Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.4.2

DE_Adam

Comments are edited-into the quote; if it's in italics or bold, it's mine.

Vulklok Weapon Changes:

The following changes have been made to the Sentinel Vulklok weapon as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/526736-psa-vulklok-damage-adjustments/

• Weapon damage has been reduced. ---------- Understandable, though I can't say I'm happy....
  • Weapon accuracy and rate of fire has been reduced. ---------- These two I'm gonna need to look into -- especially the accuracy nerf; on a sniper weapon, that makes very little sense.
  • Proc chance for electric procs has been increased. ---------- Okay, that's nice, ty.
  • Weapon crit chance and crit damage has been increased. ---------- Again, nice, and makes sense considering it's a sniper weapon.

• Tweaked the combo animations on the Ninkondi to feel more fluid. ---------- Nice, thanks for that.
  • Fixed the UI displaying 5 runs required for a complete Invasion instead of 3 when hovering over nodes in the Star Chart. ---------- Thanks, noticed that earlier.
  • Fixed Arcane Revives not being visible in the Revive UI of Archwing Missions. ---------- While I don't have any Arcane Revives to use, I'm sure that there are plenty of players who are rather glad for this, so thanks.
  • Fixed Nova’s Antimatter Absorb Augment Mod not being affected by power range Mods. ---------- ALL OF MY YAYZ. (once I get my nova prime finished....)

• Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP. ---------- WARNING! WARNING! DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!
  • PLEASE explain what you mean by this fix* DE -- did you take away the fixed range entirely, did you change it to another default range, what exactly did you change such that you now say that it's 'fixed'?
  • *I get that you're going to be working on how range is affected via the shield ASAP, but I'm not asking for details on that; all I want to know is what you've changed already, not what you're planning on doing -- because I understand that you still need to do brainstorming, prototyping, testing, QA for that.

BTW, still no fix for Hek damage nerf. Unintended or not, it should have been fixed already.

What Hek damage nerf?

My Hek is doing over 20k damage per shot. And I've only got 2 formas in it >_>

oh boy more fixes from new stuff that was released, how surprising. 

Still No Fix For

*Banshee's Silence makes enemies target sentinel aggressively, destroying it easily

*Enemies standing up in vortex, in some cases long enough for them to fire their weapon

*Syndicate effects that boost shield taking away the effects of cold hazard tilesets (instead of having halved shields, when it procs you will have full shields for the rest of the mission)

*Carrier will hover pickups in your face even if you don't need them: occurs more often with nova prime and loki prime. This includes energy orbs, and you will permanently hear the energy pickup sound until you use a power to use the energy in your face. 

*Repost Before 120 Secs In Trading, Timer Resets To 120 Secs

*Headshot kill sounds not playing for clients (bug since game hit open beta :D!)

*Banshee's Silence prevents Maggots from latching onto the player 

*Game refuses to let the player use a mod that is on their sentinel, even if the mod is not currently being used on their current sentinel weapon config. (it will claim both mods are being used by your sentinel at the same time which is impossible)

*Clicking "copy warframe" colors bugged on weapons, will default to weapon color defaults instead of warframe colors https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/524527-severe-color-exploit-bug-along-with-default-colors-issue/

DE Rebecca:  Update 17.2.4  -  Fixes:  "Fixed some inconsistencies with Chesa retrieval behaviour on items that are in areas that have already been retrieved. More fixes will be rolled out as we continue to address polish items."

https://forums.warfr...4/#entry5791880

There do not appear to be any fixes for the Chesa in this update. Is there an ETA on when the "more fixes" promised in Update 17.2.4 will be "rolled out" to address the functionality problems with the Chesa that have not been fixed? The Chesa problem was included as a August 28th Hot Topic but there does not appear to be any feedback from DE on the issue. On Devstream #59 DE Rebecca attempted to obtain clarification from DE Sheldon on the Carrier Vacuum debate but only in brief passing mentioned the word Chesa. When the discussion transitioned to Kubrows the Chesa topic was avoided and instead DE Sheldon discussed "Pack Tactics", which appeared to be a distraction to properly responding to the core issue and player comments that have been posted regarding the Chesa.

My Chesa is still broken as there seems to be a bug which limits the amount of items that the Chesa can pickup per trip to only 3 amongst all the rest of the problems. On 8/13/2015 Prime Time #83 (time code 50:47) DE Sheldon stated:  "Hey, there is a fix almost ready for Chesa. I was gonna say I tested it today. Chesa will go around and pickup all kinds of stuff before she comes back to you." Picking up 3 items per trip cannot be considered picking up "all kinds of stuff before" returning to the owner.

The thread below has in depth discussion, review, and suggestions for various approaches to fixing the Chesa's functionality so that it works correctly as player's requested and DE implied. After all, on 8/2/2015 when DE Steve was asked if the Chesa was intended to be comparable to carrier on his Twitter account he stated "that is the goal sorta, needs some improvements". As of current the Chesa is not comparable to carrier and this bugged cap of limiting the trip pick up to 3 items is a big part of that issue.

https://forums.warfr...hype-destroyed/

That thread now has over 15,482 views so the Chesa topic is clearly important to players. So why is DE avoiding directly commenting on the Chesa and fixing the AI issues but rather expending time to add new "Pack Tactics" before even making the basic functionality work reliably and as intended?

-snipped useless rant- don't ever post under the effect of a rage inducing nerf kids !

The volt shield range bonus was there for so long, it was a loved feature of volt users... I hope you bring it back as good or even better I seriously do, for the sake of my 800hours on Volt/Prime.

Meanwhile please revert this change, taking without giving anything in return is called stealing, Volt didn't need that kind of treatment (and please don't make it an augment that'd be a plain finger to the face of the few Volt users left)

Edited by lukaself

******OK! So I did some testing. I played Ceres Exterminaton AND Defense. The Vulklok without Heavy Caliber can't even hit the big &#! grineers 10 meters away if they walk like a turtle. Sniper? What? Where?? BUFF THE ACCURACY TO 50 ATLEAST!

It's collecting dust until buff. Back to the "not for pros" Carrier. (Sorry, Greg) ;)

Edited by Multicom-EN-

*Game refuses to let the player use a mod that is on their sentinel, even if the mod is not currently being used on their current sentinel weapon config. (it will claim both mods are being used by your sentinel at the same time which is impossible)

I have never heard of such bug, nor have I experienced said claim. It is likely that you are referring to the Sentinel Weapon v Warframe Weapon relationship, where "this cannot be used because <insert name> is already in use, Auto-resolve" and all that colorful stuff. You sure it's not just that you are seeing? 

******OK! So I did some testing. I played Ceres Exterminaton AND Defense. The Vulklok without Heavy Caliber can't even hit the big ! grineers 10 meters away if they walk like a turtle. Sniper? What? Where?? BUFF THE ACCURACY TO 50 ATLEAST!

It's collecting dust until buff. Back to the "not for pros" Carrier. 

No they should buff it back to 100 and if the warframe is moving dial it down a bit even the prisma rifle has a 100 for it and that isn't a sniper

Not worried about the Volt changes yet. They are planning a rework (not just the mentioned looking at weapon ranges with ES, but they talked about a full Volt rework recently) and while ES is a good ability as it stands, it's rather incomplete and it definitely needs a serious look. 

Used to be you could stack the crit infinitely I think with ES, and they nerfed that because it was way too OP/broken -- but now you can't stack the crit multiplier at all, only the electric damage bonus. However, I think Steve said shortly after that they may have nerfed it too hard. 

So, there is a lot to be done with ES when they rework it. Right now range and power strength don't affect it at all, and I think at least allowing power strength to affect it could be interesting. 

Instead of allowing people to stack crit multiplier up to a certain amount of shields, or giving people greatly diminishing returns (both of these are viable solutions imo, but not the best), they could just make the crit multiplier/electricity damage bonus and range boost from ES be increased by power strength. 

And then have the range buff be longer/and different in function based on the type of weapon, such as if whether it is shotgun, continuous beam, explosive launcher, etc. 

Anyways I know a lot of rework for Volt is coming so I'm not complaining until I see how he turns out. I'll still leave my suggestions for him all over the forums though, in the hopes they take some of my ideas into consideration. As someone with a lot of playtime with both versions of Volt. 

Also if Shock could be refreshed on stunned enemies and lasted a little longer, it would be a lot better. 

Make Speed affect Parkour speed as well, so it's not an obsolete skill. 

Then replace Overload with something good. Tada Volt is fixed. 

Why you complaining, I don't get. It's deffinetly off being able to sit on Ceres Defense doing nothing for 20 waves while my Sentinel cleans up....that's just.....off....The Vulkor Nerf was more than needed for balance.

Plus the crits now able him to go into red territory if modded well, which is nice....

IF it hits yes it hits even harder problem is even with terminal velocity it misses plenty often like 2/3 of the time paired with a halfed RoF that is a severe nerf. Even worse we can´t do anything to improve that since there is no mod that improves accuracy. Before it was travel time that impaired the aim, we could mod accordingly and slot terminal velocity, there is no way to get around this nerf.

At first I thought as well, what the hell it will hit even harder with this despite the Rof nerf.....then after some testing I realized: " A look it misses more than it hits despite all the modding, slotting terminal velocity not slotting heavy cal.... nice". It is useless now, well done.

You know a simple RoF nerf and a modest damage reduction would have done the trick, instead you choose this......"picard facepalm". 

Oh and your "red crit" territory boils down to 1.5% chance for people not slotting a maxed arcane avenger.......

Its reaction time is also somewhat down.....

Forcing people to mod for crits limits its utility even more, that deserves a double facepalm....

Edited by Hatzeputt

Still no fix: Stupid idea of how to spoil a good sentinel weapon.

Still no fix for Vulklok's lowered damage, fire rate, and accuracy.

Still no fix for sentential weapons.

Still no fix for only carrier being used.

Still no fix for sentential requiring their own copy of rifle or shot gun mods, and refusing to let you use the same mods in your own rifle or shot gun.

Well, Vulklok numbers don't look too bad to be fair.

Default stats

DMG: 85 electric

Magazine: 10

ROF: 0.5

Crit chance: 37.5%

Crit DMG: x2.5

ACC 28.6

Needs further testing.

No, it doesn't. An AMAZING 71.3% cut to accuracy (on a SNIPER RIFLE, no less) HALF the fire rate, and a 15% damage reduction are NOT JUSTIFIED by a measly 17.5% chance of and 0.5x damage boost to critical hits.

This has been fun, but I can only be slapped in the face, blindsided, and jostled around so much before I start to get pretty pissed off. "Beta" versions don't even do this, hell the original everquest wasn't (well, maybe just about) this bad. Good to see there are still developers that can make games just as well/poorly as they did 20 years ago.

DE STOP CHANGING STUFF SO MUCH AFTER YOU RELEASE IT!!! Knee-jerk moves like this are a surefire way to reduce your playerbase. Word of mouth is 10x more effective than any advertising. You can bet there will be tons of gamers complaining about this (among other things) to their friends. Some of which will decide not to try out your game in the future. Just a thought.

Really confused, ran a spy alert mission and nova's absorb had range scaling, went to draco ceres and now all range scaling is gone, and it's the exact same size it was before this fix. Not completely fixed it seems.

*edit* went to pluto defense and it's big again, so far that's 2/3 tiles working as intended, both so far being corpus that work. Not sure if related.

Edited by NearoC

Rename it the mole mortar, a lot more fitting slow clumsy to hit....yep fits the nerfed vulklok well.  

Sniper sentinel that has trouble to hit a barn door beyond 20 yards......that is a new one.

Dude approaching the pentagon:" Hey guys we have a new drone, it hits like a truck but it has trouble to hit a barn door beyond 20 yards.. its a sniper"

Pentagon dude:"Sniper....trouble beyond 20 yards.... do I have to show you the door or do you might find it alone?"

Edited by Hatzeputt