Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworking Void Rewards: Making Void Rewards Less Frustrating And More Rewarding

Quetzhal

A token system would work beautifully. Spiral Knights is an action MMO and the only way to get boss themed weapons is to fight the boss and exchange the tokens for the equipment.

Glad you agree! Spiral Knights, eh? Sounds interesting. I'll probably take a look at it.

Edited by Quetzhal

A token system would work beautifully. Spiral Knights is an action MMO and the only way to get boss themed weapons is to fight the boss and exchange the tokens for the equipment.

Guild Wars 2 uses tokens as reward for its dungeons to get cool looking top tier equipment. DCUO also uses (least when i played last) tokens for better equipment.

this is just out of randomness but maybe to make it a little more random they could make it where the game decides if you get a blue print or tokens the blue print part being rare of course to encourage more runs for tokens but this way you might just randomly get the part you want or need while farming tokens for it this might encourage key purchases more while still encouraging people to run the void again as they might just get lucky and get another print

this is just out of randomness but maybe to make it a little more random they could make it where the game decides if you get a blue print or tokens the blue print part being rare of course to encourage more runs for tokens but this way you might just randomly get the part you want or need while farming tokens for it this might encourage key purchases more while still encouraging people to run the void again as they might just get lucky and get another print

I included cosmetic rewards as an (occasional, rare) additional reward for a run so that people might be encouraged to keep making runs in that way. :D

The problem with replacing it with blueprints is that if you get the same one twice, you go back to that same "Aww, this run didn't get me anything" feeling. Cosmetic rewards don't affect gameplay, so it's great for RNG, keeps you doing runs, and since it's an additional reward you still feel rewarded when you don't get it or if you get one twice (you get tokens to buy other important/fun stuff with!).

OP I give you my support and hope that DE is looking at this.

Thank you! I hope so too, haha. I may request the topic be moved to Gameplay Feedback; it looks like it's gotten quite a bit of feedback from the players already anyway, which was the main reason I posted it here.

Alright, it looks like that latest patch did something about the drop rates. However, I believe this system is still advantageous in that it offers greater replayability once a player has finished collecting their equipment from the Void, and reduces the amount of RNG being used (because a lot of players are finding themselves frustrated with that). More importantly, this makes sure every run is rewarding in some way, as opposed to only some of them.

Also, Blatant was awesome and moved this topic for me. Huzzah!

Bumping because this is relevant and mentioned in the livestream! Thank you, Rebecca - never thought you'd mention this post. And don't worry, I can't pronounce my name either. :D

I think this system has just enough RNG (token range, cosmetics) in it to make it still feel rewarding to the players who like RNG, but is fairer to players with regards to progression. Sent a PM to Steve to clarify, since (for obvious reasons) this wasn't gone into in-depth in the livestream. Hoping he reads it, but I have this tendency to write really long posts.