Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[False Alarm!] 17.4.2 - Synoid Simulor Stealth Nerf?

shut

Original post:

Well, possibly, anyways.

Basically, pre-17.4.2, the radius of each blob-merge felt like it was around 15-17m. I didn't test it manually, but I know for sure that it was gigantic, to the point that shooting a couple of blobs forward in front of you would cause the AoE to hit enemies standing beside and behind your character.

Which makes sense, since the blobs drift 12m away from you and had a 15-17m blast radius.

Post-17.4.2, though, I noticed that the weapon was no longer capable of doing this, and it wasn't clearing out rooms nearly as effectively as it was pre-hotfix. Even when I fired as I usually do, half of the time the enemies I aimed at wouldn't be damaged at all since they were too far away from the blob merge.

I went into the Simalcrum and did some testing, and it turns out that post-17.4.2, the radius has been reduced to barely 11m.

So, what I'm requesting here is... first of all, confirmation from other players, to make sure this isn't all in my head.

Do any of you guys recall being able to hit enemies behind you with forward-launched SSimulor blobs prior to yesterday's hotfix? I clearly remember doing so, but I'm worried that it might just be my memory tricking me since I didn't record any cold, hard numbers to ensure that the old blast radius was indeed >15m.

If someone can confirm that this is indeed real and not my mind tricking me, then fingers crossed that this is a bug and not DE thinking that the SSimulor actually needed the nerfbat.

EDIT: According to VampirePirate, who has used the pre-17.4.2 SSimulor for far longer than I have, the "stealth nerf" that I perceived was all in my head and the blast radius of the weapon has always been 11m, never 15m.

False alarm; sorry, folks!

Edited by SortaRandom

Post-17.4.2, though, I noticed that the weapon was no longer capable of doing this, and it wasn't clearing out rooms nearly as effectively as it was pre-hotfix. Even when I fired as I usually do, half of the time the enemies I aimed at wouldn't be damaged at all since they were too far away from the blob merge.

I went into the Simalcrum and did some testing, and it turns out that post-17.4.2, the radius has been reduced to barely 11m.

So, what I'm requesting here is... first of all, confirmation from other players, to make sure this isn't all in my head.

Do any of you guys recall being able to hit enemies behind you with forward-launched SSimulor blobs prior to yesterday's hotfix?

Nope.  I used it crazily when it first came out and even before the update.  Never killed anything behind me while firing it.

Nope.  I used it crazily when it first came out and even before the update.  Never killed anything behind me while firing it.

Much appreciated, thanks! My memories must have been of me shooting and walking forward at the same time, I guess.

Editing thread title and stowing away pitchforks.

• 2 weeks later...