Lets talk Warframes (Classes) and Mods.

Enfo

Cool, i survived all through pluto without any armor mods. I have a bunch of shield mods though(unimpressive ones), so I just do as i do in halo on legendary. Stick to cover and when your shields get knocked out you duck or stay safe until it recharges. Just gotta inch your way foward. Infested requires a different strategy, gotta kite them. I always thought this was common sense though.

I just feel the need to cut in at this point and applaud the way the OP boasts that it isn't that he -needs- armor, has just determined it with his 1337 skillz to be the "optimal" setup which he will use over everybody else's inferior builds because he is too 1337 to do otherwise... and then scoffs at the rest of us using cover. Or powers. Or uh, apparently anything that isn't his build, which is the 1337est build ever because any other build that outplays it is a "cheap" build for coward pansies and thus does not actually count?

Seriously, stacking nothing but shields and armor sounds like a -terrible- strategy for Pluto. I don't pretend to be particularly pro myself but it seems fairly clear that the major cause of taking damage on Pluto is getting overwhelmed by Moa spam, and better offensive output is the best way to avoid that situation to begin with.

But hey, have fun clogging every slot you have with armor. Our victories don't count, being effective is for cowards. :D

Hey OP, I'd like to make a guess what you wanted to say.

While there being various ways to play the game and complete missions, some of the ways are clearly more effective than others.

Which then kinda sucks, because those who want to find the most effective playstyle have only one or two options. But either of those playstyles aren't that kind of playstyles they like.

It's like you'd have to eat a chili pepper or a barrel full of sweets. And then you get 10 dollars once you've finished.

Both are doable, but the other is simply much easier.

So what we need is balance between the playstyles. Then you could choose if you wanted to eat a bag of sweets, few sandwiches or a piece of pie... or a handful of chili if you like.

To eat any of them takes as long as the other, but they just have different flavours.

So is this what you ment?

The thing is, Kaiku, there's not much difference at all. You can run 1-2 amour mods, or go full on 8 armour, and both ways you need the same tactic: asses each situation before you run in, use cover well, mind your regen.

Even if you go full on Armour, with the best defense possible, if you step outside into the open you'll be cut down in seconds. There's no way to survive the kind of assault the enemies can pile on.

The problem is that they're so easy to kill, and if you kill them fast enough they can't even touch you, so it doesn't matter if you have armour or not.

So if you're adept at killing stuff under pressure, you can burn through pluto solo with little trouble. And you can do this with mid range level 30 mods, you don't even need the high end dual mods stuff.

The point is it isn't limited, you can play Pluto with any mods you like, as long as you know what you're doing.

Ah, so I did kinda miss the point anyway.. Sorry :(

Anyway, I hope I got this right this time.

So, no matter what mods you use, any of them don't seem to give any noticable effect different from the other. Which means that different mods don't give any new playstyles to try out with their effects, because they're so minimal. Which then again makes you to question the reason of there being different mods in the first place.

Right?

Haha, no! :p

They do have noticable effect, just try playing with them for yourself on maps relevant to your level and you'll see. Mods are fine.

The problem is once you reach a certain power level, the game is just too easy. Pluto is supposed to be higher level content, and the enemies there are slightly stronger, but they still die very quickly (I can one shot most of them with my Snipetron, pretty standard mods on it).

If you can kill fast enough, you don't need the armour. It's not that the armour won't save you in a tight spot, it's that you probably won't get in many of those if you know what you're doing.

It's just not very difficult, and it's supposed to be (I think).

It just needs some balancing. It's hard to do that atm as half the users have all these dual super-powered mods they gathered before the nerf, and half don't, so I'm not really sure how they're going to go about it.

Aaaaa... Okay, now I got it.

Well we just simply need more missions with higher difficulty.

I wouldn't nerf the mods, it's nice to have the feel of progress when ever you find something better than what you already had.

I don't know a single game that wouldn't be too easy if it gives you always new stat boosts, but doesn't offer any new challenges.

You just reach that point some day.

If there were never ending missions and https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/4591-wave-based-modes-i-need-your-opinon/

Haha, no! :p

They do have noticable effect, just try playing with them for yourself on maps relevant to your level and you'll see. Mods are fine.

The problem is once you reach a certain power level, the game is just too easy. Pluto is supposed to be higher level content, and the enemies there are slightly stronger, but they still die very quickly (I can one shot most of them with my Snipetron, pretty standard mods on it).

If you can kill fast enough, you don't need the armour. It's not that the armour won't save you in a tight spot, it's that you probably won't get in many of those if you know what you're doing.

It's just not very difficult, and it's supposed to be (I think).

It just needs some balancing. It's hard to do that atm as half the users have all these dual super-powered mods they gathered before the nerf, and half don't, so I'm not really sure how they're going to go about it.

I really feel that we should take a Hades run together, cause i'm really curious how you go about doing it "fast" with your setup and i would love to see it efficiency wise. I'd like to see how you go about it after all this talk about everything being too easy.

I find stacking one form of defense very uneffective, frontloading 6-7 armor mods only lowers HP damage, its far better to mix Shield Capacity, Shield Recharge, Max HP and Armor together, as a single mod of each one will drastically improve warframe survivablity, even then, thats still only 4 of your mod slots used, which you can pile into either more offensive mods like improved melee damage or one of the several power mods, utility mods like stamina recovery or sprint speed, or even more of the defense mods depending on your warframe's skill set. I enjoy how easy it is to customise my warframe to the maps im in, extra health vs Infested, higher shields against the corpus, each faction has their own counters you need to figure out, one set up isn't the best for every situation.

snip

Well, I like to think it actually is that way.

Anyway, if changing mods, different loadout for different missions, is a good thing to do, then it'd be useful to be able to create own sets of mods so it'd be faster to change them.