Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of suggestions

Tetsmeha

Here's a list of suggestions by me regarding current balancing issues and features/fixes for the future. This list is mainly for addressing issues that may or may not be known by the devs, but I also want to see what other people think needs fixing, and how others envision the future of Warframe.

Current version:

1.Warframe balancing issues

Ash:

-Ash's shuriken should be changed into a shotgun-like attack throwing multiple shurikens that shred enemy numbers. If left as it, it should not aim at the closest surface like an enemy, but the reticle's direction.

-Ash's teleport should obtain some sort of melee attack when using teleport. Because this would be a "melee" skill, he should gain invulnerability until the the attack is finished, while gaining a recovery time similar to Excalibur's slash dash.

-Ash's Blade Dance should make him invincible until the attack finishes. This would fix dying to Toxic Ancients while still teleporting around and killing random mobs.

-Blade Dance should also teleport Ash back to where he originally casts the skill. This prevents any chance of glitching into the stairs.

-Blade Dance's programming should be redone. It's sequence should be to track an enemy and execute the attack for every enemy to prevent blade dance from attacking where enemies last were.

-Smokescreen should be balanced around the stealth mechanics when introduced.

Excalibur:

-Slash dash should go up stairs :)

-Super jump should have damage potential or utility. Either scaling the jump melee attack for stealth gameplay, or maybe make super jump knock down/stagger enemies in a small AOE.

Volt:

-Leave overload as is, unless it is still 1-shotting bosses.

-Make the shield move with volt. Dark Sector had it and it was really useful.

2.Gun Balancing Issues

-Hek and Gorgon were considered extremely overpowered until recently. While both of their damage rating has gone down, the gorgon should have remained the same,but having it's rate reduced.

-The other rifle's damage should be up to par or better than the gorgon in a lot more situations. While the gorgon has extremely high DPS at close range headshots, other guns do not match up to it or are rewarded more(Except the Snipetron and Latron in some cases) when strategically using the rifle.

-Burst guns like the Burston and Sicarus should have a small bullet cone with the first shot being percise, and the rest accurate.

-Aklatos are 100% accurate without aiming, and while aiming. Although when aiming, the screen shake creates a psudo bullet spread, but should follow accuracy rules similar to the Gorgon (large cone when not aiming, smaller cone when aiming)

-Lex should have a small recoil when shot while not aiming. The current recoil while aiming should be left as is.

-Guns with a 100 accuracy rating should always have the first shot be 100% accurate when not moving.

-In general, bullet pathing should be re-aligned so that it hit's the center.

3.Melee Balancing Issues

-Daggers should all have an innate common special (ex. all daggers have 15% armor pen). Disregard this if Daggers were meant for the upcoming stealth mechanics.

-Daggers need a higher attack speed around 1.7 or under 2, or deal 2 instances of damage split. by 65% or a proper damage percent.

-All blunt weapons should ignore armor

-All cutting weapons should have higher crit chance, and slightly lower crit damage

-Players can walk on top of enemies who are crouched, either causing their melee attacks to turn into a jump

-Objects unaffected by physics(Drone mines, Jackal Grenades) can actually stick on players and enemies if they land on top of them. This is hilarious is some situations with a melee corpus covered in mines going jihad on you, and for most extremely frustrating having Jackal grenades stick on to you.

4.Map Issues

-The small rooms with control terminals and 3 lockers, you can get stuck in the corner between the left wall and the control terminal. Should have an invisible wall there to prevent players from jumping in it and getting stuck.

-Corpus cameras can see players and will laser wall them even though they are not in that grid/area. This is usually because of a player advancing ahead of the group, causing the grid to lock up when the camera faces the same direction as the door.

5.General Issues

-Camera randomly becoming all wonky when using Rhino charge and Ash blade dance. Also becomes all tilted randomly when players are able to move around before the mission cutscene starts up.

-Too much shaking with melee.

THE FUTURE:

-Maps!New maps and environments that encourage stealth before combat, and in combat.

-Weapons!New weapons that follow the current weapon templates. There are several longswords, but no unique weapons yet that are gauntlets, staffs, and dual swords.

-Melee overhaul! It's clear that the current melee system was placed in order to provide a basic moveset that would make melee viable over guns in certain situations. With the upcoming stealth mechanics, melee will introduce new ways of approaching maps and bosses.

-Boss remakes! Depending on how the gameplay and combat mechanics evolve, these bosses may be huge bosses with heavy attacks with long lead-in times that require percise dodging. Or small bosses that are agile, and devastate you with quick movements and large numbers keeping you on your toes for new cover. More bosses like the Jackal, with boss rooms that compliment or discourage using the enviornment for protection, or for damage.

-Stealth! Along with the new and changed maps, better stealth mechanics will be introduced for those who do not like being seen at all.

-Cosmetics! Shiny and cool accessories for warframes and their weapons! Neat skins or color patterns to make sure not every frame is just a recolor.

-Gamemodes! PVP arenas featuring TDM, FFA, or other unique modes. PVE arenas with Gauntlet mode, Survival mode, Boss Rush, and other unique modes.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If I see anything else or think of anything, I'll add it to this list. If anyone has anything they'd like to add to any of the categories, add a new category, or have any comments regarding the accuracy of my statements, reply so everyone can read it and discuss it.

Edited by Tetsmeha

-Gamemodes! PVP arenas featuring TDM, FFA, or other unique modes. PVE arenas with Gauntlet mode, Survival mode, Boss Rush, and other unique modes.

While some of these ideas are good I could not disagree more with this. There are plenty of PVP games. The reason I am here is I want something coop and different to play with my friends. DO NOT ADD PVP. When you add pvp add a need to balance further. Spend all their time and resources on expansion and finding ways to make the game less repetative. Maybe even look into some sort of open sandbox style world you can port into.

1.Warframe balancing issues

Ash:

-Ash's shuriken should be changed into a shotgun-like attack throwing multiple shurikens that shred enemy numbers. If left as it, it should not aim at the closest surface like an enemy, but the reticle's direction.

i strongly disagree on that. ash shuriken should work like ranged silent weapon only. thats a shuriken afterall and ash is supposed to be stealth class

not sure about rest of skills, jut aquired ash so i will test it all out.

Edited by n7snk

While some of these ideas are good I could not disagree more with this. There are plenty of PVP games. The reason I am here is I want something coop and different to play with my friends. DO NOT ADD PVP. When you add pvp add a need to balance further. Spend all their time and resources on expansion and finding ways to make the game less repetative. Maybe even look into some sort of open sandbox style world you can port into.

You don't balance PVP over mods and weapon levels. If every gun was level 1 and all the frames just had all their skills, there's no need to balance. Why people expect pvp to be mod based is beyond me.

I agree with this list overall. I can't speak for the Ash changes, haven't unlocked that frame, but the other proposed changes are excellent. I will chime in with the no PVP crowd though and say I would prefer PVP to be much farther down the road or not at all.

I agree with this list overall. I can't speak for the Ash changes, haven't unlocked that frame, but the other proposed changes are excellent. I will chime in with the no PVP crowd though and say I would prefer PVP to be much farther down the road or not at all.

Depending on how stealth is added, if there are two states of alert, it might be better for all the Warframe skills to have different effects in no alert and during alert states.