The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Login Rewards Rewarding Bps For Items You Own

0shi

Can we remove that please? :)

Two of my last three have been blueprints for things I already have, making the login reward worth a mere 2500 credits, almost as bad as the old system!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a gift horse's mouth to examine.

Getting market- and credit-based blueprints or utility items for a random login reward has to be awesome for new players. Getting them for anyone beyond mastery rank 3 is just tiresome, as you have to search your already overflowing inventory for a measly 2,5k. Right now for me it's just an annoying waste of time to watch the lotto when logging in. Exactly the opposite of what the reward is supposed to be :)

Easy solution: Stop giving random purchaseable rewards for people with higher mastery ranks. Same goes for affinity, since the scale on which it rewards you (seeing as you've already gotten tons of affinity to get to a higher rank) is diminishing. There has to be something good about mastery rank besides random players trolling you for lack of social life.

So possible rewards for higher mastery ranks(possible scaling) would be: blueprints that are not purchaseable in the market (glaive, vauban parts, ceramic dagger, plasma sword etc). orokin potato bps, forma bps, alternate helmet bps, material bundles(a la 1000 ferriteish), mods.

Discussing only the 7+ day login rewards. (Lower tiers can stay as they are. Rewarding full activity is what I'd consider more important than logging a few times per week.)

I don't personally mind blueprints for items I already own. Approx 2-3k credits for a daily login is fine in my book (maybe increase the sale price on blueprints a tad bit?).

No more ammo boxes (I haven't seen any spinning on the wheel so I assume they are gone). Again a +.

Affinity for daily rewards.

Well this is what is the only somewhat negative part of the reward roll. I suggest 1 of 2 things.

Increase the amount of Affinity from the roll to approx 5-10k (value not set in stone, of course) and possibly make the affinity rewards as usable items in your inventory, as an example, choose which pistol will be getting the affinity boost. To avoid situations where the pistol you want to lvl isn't actually equipped because you were doing a high lvl mission with a fully leveled pistol and forgot to swap back before logging out.

Why the suggestion to increase the Affinity value? Well we have the "prestige" system with gear now. So players will be re-leveling their more favoured gear, thus decreasing the value of the current Affinity rewards rather notably.

Second idea in regards to the affinity rewards is to replace them with resource rewards. As an example. In order to not clog up the daily roll with more common items just replace the Affinity with a chance to get a random resource. The amount of said resource will depend on the resource you got (Neurode = 1[We all would love 2 because a lot of the blueprints want 2, but I think 1 would be better], Nano Spores = 100-500?[something like that, maybe more because Nano Spores have a high drop value as is], etc). So basically you roll on login as usual. It hits the "Random Resource" then either instantly roll that for a resource or for the sake of roll-novelty (it is a word now if it wasn't before) a new roll for a resource (preferably twice as fast as the Daily Roll itself) and as mentioned before, each resource would have a set reasonable value in the reward pool.

Why resources? Well we have the joy of farming for resources for the clan dojo, so why not give us a chance that, if we don't get anything highly valuable from the roll we at least get a bit of helpful resources.

If the resources were to replace Affinity on the Daily Roll then they should remain at the same chance as the Affinity as to not turn the Daily Roll into a Daily Resource Roll.

Last thing to say is. I'd prefer to see only 1 of the 2 showing up on the roll. Both together would reduce the Daily (I have been and still am talking about the 7+ day straight login rewards, exclusively) Roll into a less significant booster.

Now moving away from my ponderings.

I did see the idea of adding Platinum as a Daily reward in the forums. I'm not going to fall on my knees and beg that you'd do this. Infact I'm somewhat against it. Maybe as a reward for ranking up? Maybe, but not as a daily reward in my opinion.

EDIT: Removed a contratiction in my own text because I saw reason whilst writing this.

Edited by Ammolds

I would like to see a fourth reward tier which generates two rewards, of which you can choose one to receive. The requirement could be 14 or more days logged in in a row, and/or (if they're greedy) be available to people who've bought platinum.