The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scorpions Seem Extra Annoying Lately.

Kinetos

Is anyone else having more trouble with Grineer Scorpions lately? I usually don't have a problem with them, but today I'm seeing them hook me in the middle of Parkour, through large boxes, and while they are flying through the air from my ground slam attacks.

Can't be network latency, I'm playing solo.

I'm fine with Scorpions with their grapple attack even if it is annoying. What I'm not fine with is the fact that Scorpions can grapple you from their sides or back even though clearly their animation shows them shooting their grapple forward so they can grapple you even if you move past them.

Edited by IronWolfKnight

yes.. it used to be they wouldn't interrupt specific animations, but now it seems they do. They even drag me out of a slash-dash it seems.. Also, used to be my frame would autoparry most of them. Now not so much...

TBH.. it does make the game a bit harder, now I have to be aware of these beeshes and keep track of them. I personally consider this a good thing... It's been a while this game made me shout at my screen :D

It bothers me that Ballistas and Nullifiers had reductions in accuracy against moving targets, yet Ancients and Scorpions still have that perfect tracking with broken hitboxes.

Why hasn't this been changed yet? Nobody enjoys having the controller ripped out of their hands by something that only abilities can avoid.

Iron Skin.

Right, I tried hitting 2 over and over, I kept just moving faster or something...

Handspring, what knockdowns?

Constitution is in ALL my builds. I love when Ancients hook me because they are dead before their animation ends.

2 Scorpions and a bombard. Get knocked back and then knocked back and dead. Still not willing to clog my mod slots to add knockback mod.

hmm high armor negate scorpion impact damage... unless you got 300 hp then no wonder youll get one shot

well its high level mob so you need to bring survival setup instead of the typical damage mod setup

Scorpion hooks even do damage?
It's not even about the Scorpion and Bombard stack, it's about Scorpions hooking you in situations it should be literally impossible to do so, like THROUGH scenery.

It bothers me that Ballistas and Nullifiers had reductions in accuracy against moving targets, yet Ancients and Scorpions still have that perfect tracking with broken hitboxes.

Why hasn't this been changed yet? Nobody enjoys having the controller ripped out of their hands by something that only abilities can avoid.

Because things only get fixed if they help the player in some way. :l 

...okay in all honesty though, yes this is annoying as heck.

I hate that once an Ancient/Scorpion gets into position they pretty much ALWAYS use their hook on you. Even with handspring on, I'm just so sick of being chain-grabbed over and over as a dozen butchers/chargers wail on me while I remain stuck in a puddle of napalm flames/moa tar unable to do anything but watch.

And why do Ancients even have hooks? It makes no sense, and aren't their annoying aura abilities enough? ;-;

Yes. They've always been a pain, but I'm getting caught far more often recently, including in the middle of melee combos which usually stop me being knocked around.

this.

Also it seems they've devolped a new attack pattern... "Scorpion1 use grapple, player standing up*mid animation* Scorpion2 use grapple, player repeats animation, Scorpion3 use grapple, player stuck still in 2nd pull, Scorpion1 resets grapple... "

And why do Ancients even have hooks?

RIGHT!?

They aren't even snatching you with their long noodle arm, or firing out extra grabby tentacles within that arm. It's literally a metal hook on a metal wire that they fire right out of their slimy, fleshy hand.

It's so stupid.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to agree. I'm currently leveling new weapons and I bought a new game yesterday which is surprisingly exceptional considering the new games' franchise reputation, but I wanted to at least max out my new weapons before jumping into the new game.

I don't know what it was, I've had a hellish week with Warframe as it is, but the 7th time I got stunlocked by a pair of scorpions- which is to say that I would get hooked by one... dragged across a room... stand up- HOOKED AGAIN.... DRAGGED BACK TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM... Up again- slash/slash/slash dead scorpion, slash/slash/slash dead scorpion 14 times over, I just put away the game and started playing the new one.

This morning I chalk it up to my bad luck, maybe the algorithm is off or it's a bug (no pun intended), booted up Warframe and went about leveling again-

3 times two pairs of Scorpions stunlock me and then the last time it was A TRIO. 

I mean, this isn't at all affecting my ability to win and truth to be told I can't think of a single time that this has ever resulted in me actually dying- it's just the same as when the enemies lock the doors and you have to play that terrible mini-game. I mean, I can see why it does happen but that doesn't make it an engaging or fun game mechanic.

Until now I've shut up and just dealt with it seeing the number of forum posts that begin with "Actually- I think it's a fabulous game element" but seriously... Is this fun for people? Does anyone actually look forward to scorpions or stunlock enemies? Am I in the minority that when this happens it actuallly lowers my enjoyment of Warframe and at times I genuinely don't want to deal with it just to enjoy the good stuff?