Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'building Contracts' For Clan Dojo Projects - Utilise Rescue Missions

SymphNo9

By level I mean; 1-30 not rarety. like warframes

And eleborating on worker expiration it would be like if they're on the job for more then x hours then they disappear but take them of and they somehow regen

Another way:

Workers have health each build they participate in lowers it by x amount, it regens if you don't use him for a while(two plus days?) this would make it so you don't have to get o. To take the guy off before he expires

Also I think workers would be more powerful, then that maybe the workers are common but the mods making them efficient are less common

5 workers max per build

In terms of mods: time(expiration), speed(build time), efficiency(mats), ___

Also for the argument: "if the workers are that powerful then it will be to easy to build the dojo" Pluto is supposed to be the hardest planet if you can rescue there shouldn't you get that reward? And if not make them earn it make the enemy AI smarter

Architect worker type would determine build time maybe and number of contracts while the others would determine material amount

Edited by dukelego

By level I mean; 1-30 not rarety. like warframes

And eleborating on worker expiration it would be like if they're on the job for more then x hours then they disappear but take them of and they somehow regen

Another way:

Workers have health each build they participate in lowers it by x amount, it regens if you don't use him for a while(two plus days?)

Also I think workers would be more powerful, then that maybe the workers are common but the mods making them efficient are less common

5 workers max per build

In terms of mods: time(expiration), speed(build time), efficiency(mats), ___

Also for the argument: "if the workers are that powerful then it will be to easy to build the dojo" Pluto is supposed to be the hardest planet if you can rescue there shouldn't you get that reward? And if not make them earn it make the enemy AI smarter

Architect worker type would determine build time maybe

Oh yeah...never thought of it that way. I see your points with workers being able to level up and such. But I think it would kind of break the purpose of "gaining" a reward for doing the Rescue mission. With "temporary" employment, it still makes sense that we go out to rescue those confused singletons ;)

But I dig your idea with adding an extra layer of RPG element into the Dojo, but it would probably require an overhaul.

Oh yeah...never thought of it that way. I see your points with workers being able to level up and such. But I think it would kind of break the purpose of "gaining" a reward for doing the Rescue mission. With "temporary" employment, it still makes sense that we go out to rescue those confused singletons ;)

But I dig your idea with adding an extra layer of RPG element into the Dojo, but it would probably require an overhaul.

Well they wouldn't be temporary if you're careful with you builders then you won't loose them and will continue to be able to use them. its only if your not carefull with them that you loose them.

Another idea: while something is building the workers you applied to it with be "occupied" so that they cannot be used in another tile

Edited by dukelego

Well they wouldn't be temporary if you're careful with you builders then you won't loose them and will continue to be able to use them. its only if your not carefull with them that you loose them.

I meant that the workers should literally just disappear. It would keep the incentive to come back to the Rescue missions.

Another idea: while something is building the workers you applied to it with be "occupied" so that they cannot be used in another tile

Yea, workers should only be able to work at one place. Kind of a consumable you use on a working slot. But perhaps like SniperBozo suggested, that you can see them work when you stand in front of the construction area.

Edited by SymphNo9

I meant that the workers should literally just disappear. It would keep the incentive to come back to the Rescue missions.

But then they just become something else to farm, having them regen after they finish building the tile makes it so they don't become an item to be farmed.

Well what about, workers occupy slots and after X hours, they must be paid. This could be with credits, and depending on the workers rank, they require more fee. So you no longer have to replace a worker but just pay him to continue the work, and with that you don't have to go out and farm for new workers constantly. Only if you wish to deploy more workers of course.

The cost would have to be reasonable and fair. Numbers are just estimate but maybe something like this;

Rank 1 : 250k credits for 3 hours.

Rank 2 : 400k credits for 6 hours.

Rank 3 : 550k credits for 9 hours.

That is the total fee price to continue the work, everyone in the Dojo can donate to the fee. And once a project is done, the deployed workers will disappear, and you will have to find new workers for new projects.

Edited by SymphNo9

Well what about, workers occupy slots and after X hours, they must be paid. This could be with credits, and depending on the workers rank, they require more fee. So you no longer have to replace a worker but just pay him to continue the work, and with that you don't have to go out and farm for new workers constantly. Only if you wish to deploy more workers of course.

The cost would have to be reasonable and fair. Numbers are just estimate but maybe something like this;

Rank 1 : 250k credits for 3 hours.

Rank 2 : 400k credits for 6 hours.

Rank 3 : 550k credits for 9 hours.

Everyone in the Dojo can contribute to the fee. And once a project is done, the deployed workers will disappear, and you will have to find new workers for new projects.

Well if your upgrading the mods the guys going to be using that's already cost right there and there is already a base credit cost for each tile so I think that's what that would be (maybe increase it a little). Also this would have to be small clan friendly lets remember so that much per guy per tile would be way to much. Also if we go with per level and mod changes there will be many more levels then three

Well if your upgrading the mods the guys going to be using that's already cost right there and there is already a base credit cost for each tile so I think that's what that would be (maybe increase it a little). Also this would have to be small clan friendly lets remember so that much per guy per tile would be way to much. Also if we go with per level and mod changes there will be many more levels then three

I think you misunderstood me. The ranks are permanently and depending on drop from the Rescue missions. So higher level mission yields a higher chance to give you a rank 3 worker. You don't level up the ranks so no cost there, kind of like a mod with static level.

And the worker cost is just the total cost for X hours where every member may donate. Of course these prices are just fiction.

So assume you are 20 people and everyone contributing equally, a rank 1 worker would then cost 250k / 20 = 12.5k per fee. Which is not that much if you are active.

I think you misunderstood me. The ranks are permanently and depending on drop from the Rescue missions. So higher level mission yields a higher chance to give you a rank 3 worker. You don't level up the ranks so no cost there, kind of like a mod with static level.

And the worker cost is just the total cost for X hours where every member may donate. Of course these prices are just fiction.

So assume you are 20 people and everyone contributing equally, a rank 1 worker would then cost 250k / 20 = 12.5k per fee. Which is not that much if you are active.

But see if its just ranks like that and the way the drops are now you will just end up farming for rank threes and part of the point of these workers is to reduce that farming and have people do something else. Not sure what though :P farm stalker maybe?

And what about the really small groups or the solo players who have tier threes? They won't be able to use them if they want to save there creds

Edited by dukelego

But see if its just ranks like that and the way the drops are now you will just end up farming for rank threes and part of the point of these workers is to reduce that farming and have people do something else. Not sure what though :P farm stalker maybe?

And what about the really small groups or the solo players who have tier threes? They won't be able to use them if they want to save there creds

I agree that the rank 3 workers will inevitably be the one with most demand. However, to balance it, they should only be obtainable through high level Rescue missions, missions on Pluto for instance. Encouraging people to actually play on Pluto.

And I still believe the entry prices I have shown in the previous post are reasonable, both for small and large clans. By small, I mean non-solo or more than four players. Because you can't really call a single player or four friends, a "clan". That is just a squad, and not what DE has in mind with the Dojo really.

this is a very nice idea, I like it :)

Thank you! Glad you like it.

Edit: OP now has an example with worker cost and bonuses. Like this

--

Example:

Each worker will contribute a flat decrease of 0.5 tick / sec, to the build timer.

Level 1 worker : 0% material reduction, will work for 3 hours, cost 250k credits per refill.

Level 2 worker : 1% material reduction, will work for 6 hours, cost 400k credits per refill.

Level 3 worker : 2% material reduction, will work for 9 hours, cost 550k credits per refill.

Where level 3 may only be obtained through high level Rescue missions, such as on Pluto. Giving an incentive to go to Pluto etc.

Edited by SymphNo9

I take it those percentages are fillers right?

Yea, just placeholder values. But 2% reduction per worker is actually not bad, considering that a worker cap on a project could be 10-20 workers.

I was also thinking that the reduction could be a flat value, or a decrease for specific materials. So higher ranked workers reduce the more rare materials while lower ranked ones only reduce the common materials.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like a great idea!  Integrating mission types with certain functions sounds like a great asset to have in the game and would really give the game a bunch of new possibilities!  Lowered dojo resource costs and higher credit costs are also very good ideas.  I alone have around 1.5 million credits but not enough resources to build a single hallway by myself.  Increasing the credit cost would increase the value of credits and decreasing the resource cost would be great as it would allow smaller clans (like my own) to build more in the dojo.

And who knows?  This kind of thing could easily lead to other conseqences for mission types (dojo research speeding up for orokin artifacts found in raid missions, dojo seiges in which the opposing faction seeks revenge for exterminate missions, spy missions leading to a secondary research type, etc.).  The possibilities are limitless!