The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prestige Vs Renown (Rant)

(PSN)ATreidezz

True enough. But even then, we won't be able to buy any exclusive skin, even with discounted platinum.

And I am not even against consoles getting the discounts as well.

So, instead of fighting among ourselves, why don't consoles request DE for plat discounts and we, PC players, request for our line of exclusives?

Consoles can't get the discounts because plat purchases on PS4 and XBone are handled through their respective stores, not through DE's.

This post is useless 

As a ps4 player I don't mind that we get Odonata I mean it has it's useful abilitys and prime is only slightly better do yeah

if you want to argue about it then do notice ours is a 'moving skin' and they just get a shiny x 

So if you really want to argue then think before you do so 

It affects me because it denies other players access to content that should be given to everyone. At this point, I own both a ps4 and a pc. I can get any exclusive content I want (save for jade skins). I don't, however, want anyone to be denied content just because of the system they are on.

By the way, now that you have brought up value for your money, lets talk about the price of these skins. I can get 2 on ps4, plus some plat, for 10 bucks, while I can get 4 on pc for 5 bucks. Seems pretty fair to me.

"Costs a leg"- I got a phased vauban skin for 2 bucks. Yeah, wow. That's what I'd call a high price. 

"But what if I want all of the skins?" You have to dish out some cash. Same for console players. You can get the lower end for a much lower price, but have to pay a high premium for the most rare stuff. Seems pretty fair. If you want a certain skin on console, you just have to wait. I can get a skin on pc right now if I wanted to.

PC has a lot of exclusives left over from when consoles didn't exist. Ps4 and Xbox are really just playing catch-up at this point. 

Primsa tigris is $70  $112

Rubedo Twins are $70

Edited by RoboticApplesWithLasers

I have yet to see any PC players mention exclusive plat discounts they can get, and I still see some complaining that they don't have an exclusive pack.

I would much rather have the chance to get 50-75% off plat than get two skins for weapons I will probably rarely use and some plat.

Edited by (PS4)KiloCrusher

This post is useless 

As a ps4 player I don't mind that we get Odonata I mean it has it's useful abilitys and prime is only slightly better do yeah

if you want to argue about it then do notice ours is a 'moving skin' and they just get a shiny x 

I don't care either because I don't bother with archwing, but at the same time, I am less likely to buy a skin that is for something usesless than I would something I use constantly. Itzal is the best wing so . . .

I have yet to see any PC players mention exclusive plat discounts they can get, and I still see some complaining that they don't have an exclusive pack.

I would much rather have the chance to get 50-75% off plat than get two skins for weapons I will probably rarely use and some plat.

I've gotten one 50% discount in my 1-2 years of activity and not a single 75% discount. We don't mention them because they're not really worth mentioning. Consoles as least get a couple consistent sales such as the summer one which was 30% - nothing super giant but at least it's not RNG based.

I've gotten one 50% discount in my 1-2 years of activity and not a single 75% discount. We don't mention them because they're not really worth mentioning. Consoles as least get a couple consistent sales such as the summer one which was 30% - nothing super giant but at least it's not RNG based.

The other thing worth mentioning:

Nobody is stopping console players from playing on PC. If you prefer the discounts over the bundles, come and join the PC community, feel free.

Every household has a PC nowadays, but not everyone can afford to get a console to play on. I'm playing on a 9 year old rig, it's not great, it's downright awful actually, but atleast I can play the game. And so could they if they really wanted.

Every comparison they made so far has no ground to stand on.

Edited by Cynaris

The other thing worth mentioning:

Nobody is stopping console players from playing on PC. If you prefer the discounts over the bundles, come and join the PC community, feel free.

Every household has a PC nowadays, but not everyone can afford to get a console to play on. I'm playing on a 9 year old rig, it's not great, it's downright awful actually, but atleast I can play the game. And so could they if they really wanted.

Every comparison they made so far has no ground to stand on.

Well, and this is why I would never support the console industry. I don't even buy games for my friends that use consoles, I just find something else that I think they'll like.

I can't see any way to justify spending $400-500 dollars for something that can only do games, and even then it can't really do much else. You could build a good gaming computer for that much, and also stream music/movies, download apps, customize it completely, have more control because of the versatility of keyboard/mouse (which, I would like to point out, is starting to cause problems for the PC community who still have plenty of keys left to bind but are being held back), etc.

This post is useless 

The X pulsates like the energy color on all the jade skins and it looks sweet. We can change energy color too. Although I remember when changing the color on the latron jade skin, it applied the chosen color over the bright green. I was only to make lighter green colors and red due to that.