The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Hear Your Theories

(XBOX)G R A V O C

So before we begin - I understand that Dark Sectors (the 2008 game) is solely the spiritual successor of Warframe, which does not indicate any direct relation to any Lore within the Warframe universe.

Now that is over - IF we lived in a universe in which Warframe is the very far away prologue of Dark Sector, what would your theories be on how we went from Hayden Tenno, to Warframe as we know it right now?

If the lore directly linked, then we know the Tenno are human (well at least Hayden anyways).

- It is much more likely to state that the Orokin is the advancement of humanity, transcending from countries and states to one sole empire that is conquering (and destroying) the solar system.

- give us insight to the Corpus and Grineer lives pre-Orokin collapse.

- Ect..

So again - tell me your biggest and most creative theories on how you believe that Hayden Tenno went from that, to what we have in front of us today?

Side question: How much time do you think passed between Hayden's days and now?

Again, another disclaimer. I know this is all entirely fiction. I do not need to be reminded 1,000 times that Dark Sector does not tie to Warframe. This is a place of 'what if' and a place where we can let our imaginations run wild. If you cannot respect that, then obviously you have no soul and no creativity.

We're gonna find out in U18 what exactly we are and a lot of what is going on in the cinematic quest. I'm done theory crafting until that comes along, no point imo.

I will say this though. In a devstream once, DE clarified that "Dark sector is at least partially canon to Warframe". Not as a 'spiritual successor' but as actual canon. This could mean anything from same universe, same organizations, to w/e. Nothing was clarified other than there are some direct relations.

to say dark sector has nothing to do with warframe is incorrect (the devs have even said on a scale of relavancy from 1-10 its about a 4) but i feel the time gap is soooooo huge that not much is able to be carried over to being relevant...however to actually be on topic if i had to say the method of 'evolution' to what the tenno are from hayden tenno....id say that my personal theory is he found others like himself (both in physical 'deformity' (his inability to feel pain) and mind set) and converted them to a technocyte infected individual and with the help of the black market acquired more suits like his....this carried on for ages till the events of the orokin era and then we're here today...

to say dark sector has nothing to do with warframe is incorrect (the devs have even said on a scale of relavancy from 1-10 its about a 4) but i feel the time gap is soooooo huge that not much is able to be carried over to being relevant...however to actually be on topic if i had to say the method of 'evolution' to what the tenno are from hayden tenno....id say that my personal theory is he found others like himself (both in physical 'deformity' (his inability to feel pain) and mind set) and converted them to a technocyte infected individual and with the help of the black market acquired more suits like his....this carried on for ages till the events of the orokin era and then we're here today...

They actually said that Dark Sector happened so far in the past, that the events in the game had no effect on Warframe. This was from Steve. Megan said that they're inextricably linked through the borrowing of art style, concepts, etc. They're in the same universe, but it's not necessarily canon to Warframe. 

I've seen like 2 people in total with the "4 on the relevancy scale" thing. Where are you getting that from? I've never seen or heard it.