Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Alliances.

Luminati07

Hey everyone,

We've all seen the threads over the last few days, mostly negative, but a few that have been positive.

I've posted this idea before, I asked it in the last livestream (unanswered), and messaged DE_Steve about it. (he didn't read it)

It's a way for smaller clans to actually be viable (in terms of the Clan Dojo), and a way for these small groups, to feel part of a larger community, while still retaining their original clan.

My idea is for a clan alliance system, plenty of MMORPG games have these. (Atlantica, for instance, had a system where 10 guilds could form a nation).

Several clans (3 or more), could form an alliance between them. This would have some benefits, such as helping each other construct the dojo, visiting other clan dojos etc.

Before anyone says something like "Why not just join a big clan". There's a bunch of reasons.

1. Some people don't want to be part of a massive clan.

2. Groups of friends often form clans between themselves, and don't want strangers in the group.

3. They don't want to leave their current one.

4. They like the name of their clan.

There's plenty of reasons that aren't listed, those are just a few.

What are your thoughts on this?

Any other ideas for potential benefits?

Hey everyone,

We've all seen the threads over the last few days, mostly negative, but a few that have been positive.

I've posted this idea before, I asked it in the last livestream (unanswered), and messaged DE_Steve about it. (he didn't read it)

It's a way for smaller clans to actually be viable (in terms of the Clan Dojo), and a way for these small groups, to feel part of a larger community, while still retaining their original clan.

My idea is for a clan alliance system, plenty of MMORPG games have these. (Atlantica, for instance, had a system where 10 guilds could form a nation).

Several clans (3 or more), could form an alliance between them. This would have some benefits, such as helping each other construct the dojo, visiting other clan dojos etc.

Before anyone says something like "Why not just join a big clan". There's a bunch of reasons.

1. Some people don't want to be part of a massive clan.

2. Groups of friends often form clans between themselves, and don't want strangers in the group.

3. They don't want to leave their current one.

4. They like the name of their clan.

There's plenty of reasons that aren't listed, those are just a few.

What are your thoughts on this?

Any other ideas for potential benefits?

I would ally with you

+1

you would be one of the 2 clans i would ally with actually.

:3

While the idea does sound cool I think its a long way off happening if they decided it was the right choice. it would take a lot of changes to make it so you could interact between clans like that, though I do feel we will one day see more interaction between the clans just not necessarily like that.

As far as helping each other with the dojo goes, while I am a sucker for a war effort in games (<3 AQ event in vanilla wow) it would probably cause more problems than good allowing that many people access to your clan dojo, it would need some pretty tight restrictions in place to stop people cheating the systems.

But ill give a +1 for a constructive idea and who knows maybe a future update will have this kind of idea in the planning phase already

Edited by Noobxs

What makes you think large cans would not use this feature thus negating all the good you try to do here. As long as everyone (clan) is able to benefit even more from a system, no matter what clan they are and what size, they will use the opportunity because who wouldn't and if you would restrict the ability do alliances for X amount of players, not only would it depend on a players view that what can be regarded as big or small clan so the line is hard to draw, on the top of that the system would create a lot of negative reputation from the big clans side if the restriction would be implemented.

Not only this but if two clans form alliance, they will get somewhere 1.5 faster-and more build things than they used to, when it comes to big clans, they would then get things 1.5 times faster.and more build things than they used to compare to small clan who does not form an alliance and they still remain the 1.0 ratio in building if the small one will emerge with another small clan so this, like I said, will negate the whole purpose.

Not only that but plain resources among the big clans will keep continue increasing and making them even more faster and effective when time passes by so the gain would be so minimal that there is no real reason to implement the whole thing at all.

Also in the game standpoint, what would alliances really do? Make things only faster for all and everyone would of course want to make as many alliances as possible so aside from the point that some people want to make small communities for reasons, might as well form one big clan of every player existing as the difference is nothing else except bigger living space in Dojo's.

If you would limit the alliance numbers to certain amount of alliances, small clans would benefit from it a bit and the five biggest ones would obviously make alliances with each other since it makes the most sense.

Also if the alliance system was balanced and would be introduced, there would be no point in having big clans anymore since small communities would get stuff almost as fast as big ones, while maintaining close relationships with friends and when in Dojo, you would not get disconnected often and the chat screen would not be filled with comments every second.

These are the problems alliance system will evolve, not impossible to resolve but as of yet I have never seen any good solution to this in any game and while other games might not suffer from this, the other games are not to be compared to this games Dojo/clan system since this games offer a lot different style of Dojo/clan and it's perks, than in most other games I know.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

I agree with what BETAOPTICS said... and yeah..

I think if you want to be 'part of a larger community' and still retain the close bonds of the people in your small clan... All I can think of is instead of forming alliances with clans... Clans can divide themselves into 'Squads' or something like that....

A roof organization whereas the partnered members retain their individual autonomic sovereignty is indeed a good and welcomed idea. Be it an alliance of clans, or privileged (self-naming rights, can only affects members within the cell, so on) cells within a single clan.

I support this notion carried forward.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein