due. I see Moderators comment on certain threads but it seems like they dont comment on any Ash threads unless its to Lock it x_x Ohwell

Added detailed animation suggestion for shurikens and bladestorm. Added augment suggestion for smoke dash.

I hope u all can now better imagine how it could look like ^^

I completely changed my thread name and idea check it out. Its time for the DEVs to give credit where its due. I see Moderators comment on certain threads but it seems like they dont comment on any Ash threads unless its to Lock it x_x Ohwell

yes i have read it, also linked it here. Ye the moderators ^^ sometimes they reply on something but not often, so we'll see :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ash's theme centered on Smoke. It's a very interesting aproach, fits him well.

I can't wrap my head about charging abilities since that would make combat less fluid (think what happens when you use a melee and the stance requires you to hold)

The abilities having Synergy seems very reasonable.

Love the Smoke Dash, sounds really cool and fun to use.

I can't wrap my head about charging abilities since that would make combat less fluid (think what happens when you use a melee and the stance requires you to hold)

U got a point tho, but that less fluid stuff i would sacrifice for this quality of life stuff....maybe some keybinding stuff...i dunno, its hard, maybe double tapping to start charging?............

U got a point tho, but that less fluid stuff i would sacrifice for this quality of life stuff....maybe some keybinding stuff...i dunno, its hard, maybe double tapping to start charging?............

Rule of Cool kinds of trumps everything else, plus isn't a mayor drawback, just an observation.

-snip-

-snip-

To be honest I have to disagree. It may be a change, but I don't really think it would be problematic. And if you don't want to use the Fuuma Shuriken, you wouldn't have to. But tbh I don't think the stances that require you to hold make anything less fluid.

• 2 weeks later...

Shuriken  > Innate remove armor % 

Smoke Screen > No more affected by duration mods ( NOW USE POWER EFFICIENCY ) 

Passive Ability > Ash will be invisible while not rushing running ( fast walk makes ash invisible )

That passive would be pretty OP imo. 

Shuriken  > Innate remove armor % 

Smoke Screen > No more affected by duration mods ( NOW USE POWER EFFICIENCY ) 

Passive Ability > Ash will be invisible while not rushing running ( fast walk makes ash invisible )

so..

Thanks rnicks, i appreciate ur feedback

but ur suggestion for his passive is way too strong in combination with the rest of my suggestion (would be nice if the other abilites would suck, or he has support abilities) the drain in smoke screen dont fit my focus of my concept, because its duration based mainly

the idea with shuriken pretty nice though, also have further thoughts about that ability, so i'll change the text a bit in the future

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Recently there have been again more discussions in the community about ash, so i also made some thoughts again about it.

I reread my thread, looking for smth that should be changed, so most of the stuff stayed the same but i was able to tweak some stuff. Enjoy!