Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Equinox Affect A Speed Nova?

(XBOX)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

Question

Title says it all. In her day form she has the ability to give added strength. Does this affect a Speed Nova in here power range? I want to say yes but I have been on both sides of this and have to say in the void running my max speed nova build it seemed slower than normal with a Enox present.

I have run my max strength Enox in a ODD and it did not seem to affect the speed nova in the group. So now I have to see what you all think.

17 answers to this question

Provoke increases Ability Strength. Speed Nova relies on negative Ability Strength in order to speed enemies up rather than slow them. Provoke will push Nova's Power Strength in the positive direciton, making it lean towards slowing. With enough Power Strength, Equinox can almost completely negate the speed up from a Speed Nova.

Note that M-prime's slow effect is capped. I don't recall what it's capped at, but after a certain point, adding on more power strength won't do anything but increase the damage of the explosion chains.

he's talking about the speed build with negatif PS,

as Equinox gives more PS to abilities it's normal that she will slightly affect speed nova and make her speed bonus lower to enemies, infested are aleady fast so that's mostly why you didn't notice.

Edited by 6KIRA9

I figured it did. I fully understand both frames concepts and know how to build speed and slow novas. I just wanted to make sure what I was experiencing the first time I played with a Enox was correct, I want to say SLOVA  is capped at 175 like efficiency is but I rarely use my slow build and when I do the one I have on it does the job. Thanks for backing up my thinking

Hrm. Wonder if there's some potential here for having a Speed Nova for the first ~40 mins of a longer defense/surv, and then getting the Equinox to buff the Nova before MPrime for the second 'half' of the mission to get rid of the speed effect (which makes high level enemies hit soo freaking hard :P)

I think that could work out really well if the team was well coordinated. 

This was something I thought about when it was first released, just the ability to change Nova's speed during the mission like that could lead to all kinds of interesting possibilities. 

I think it's a clever idea, although I never got around to testing it. 

Yes and no. If the nova and Enox can work together as others have pointed out it can be a great combo. But if you are in with randoms yes this could lead to a fail of novas purpose. As for the changing speeds now that I think about it my Enox gives you a +46 strength increase.That being said this would really only bring nova close to neutral. Unless your talking there is a hidden buff of +30 strength on top of what is being shown when Enox 3rd power is in use

Edited by (XB1)OutspokenFlunky

Yeah you couldn't go from Speed Nova to full Slowva. You could go speed Nova to neutral Nova, which still slows them down a lot in comparison if you had been going full Speed Nova the rest of the match, and then finally had Equinox buff you and switch to a slower version. Or you could go with a partial speed build, so the mobs would still be fairly fast when you are trying to get through the early rounds, but you can get better than a neutral power strength slow with Equinox. 

It has a lot of potential, but only in very organized groups. Like some have said, in PUGS this could lead to all sorts of confusing issues, as well as intentional trolling. 

Hrm. Wonder if there's some potential here for having a Speed Nova for the first ~40 mins of a longer defense/surv, and then getting the Equinox to buff the Nova before MPrime for the second 'half' of the mission to get rid of the speed effect (which makes high level enemies hit soo freaking hard :P)

Yes it works pretty nicely. In addition, Equinox has Rage which as far as I know stacks multiplicatively with MP to speed up the lower levels even more.

Equinox Strength buff effects nova's Mol prime run speed. 

Nova's base slow is -30%

Nova's run speed is capped at -75%  or 145% strength (45% = 8/10 trans fort or Intensify + 2/10 blind rage).

no strength mods on nova and Overextended (-60% strength) increases enemy speed by +30%.

Putting more than 45% power strength on "debuff nova" is mostly pointless, as Antimatter drop Absorb damage does not scale with strength, your simply adding to the seconadry aoe detonation damage on mol prime, which only deals 800 blast damage in 10m

Most equinox players using maim will have overextended along with Transient fortitude and intensify, giving 25% strength bonus.

Multiple equinox can stack the buff to 50%

Equinox slash proc already slows targets, both make waves VERY slow!

in such a team setup on long survival or defense you should also consider using.... Banshee...... ... .. .. ..  .    .    alongside Netflix

Edited by Tatersail