Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Or Rhino?

misterlibido

So I'm a new player to WarFrame and been playing Loki for a while and I'm about to receive my Prime Excalibur. Before actually playing the game I was looking at the WarFrame page and Rhino and Frost instantly caught my eye of attention. A lot of hp, tank type and just wrecks things in it's presence.

However, I've read that Rhino's Iron Skin has been nerfed to an extreme and wondering if he's useless without it, it can't be right but it's somewhat very less potential as it used to be. Is he still a good choice or should I just focus on Frost instead? Ice, tank type and some interesting skills but very common among players.

Can you help me decide? I'm planning to equip myself with a Scindo (Heavy Axe) and maybe a Gorgon or Sturn as my primary.

As for secondary I'm not very sure.

The rhino's iron skin got nerfed so he recieved less dammage, then it got buffed again so he got like a second shield with 1000 shield i think, so rhino is still werry potent to play as, and the radial blast still wrecks everything in you'r path :P

Rhino Iron skill is still pretty powerful, it used to be a 100% invulnerability, now it reduces incoming damage by 80%, still hell good.

As for Frost, well, he didn't had any nerf that i know off.

IMO i prefer Frost, i've just finished crafting it, and i will use it.

Why my choice? Simple, i love ice. My favorite element is ice, and frost is the expert warframe on it.

Like Rhine, Frost shares the same stats, while rhino is more of a defensive type, since he is purely control, none of his skills is pure damage (rhino charge does do damage, but it's not the main purpose, it's a knockdown skill), Frost, on the other hand, if the offensive type, although being a tank, most of his skills are damage based (ice wave and avalanche) while the other 2 are purely control (freeze and ice globe).

So, you want to be the offensive tank (Frost) or the defensive tank (Rhino)

Rhino is far from useless, but yes the nerf hit his Iron Skin ability pretty hard. For you I would suggest Frost might be the better option as he has some really cool abilities that combine effective damage output with a little bit of support. Ultimately up to you, but especially if you're picking up an Excal I wouldn't go with Rhino as their offensive abilities are quite similiar, except for the fact that Excal does them better.

rhino isnt unplayable they re buffed him back up ( not to the point where he was before but most are happy with the change)  Frost is more of a supportive type tank (still is highly capable of great offence) and rhino is more of just an attacking type, very little supportive roles for rhino. (iron skin good for reviving team)

actualy rihino got back his iron skin, so he is good again, not op, but good, i dont have frost, but when i get to defence missions frost better in it, becouse he have powers is for team play more , like that buble of ice around he can defend everyone in it from range atack, while rihino can do iron skin only on him self, but while in iron skin ,he can resurect 1-3 killed people.

I have Rhino but unless he gets changed some more I'm probably going to get Frost soon.

Rhino's Iron Skin isn't any use for me on higher levels. It seems to go away too quickly to be as useful a utility as just making a giant shield of ice around you.

Every time I see a Frost player they seem to be doing well shooting or using melee in their snow globe. You could just try Rhino first and try out his effects and you can run in to a person with Frost at some point and see the effects of snow globe, his main selling point.

Edited by Scoosh

Rhino seems to be just as viable with defense as Frost is now. With iron skin, he can be a living Decoy pulling enemies toward him instead of Naked Ned. I love the change that made Iron Skin grab aggro!

As for the choice between both, just chose which is comfortable for you, do you like ranged combat or getting up close and in the action? Former is Frost-territory, latter being Rhino.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

So I'm a new player to WarFrame and been playing Loki for a while and I'm about to receive my Prime Excalibur. Before actually playing the game I was looking at the WarFrame page and Rhino and Frost instantly caught my eye of attention. A lot of hp, tank type and just wrecks things in it's presence.

However, I've read that Rhino's Iron Skin has been nerfed to an extreme and wondering if he's useless without it, it can't be right but it's somewhat very less potential as it used to be. Is he still a good choice or should I just focus on Frost instead? Ice, tank type and some interesting skills but very common among players.

Can you help me decide? I'm planning to equip myself with a Scindo (Heavy Axe) and maybe a Gorgon or Sturn as my primary.

As for secondary I'm not very sure.

Rhino is still overpowered as far as defense goes. Frost has defense AND offense.

Decoy + Invisibility?

That doesn't nearly compete with Iron Skin's direct tanking capability. Max Decoy has less health than Max Iron skin and so the pulling effect will last much less.

Besides the OP is looking to decide between Rhino and Frost and I gave him assistance in that choice.