Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mistress Asimina (Art Gallery) Updated 4/4/2019

evergreenmind

You can add a section in the OP just for them :)

Maybe i should, but i want to keep the gallery atleast a bit in order and only have there either finished artworks or concept art/sketches that straightly tie into the concept.

I feel like these quickies aren't good enough

Edited by evergreenmind

Gallery uppdated:

SO, it have been brought to my attention that Asimina's choices of wardrobe aren't exactly as "Corpus" themed as they should be.

- I fixed it.

New image can be found under MISC. ART:

It's currently only linework, but i'm going to color it very soon.

-This has absolutely nothing to do with YandereSamantha and her current rework on Sera Vidar/ The Oracle and me feeling threatened by it.

Absolutely none.

None at all.

nope.

no.

nah.

Edited by evergreenmind

Now she can give Darvo some pocketmoney, no matter where they are XD just take it from the dress

Darvo dun need no pocket money anymore .. *insert pic of peeved Darvo here*

Seen the Opulas Robe in game yet? looks awesome. Also a cape made from credits.

So that's what the Corpus wear to show that they're fat cats.

Darvo dun need no pocket money anymore .. *insert pic of peeved Darvo here*

Seen the Opulas Robe in game yet? looks awesome. Also a cape made from credits.

So that's what the Corpus wear to show that they're fat cats.

- Ma, i'm too old for this! *huffs*

Oh man dat cape, so tacky and ugly. I WANT it.

It also made me realize that the credit - theme should be mandatory on all big shot Corpus people.  Well, all who want to be as stylish as Neffy or Alad.

I might need to make more dresses to Asimina now ...

Something extra:

y3ibY6U.png

- What i find hardest in writing/drawing Frohd and Asimina together is actually imagining Frohd saying ... anything.

Because ... that voice ... how am i supposed to come up with anything romantic when he sounds like a bag of wild boards choking on a toaster that's on fire!

Whenever i'm done with some nice dialogue, i remember what he sound like and go "you know what ... this sounds dumb" and just scrap everything.

Imagine him talking dirty with that voice. Hek, imagine him pillow -talking with that voice! It doesn't work. 

I don't know how Asimina stands him ... maybe she's just used to it ...

Edited by evergreenmind

... Speaking of voices, i've been trying to find a actress/singer/etc, that would fit my idea of what Asimina sounds like.

It's turned out to be ... difficult. It gets very frustrating after 45 mins of listening samples from a voice actresses citing make up - ads only come to the conclusion that they ALL sound the same.

Asimina is supposed to have a low, husky, slightly raspy voice. A tone lower than your average lady but still a bit sing-y at the end of sentences (when she's happy, at least). Her manner of speech is always very calm and dedicated, like everything she says was planned out a month in advance. Her voice gets higher and brittle only when she loses her temper. I think she's a okay singer.

She tends to over due her r's, m's, t's ,h's and o's / u's a little. 

Her voice is clearest out of the Bek family, with the raspy - tone happening due to her age. Plus the obligatory radio - chitter that all characters in Warframe have. I don't think she has any strong accents.

The closest voices i've come upon are either Kaija Koo - a Finnish singer. Or @EveryllMusic from YouTube.

- The search continues. All help/tips are appreciated.

Edited by evergreenmind

... Speaking of voices, i've been trying to find a actress/singer/etc, that would fit my idea of what Asimina sounds like.

It's turned out to be ... difficult. It gets very frustrating after 45 mins of listening samples from a voice actresses citing make up - ads only come to the conclusion that they ALL sound the same.

Asimina is supposed to have a low, husky, slightly raspy voice. A tone lower than your average lady but still a bit sing-y at the end of sentences (when she's happy, at least). Her manner of speech is always very calm and dedicated, like everything she says was planned out a month in advance. Her voice gets higher and brittle only when she loses her temper. I think she's a okay singer.

She tends to over due her r's, m's, t's ,h's and o's / u's a little. 

Her voice is clearest out of the Bek family, with the raspy - tone happening due to her age. Plus the obligatory radio - chitter that all characters in Warframe have. I don't think she has any strong accents.

The closest voices i've come upon are either Kaija Koo - a Finnish singer. Or @EveryllMusic from YouTube.

- The search continues. All help/tips are appreciated.

Wow ... I really admire the hard work you put into this.

Hm... maybe you could also / listen especially to the ladies in cartoon . These voice actors are professionals who might meet your requirements too.

I personally think that the people who do the cartoon voice overs sometimes do a better job than normal actors.

Maybe it's because the expressions of characters in cartoons are usually.... completely exaggerated. And you need a lot of skill to meet this... lvl of exaggerated emotions. Hope this makes sense.

Also, nice drawing. Can't imagine Frohd saying ANYTHING that sounds sexy.

Wow ... I really admire the hard work you put into this.

Hm... maybe you could also / listen especially to the ladies in cartoon . These voice actors are professionals who might meet your requirements too.

I personally think that the people who do the cartoon voice overs sometimes do a better job than normal actors.

Maybe it's because the expressions of characters in cartoons are usually.... completely exaggerated. And you need a lot of skill to meet this... lvl of exaggerated emotions. Hope this makes sense.

Also, nice drawing. Can't imagine Frohd saying ANYTHING that sounds sexy.

Hard work ... obsession ... same thing.

That's good advise, i haven't thought of going into cartoons for the voice. Thank you!

(I think Kathleen Turner might be kinda OK, if i remeber her voice correctly.)

I did that drawing around 9 am, glad you like it :) can you hear him say it out loud?

A inquiry of sorts:

I want to draw Mistress Asimina with some Tenno, but i can't come up with any ideas for it. (read: i have  ideas but they're all stupid)

If people would throw ideas for a scene at me, that would be most appreciated.

I also thought that, if someone wants, it would be fun if some of the Tenno could be actual players so that their colors and cosmetics match, I need ref. photos of course for that ...

A inquiry of sorts:

I want to draw Mistress Asimina with some Tenno, but i can't come up with any ideas for it. (read: i have  ideas but they're all stupid)

If people would throw ideas for a scene at me, that would be most appreciated.

I also thought that, if someone wants, it would be fun if some of the Tenno could be actual players so that their colors and cosmetics match, I need ref. photos of course for that ...

Hmmm I imagine her nagging at a Tenno for not taking good care of her precious Dianthus, while the Tenno has a "but... but" stance and Darvo laughs and goes "It's ok, mom". Dunno if that's a good idea but it's the mental image I had after reading her dialog in the concept thread.

Hmmm I imagine her nagging at a Tenno for not taking good care of her precious Dianthus, while the Tenno has a "but... but" stance and Darvo laughs and goes "It's ok, mom". Dunno if that's a good idea but it's the mental image I had after reading her dialog in the concept thread.

Oh god, that's perfect :D

But which Warframe would be unfortunate enough to be scolded at?

I read that in his voice and I just lost it

It's 00:10 here and I'm crying and laughing at the same time

- Tittysprinkles Asi, tittysprinkles!

- Forget it, i'm not doing it.

and YOU should be sleeping. Don't make me come over there and take your phone away >:/

BTW How's that Sera rework coming along? ( my drawing hand is itching ...)

Volt it is. Just a black and blue Volt Prime with Storm helmet and Udyat syandana. Let me know if these are good or if you need something else.

Pure black is always hard to read, but no problemos i'll manage.

I probably won't make it anything super detailed, just basecolors and some nice hue.

Volt prime huh ... hard to think a prime would be willing to be scolded at.

Edited by evergreenmind

Pure black is always hard to read, but no problemos i'll manage.

I probably won't make it anything super detailed, just basecolors and some nice hue.

Volt prime huh ... hard to think a prime would be willing to be scolded at.

Volt Prime's details are rather lackluster if you ask me, hence I coloured him that dark. The gold armor is where he shines at. (Is that a pun? Ordis will attempt to bypass this fault...)

Oh, and it's not like he doesn't get nagged at by Lotus already, don't worry ;)

What... Titty sprinkles? I don't even know what that means! XD

I bet it's lewd.

Oh, the mental images...

Edited by MartianJellyfish

Gallery updated:

Added a suggestion by MartianJellyfish: (Hope i got your Volt right!)

Hmmm I imagine her nagging at a Tenno for not taking good care of her precious Dianthus, while the Tenno has a "but... but" stance and Darvo laughs and goes "It's ok, mom".

New pic can be found under MISC.ART

- Asimina is rather docile most of the time (what if a bit of a snarker), but there's round about three things in the solar system that cause her fuse to burn in a record time

- First is any type of interaction with her own siblings.
  - second is Frohd. Just ... just Frohd.
  - And the third is Darvo getting hurt. or someone threatening to hurt him. or someone accidentally hurting him. You get the idea ...