Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Or Armor?

Cruizato

Question

Hello Tenno, ok.. I kinda know what both of this do, I just want concrete fundamented views of wich one is better to rank up, greetings!

BTW I have a Rhino, as you can see I am using a tank, so you can add comments about utility in this case too

Cru

EDIT:

Ok it is all that I thought.. so..lets narrow the question.. 

Rhino Mods here:

Rhino Charge: Max

Iron Skin: Max

Radial Blast: Max

Rush: 9

Continuity: 7

Flow: 7

Stretch: 6

Vitality:7 (9 x unmatched polarity slot)

Steel Fiber: 8 (4 x polarity slot))

Redirection: 10 (5 x polarity slot)

..giving me 870 Shield and 540 Health

SO.. The questions.. 

I have 1 point left, and a Forma to polarize my Rhino, then..

1.- Should I polarize?

2.- If yes, What polarity would you choose? To put wich mod?

4.- Would you change my setup? Why and how?

5.- Am I writing correct english? Cause it is not my mother language so.. any errors?? xD

6.- Any advice?? all welcome.. feel free to criticise, I won't take it the bad way of course :)

Greetings!!

Cru

Edited by Cruizato

19 answers to this question

Ok it is all that I thought.. so..lets narrow the question.. 

Rhino Mods here:

Rhino Charge: Max

Iron Skin: Max

Radial Blast: Max

Rush: 9

Continuity: 7

Flow: 7

Stretch: 6

Vitality:7 (9 x unmatched polarity slot)

Steel Fiber: 8 (4 x polarity slot))

Redirection: 10 (5 x polarity slot)

..giving me 870 Shield and 540 Health

SO.. The questions.. 

I have 1 point left, and a Forma to polarize my Rhino, then..

1.- Should I polarize?

2.- If yes, What polarity would you choose? To put wich mod?

4.- Would you change my setup? Why and how?

5.- Am I writing correct english? Cause it is not my mother language so.. any errors?? xD

6.- Any advice?? all welcome.. feel free to criticise, I won't take it the bad way of course :)

Greetings!!

Cru

Well it depends, If your Banshee armor all the way. But if your frost of rhino sheilds.

banshee gets close to 0 benefit from upgrading armor, all the frames can use shield more but if your frost and Rhino your armor benefit is substantially higher. My Rhino build im working on is as follows

Max Redirection

Max Vitality

Max Steel Fiber

Max Flow

Max Continuity

Max Fast Deflection

Max Abilities

That Will Give you these stats

Health 740

Shield 1110

Shield Regent Rate ~42

Effective health with armor 3083

Armor 315

You will easily be able to tank pretty much anything, also because Iron Skin wont last very long, the more you can regen shield during it the better. This will also give you plenty of ability use, like stomp for example, I currently use that combined with a decked out Gram to spam it and pummel boss. Phorid I.E, 3 Stomps and hes dead from charge swinging with Gram.

banshee gets close to 0 benefit from upgrading armor, all the frames can use shield more but if your frost and Rhino your armor benefit is substantially higher. My Rhino build im working on is as follows

Max Redirection

Max Vitality

Max Steel Fiber

Max Flow

Max Continuity

Max Fast Deflection

Max Abilities

Health 740

Shield 1110

Shield Regent Rate ~42

Armor 315

You will easily be able to tank pretty much anything, also because Iron Skin wont last very long, the more you can regen shield during it the better. This will also give you plenty of ability use, like stomp for example, I currently use that combined with a decked out Gram to spam it and pummel boss. Phorid I.E, 3 Stomps and hes dead from charge swinging with Gram.

Nice build, but you have just 8 slots.. which mod will you dismiss??

lol.. sorry u are right xD, dont know what was I thinking xD

I sacrifice Fast deflection and Rhino stomp x rush and stretch, the main reason is, of course, couldn't stand with that slowness, and with stretch my radial blast and Rhino charge were covering more AOE and travell distance, respectively, making it more versatile and not just tanky

Cru

Max Redirection

Max Vitality

Max Steel Fiber

Max Flow

Max Continuity

Max Fast Deflection

Max Abilities

Health 740

Shield 1110

Shield Regent Rate ~42

Armor 315

In order to do that you will need to polarize with forma more than one time, is that the idea too?

I sacrifice Fast deflection and Rhino stomp x rush and stretch, the main reason is, of course, couldn't stand with that slowness, and with stretch my radial blast and Rhino charge were covering more AOE and travell distance, respectively, making it more versatile and not just tanky

Cru

Rush and stretch really arent great, and if you use movement tricks and parkour you can easily keep up on rhino. Also rhino charge isnt affected by stretch, its effected by continuity. Stretch does something for radial blast and Stomp, but thats it, and it puts blast at 13m, does more for stomp than blast. FD allows you to maintain a decent shield recharge rate when you get your shields that high, otherwise it take about 1min for them to charge fully vs 24sec with FD, also when you are forced to take cover vs higher lvl mobs you can get back into the fight faster with FD. Rhino stomp with continuity max will allow you to freeze a boss for 36sec with a maxed flow. If you have to have a run mod at least do quick rest vs rush because it is more effective. Being able to run faster doesnt mean much if you cant recharge stamina faster, you just run out more, with a fast recharge rate you run slower still but have less stamina down time.

Edited by Ecotox

Rush and stretch really arent great, and if you use movement tricks and parkour you can easily keep up on rhino. Also rhino charge isnt affected by stretch, its effected by continuity. Stretch does something for radial blast and Stomp, but thats it, and it puts blast at 13m, does more for stomp than blast. FD allows you to maintain a decent shield recharge rate when you get your shields that high, otherwise it take about 1min for them to charge fully vs 24sec with FD, also when you are forced to take cover vs higher lvl mobs you can get back into the fight faster with FD. Rhino stomp with continuity max will allow you to freeze a boss for 36sec with a maxed flow. If you have to have a run mod at least do quick rest vs rush because it is more effective. Being able to run faster doesnt mean much if you cant recharge stamina faster, you just run out more, with a fast recharge rate you run slower still but have less stamina down time.

Ok that's what this topic was about :), thanks for the tips Ecotox, I will reconsider my preferences! glad to get an answer. Greetings!

Cru

Ok that's what this topic was about :), thanks for the tips Ecotox, I will reconsider my preferences! glad to get an answer. Greetings!

Cru

np :> and most of the time as rhino your enemies are in close range so having a 10m vs 13m blast wont really matter :>

Health > Shield > Armor (vs infested, since they tear through your shields and sometimes just ignore them completely)

Shield > Health > Armor (vs everything that isn't melee)

I personally balance Health and Shields, but don't use steel fiber unless i'm on one of those tanky frames (Frost/Rhino)

Someone did a lot of math and made a huge graph to prove that armor is a lot more useless than health, armor also does not stack with shields.

Edited by Rabcor